Vacation prep

Bud

I’ve got 3 plants going now, 1 photo, and two autos inside under a CMH 315 12/12 the photos in flower now.
Going on a 10 day cruse and trying to figure a cheep way to water while away..... ? I water completely the day I’m leaving .
Filling iv bags for a drip setup or upside down wine bottles stuck in the soil ? Both methods work, always looking for more or better options, all responses welcome thanks in advance.

Orbit, Dig or Rainbird make irrigation timers that you can connect to drip irrigation

You could also use "capillary wick cord"

I've never tested this but it seems logical you could have a inexpensive water pump used for aquariums or outside ponds and have it hooked to a simple day / hour timer. Water the plants before you leave and have that timer turn on five days later for 5 minutes and drain water out of a 5 gallon bucket. Of course have the hoses run to your plants. But I would recommend zip tying the hoses extremely secure so you don't get a house full of water

I use a RV water pump, which pulls water from a 24 gallon tote (which auto fills with RO water) I control feedings with a solenoid and a digital programmable timer. Solenoid is plugged into programmed timer. I use 1/4" soaker hose to water plants, you could use drip irrigation parts as well. I also use a digital timer for lights.

Back
Top Bottom