Vacuum Sealing For Long Term Storage

Very nice - I look forward to seeing pics.

Depends on how you cure it, most folks will "burp" the jars first month or two (daily at first and then once a week after a few weeks), sealing it up would make that more difficult to do. If you vacuum it up tight, it tends to squish the resin glands and you end up with a lot of it stuck to the plastic. I put some in a ziplock once it was cured with a little bit of air in it so the sealer wouldn't squish it tight and just squish the outer bag. Did a test with just two different strains and only a half an oz. We tried some that had been done that way a year ago and we couldn't really notice any difference in taste or high, I haven't opened the other one but will probably do it next month as it will be a year and a half since harvest. THC will degrade or change over time (my sister says the THC converts to CBN over a length of time according to her Med grower for what that worth), and light and air will speed up that degradation process, so needs to go somewhere dark (and fairly uniform temp would probably help too, so probably not buried in your backyard be a good idea for long term storage ;):rofl:).
Can you store your weed in the freezer after curing for long term storage.

Can you store your weed in the freezer after curing for long term storage.

Not something I have ever tried as I don't need to store it quite that long term. It was more of an experiment than anything and I'm going to open up the one that been sealed for a year and a half pretty soon to see how it is and if any different.

I do indeed have the option to control the amount of air removal (food saver). I vacuum just enough to get about half the air out. The buds are snug but you can still move them around a bit.
Likewise....

o_O Wow, that's big!

Can you store your
cannabis ;)

in the freezer after curing for long term storage.

I'd probably recommend that store it at around 40°F/4°C, like Ace Seeds (and, presumably, other cannabis seed companies) do with their stock, if you feel it requires cold storage.

Ok I forgot one thing.

So this is kinda cool and you might get to experience this. I have in jars.

After they get done with the sugars...they go after chlorophyll. This takes a very long time. But it will start to turn brown once the sugar is gone and they are done. You can let it go or stop. Wont really matter. But it will turn ugly and fools wont smoke it...and it is super good shit.

Funny world!
Lol..I think ur right, I'm just experiencing that for the first time...was wondering what to do with it all..really harsh!.. what u think about freezing it,then using it at a later date for bubble hash?

Back
Top Bottom