Van Stank's Nukehead Sponsored Grow

I can't comment yet....and likely won't offer up an answer to that question on a sponsored grow journal. I have to let the smoke sure. The tester nug was nice though! But then again so was my Stankberry and I made that one. Swing through my perpetual journal and ask me that same question in two months.

I will say its been one of the more interesting strains I have grown. The plants both do things that are different. Wish I knew for sure what the genetics are.

Damn Stank that nuke #2 is one beautiful plant. I am surprised it stayed so short not being topped. Final weight will be interesting.
I am really surprised it stayed that short. I don't think it stretched 10%. I think its still less than 24 inches tall from the soil line

I am really surprised it stayed that short. I don't think it stretched 10%. I think its still less than 24 inches tall from the soil line
Ive grown a couple of Indicas that hardly stretched if at all. had to veg them to the size I wanted them to be or they would not yield. My Green Shark and My Afghan Kush would both only gain a couple inches after put into flower.

Ive grown a couple of Indicas that hardly stretched if at all. had to veg them to the size I wanted them to be or they would not yield. My Green Shark and My Afghan Kush would both only gain a couple inches after put into flower.

Me too, that's one of the reasons I prefer sativas. They may flower longer but you don't have to veg them for 5-6 months to get them to a good size. I grew a indica pheno of bluniverse and I swear that thing was in veg for 7 months. I finally just flipped it and ended up getting about 2 oz off it. It didn't stretch a lick.

Me too, that's one of the reasons I prefer sativas. They may flower longer but you don't have to veg them for 5-6 months to get them to a good size. I grew a indica pheno of bluniverse and I swear that thing was in veg for 7 months. I finally just flipped it and ended up getting about 2 oz off it. It didn't stretch a lick.
Yeah i have had to veg some for ignorant amounts of times! 7 months for 2 zips has to hurt though! I like my girls with a moderate amount of stretch. I have a Fruity Pebbles OG x Wedding Cake that doubled in size after the flip. I was pretty unimpressed with her before the stretch. She is a lanky odd plant. I still do not know how I feel about her but I hope it turns out real nice! My first round of the Purple Punch S1 and the Slurricane stretched really nicely. The PP grew into the lights and I had to super crop her pretty hard. My 9# Hammer blows up after the flip as well. both that I have grown basically doubled in size. I was shocked. It won the High Times cup in Michigan last year for best Indica. I never expected it to stretch like it did.

Part of the problem of growing a strain that you know nothing of the genetics. I suspected it was very heavily indica influenced from beginning but I thought it might have some Sativa stretch lurking in there. I wanted to err on the side of caution with her. If I run her again, I would definitely do things a bit differently. I wanted to see how she grew out un topped and I am glad I did. I guess I just expected more stretch LOL! Or should I say some stretch, or ANY stretch!! Hell think of how good that main apical cola would have been if she stretched 6 inches!!

How is the purple punch? I know it's 1/2 of the black cherry punch and get's used by In House in a lot of strains. I think I remember someone on IG saying it wasn't worth the crazy money they wanted for the S1's. How much did you cough up for it?

Buck got a few as freebies from In House. I traded him a pack of Dynasty gear for 3 Purple Punch S1s and a couple of other In House fems I think (I have traded too much to know what it was). I liked it other than the fact it threw ALOT of bananas after week 5. It is probably stronger than my Slurricane and I may run the other 2 at some point. I would rather get a clone but the price for it is high. I think my Slurricane is a very heavy Punch leaner anyways so unless one falls in my lap IDK if I will search it out any more.

Part of the problem of growing a strain that you know nothing of the genetics. I suspected it was very heavily indica influenced from beginning but I thought it might have some Sativa stretch lurking in there. I wanted to err on the side of caution with her. If I run her again, I would definitely do things a bit differently. I wanted to see how she grew out un topped and I am glad I did. I guess I just expected more stretch LOL! Or should I say some stretch, or ANY stretch!! Hell think of how good that main apical cola would have been if she stretched 6 inches!!

Yes I know what you mean. Even knowing what makes up the strain can make it hard. The first time I grew out my Bubblegum I expected little stretch... It almost grew past my lights!

Chop Day for Nuke #2 (Day 69 from Flip, Day 62 With Hairs)

Decided to take a few different sets of pictures on her today in case I decide to enter her into anything. Her colors have made her a very interesting late flower plant. These were taken outside in natural sun light. Trying to find a way to get a realistic look at the colors she is putting out because the pictures don't do the actual plant justice.

Enjoy....let me know if any of these catch anyone's eye. Tent pictures coming up next.

Indoor shot

Hopefully we have a few decent ones in here. Really need to start using a tripod. Enjoy guys. Last pics of her still whole. Trimmers are oiled up and ready. Gonna take a little puff on some Stankberry and get this party started! Woot woot!

Back
Top Bottom