Status
Not open for further replies.
And to finish up a highly productive Saturday with the plant I love.

Made 15 clones. Lets see if I can get them ready to plant by summer solstice.
IMG_2665.jpg

Pass the afternoon chilling with the plants and checking out how they respond from the heavy training, it is looking good and so happy to see them thriving. The Durban Poison still not fully there yet, she is growing incredibly fast but still not putting out that lush green waxy looking healthy glow. Gotta keep working on this one.

I used a 4ft level as a point of reference.
IMG_2683.jpg
IMG_2684.jpg
IMG_2685.jpg
IMG_2686.jpg
IMG_2688.jpg
IMG_2688.jpg
IMG_2689.jpg
IMG_2692.jpg
IMG_2693.jpg
IMG_2694.jpg

Day length at the area where the plants are.

as of today.
5:16 am ↑ (54°)9:11 pm ↑ (306°)15: 53 hrs

As of June 21th Summer solstice.
5:10 am ↑ (51°)9:24 pm ↑ (309°)16: 13 hrs

These phenos showed flowering at around 13 hrs of light 11 dark. So long way from flowering. Might have to force flower at some point around July.

Day length at the area where the plants are.

as of today.
5:16 am ↑ (54°)9:11 pm ↑ (306°)15: 53 hrs

As of June 21th Summer solstice.
5:10 am ↑ (51°)9:24 pm ↑ (309°)16: 13 hrs

These phenos showed flowering at around 13 hrs of light 11 dark. So long way from flowering. Might have to force flower at some point around July.
Nice supercropping.
How are you planning to start light dep?

Nice supercropping.
How are you planning to start light dep?

:thanks:

This is August 1st
5:48 am ↑ (61°)8:54 pm ↑ (299°)15: 06 hrs

This is the day legnth on October 1st
7:15 am ↑ (94°)6:54 pm ↑ (266°)11:cool:18

Normally growing outdoors plant finish around late September early October, but here on the Island it gets very very humid around that time so its a nightmare for cannabis because it brings mold on all the bud.

Last time I did light dep was several years ago and I had a green house, so every row of cannabis was covered with black contractor bags around early August we took one hour of light every day until we matched 12 hrs of light naturally. The trick is to trigger the flower hormones maybe a month earlier, so once the plant is full on flower it wont go back even if its not getting the full 12 hours of dark.

Another way is to cover them every night and leave them covered 1 or 2 hours extra every morning, so they would see the sun 2 hours later than usual. Trying to get as close to 12 hours of dark as possible.

Now for this time around I dont have the greenhouse and each plant will have to be covered invidiually... I have 2-3 months to come up with a plan on how to cover them. Depending on the size of each plant I might have to build each a cover using the black contractor bags (I like these bags because they are really thick and almost tearproof.)

Its a very labor intensive but keep the mold to a minimun.

:lot-o-toke:

:thanks:

This is August 1st
5:48 am ↑ (61°)8:54 pm ↑ (299°)15: 06 hrs

This is the day legnth on October 1st
7:15 am ↑ (94°)6:54 pm ↑ (266°)11:cool:18

Normally growing outdoors plant finish around late September early October, but here on the Island it gets very very humid around that time so its a nightmare for cannabis because it brings mold on all the bud.

Last time I did light dep was several years ago and I had a green house, so every row of cannabis was covered with black contractor bags around early August we took one hour of light every day until we matched 12 hrs of light naturally. The trick is to trigger the flower hormones maybe a month earlier, so once the plant is full on flower it wont go back even if its not getting the full 12 hours of dark.

Another way is to cover them every night and leave them covered 1 or 2 hours extra every morning, so they would see the sun 2 hours later than usual. Trying to get as close to 12 hours of dark as possible.

Now for this time around I dont have the greenhouse and each plant will have to be covered invidiually... I have 2-3 months to come up with a plan on how to cover them. Depending on the size of each plant I might have to build each a cover using the black contractor bags (I like these bags because they are really thick and almost tearproof.)

Its a very labor intensive but keep the mold to a minimun.

Wow, 6ish degrees of latitude really changes things!
August 1st we have 14:30 hours, but I usually have at least one plant building buds by then. Last year it was my Bruce Banners.
I have only done light dep with plants in pots. It'll be interesting to see what you come up with for plants in the ground.

Wow, 6ish degrees of latitude really changes things!
August 1st we have 14:30 hours, but I usually have at least one plant building buds by then. Last year it was my Bruce Banners.
I have only done light dep with plants in pots. It'll be interesting to see what you come up with for plants in the ground.
yeah I am at the 49th parallel so kinda challenging setting. Cant imagine what its like to be growing out in Alaska... :tommy:

yeah lets see if we have a dry end of the summer I might be lucky to not have to go thru this labor intensive process. The other option is cutting the plants early to avoid the mold.

we will see.

Pass the afternoon chilling with the plants and checking out how they respond from the heavy training, it is looking good and so happy to see them thriving. The Durban Poison still not fully there yet, she is growing incredibly fast but still not putting out that lush green waxy looking healthy glow. Gotta keep working on this one.

I used a 4ft level as a point of reference.
IMG_2683.jpg
IMG_2684.jpg
IMG_2685.jpg
IMG_2686.jpg
IMG_2688.jpg
IMG_2688.jpg
IMG_2689.jpg
IMG_2692.jpg
IMG_2693.jpg
IMG_2694.jpg
Wow you’ve been busy my friend glad to see it’s going well for you

Wow you’ve been busy my friend glad to see it’s going well for you

Yeah my friend I havent grown outdoors in several years (do to travelling and relocating) so I am really really enjoying this grow. Im gonna be seeing them again this afternoon to give them some extra loving :circle-of-love:

Update on the clones, 4 days after the clones started. They seem to be bouncing up, the old leaves are slowly yellowing and new shots are coming up. I got them under two LEDs so Im having to check on them to see if they arent beeing burned alive.

fingers crossed by next week the can go outside to start feeling the canadian weather.

6 clones of Durban Poison
9 clones of personal sativa

IMG_2702.jpg
IMG_2703.jpg

Chunky Skunk
IMG_2711.jpg
IMG_2712.jpg
IMG_2713.jpg

Personal Sat.
IMG_2714.jpg
IMG_2715.jpg
IMG_2716.jpg
IMG_2717.jpg

Durban Poison
IMG_2718.jpg
IMG_2719.jpg
IMG_2720.jpg

Can you see the little calyx with the 2 pistils?

At the photoperiod they are in right now they shouldnt be showing preflowers. My only explanation is when I put them outside they where tricked into flowering, so they never got rid off the flowering hormones and they were forced back into veg. Lets see how they turn out, these ladies are very mature and more than ready to make flowers.

Quick update.

Did Defol on Durban Poison pheno and also got the molases and Neem oil (not pushing any brand, just got them on amz)
IMG_2755.jpg
IMG_2754.jpg
IMG_2753.jpg
IMG_2762.jpg
getting ready to hit em up with that.

That Durban still showing the scars of early planting. But she is snapping out of that nutrient lockout. Hopefully with the molases (source of iron, potassium, calcium) and the glacial rock dust (source of Iron, Mag, and manganese), plus the usual bone meal, worm casting, bio char, compost tea... SHE should snap out of it like the rest of the gang did.

Looking good my man are you going to let them get huge or going for stealth?
thanks brother,

and yeah I wish I could keep them stealth but the setting they are in is pretty much open backyard so as much as (wishful thinking) I want them stealth the neighbors probably have already seen them. Im probably gonna be camping in the yard around late september I you know what I mean

Yes sir get out the bear traps and booby trap the backyard lol When I was younger my dad kept "cleaning" my room aka looking for weed. Eventually I got sick of it and threw a bunch of finger tacks on the ground and covered it with clothes. I knew the path well enough where I eventually forgot about it lol Then my Fiancée moved in and ended up stepping on them and she was like wtf so I explained it to her....needless to say I'm not allowed to set traps anymore :(

Yes sir get out the bear traps and booby trap the backyard lol When I was younger my dad kept "cleaning" my room aka looking for weed. Eventually I got sick of it and threw a bunch of finger tacks on the ground and covered it with clothes. I knew the path well enough where I eventually forgot about it lol Then my Fiancée moved in and ended up stepping on them and she was like wtf so I explained it to her....needless to say I'm not allowed to set traps anymore :(

LOL :rofl: thanks for that I might just do that same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom