Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn what a job... well at least that's better for you than my place, I'm farther than 50km about 250 I think, and a slow 250 at that. I have a sig. longer season down here, however as we are in a significant rainshadow and receive much last than the lower mainland or rest of Island. Still a fuck-ton, mind you, but merely a single fuck-ton. This coast is all about micro-climates.

The last pics of them in the ground made me weak at the knees... so beautiful. No kidding. I could tell you'd been around a bit less, but D, they still looked so vital. Now, getting those beauties to harvest is going to be a chore, only ten weeks puts us at the hard-stop end of the season. I hope you took a few nice cuttings and can root them at home with you, prop and veg over winter indoors under some CFLs or w.H.y. Hope buddy is into swapping a cutting or two for you also, because Timewarp may be an oldie, but it's a (very) goody. Texada has different geography than any of the Gulf or Discovery Islands. It is the peak of a sunken and flooded mountain of the coast range and has both unique soil properties and individual micro-climate. Its peak is quite high and in flowering season, when fog is often an issue (on the water we crusty-types always call it Fogust), Texada's elevation often means its peak is above this fog layer and receiving ultimate sunshine. It also has some highly mineralized, ancient, volcanic ash-based soils up there that are quite special. I ran down there multiple times in my old salmon troller to fill the holds with soils, with gifts for and permission from the locals of course. Tribute must be paid!

Well done my friend, and remember, I'm here to help if you need me.

Hi RD,

Well all I can is this last month has been the real test. Maybe it’s gonna finish smoother? Wishful thinking…

I’m happy that I could find a home not to far away, nothing against driving down to VIC but the pots man… shit was heavy. It’s all good now I’m in peace with having then where they are and let them do theirs thing, I’m thinking of a weekly visit should be ok.

Now off topic; Texada seems like the holly grail in terms to TERROIR. Like my friend loves the strain and grows it every year since I’ve met him. I really wanna check this place out. Your stories also get me thinking the endless possibilities of places around the gulf islands and south island where if I was to consistently grow one of these like Duterte’s nightmare or Personal Sat, in a time line of 3-5 years I can get them to settle in to the environment and the short Canadian season… I just day dream too much… also I wanna start looking at altitude growing. If I stay around Nanaimo… mount Benson is the target.

Anyway, any new flyer hit your mailbox lately?

Enjoy RD
:Namaste:

Long waited visit to the ladies in the bush, well it’s definitely not intentional to have them suffer this much but it’s happening, in a coin flip this is gonna either be great or terrible.

I have them fighting for their life, it’s been dry all week. The area here has had very little rain and they are showing it, but I dropped on them 23 ltr jerry can with horsetail anaerobic tea (2lts 3rd Bach), I thru in the water 2 spoons of granular organic fertilizer and bone meal.

So they drought (non intentional, mostly weather dependant) for a week and next Monday I will come again and water.

I wanna see what they will do, the maximum stress is on going they are in pots, no feeding regularly, and heavy watered once a week… will they self pollinate at some point? Or make it thru flower sin semilla? Is the increasing amount of stressors a possible enhancement for terpenes, cannabinoides in general? I got many questions I’m looking to answer in terms of phenotype traits and environmental shaping.

Since I got the mothers on a completely different environment. These here are all clones from Xenomoprh and personal Sativa.
I have 1 big plant that I called the isolated one, she was from seed but I have no clue what she is lol all I know is she was sick and them got better and now she is thriving. She is the big pheno in the 3rd photo down.

All good here, happy to see them thriving and like it’s hot and dry and they are in the bush, they looked great. Can’t do much it’s survival of the fittest.

:passitleft:

5C7ADBE0-4348-4D6D-A132-112F0AD7A6B2.jpeg

F9E69986-2A40-47EB-A134-6D38435B83BF.jpeg
8C2F4C9B-DF97-4A1F-ABD1-E7E96FFD7248.jpeg
9A198B4E-0FEE-4A70-8E5D-040A5143AE15.jpeg
66552C11-868A-48E5-A204-10525D5EEC32.jpeg
4F286D00-16F4-439D-8B04-1EC1126F805A.jpeg
0E5D8950-B8DA-4A86-B736-7495E003C6FD.jpeg
2D9B489F-463D-40F2-9DAB-816373633A9E.jpeg
A261E4C8-9A5A-41EF-B554-4DC253F20FC6.jpeg

I’m happy that I could find a home not to far away, nothing against driving down to VIC but the pots man… shit was heavy.
Dude, I am perfectly happy to be anyone's 'plan C'. (they're usually pretty desperate by then and willing to try anything.... :rofl: )
All good here, happy to see them thriving and like it’s hot and dry and they are in the bush, they looked great
Wow, I can breathe again! Some tough days ahead, but a great omen, don't you think?

Track the weather best you can, this is a serious dry spell for our temperate rainforest locale; let me know if you have any concerns or questions about it or just to talk over the predictions and the chance of them being accurate where you are.

Have you come across the term "holobiont"? I think you'd really dig it, its a revolutionary new appreciation of soil and agriculture, all tied up in a bow. I think of it as "flora- reiki" but data-rich with sci. method. This video lecture is excellent, a must-watch (the lecture part that is, the tech. video aspect is utter shite!)

If you havent already do me and yourself a favour by checking this (other!) must-read thread out. Low-cost, outdoor regenerative, large-scale. Bim! bam!! boom!!!

If you havent already do me and yourself a favour by checking this (other!) must-read thread out. Low-cost, outdoor regenerative, large-scale. Bim! bam!! boom!!!

Dude, I am perfectly happy to be anyone's 'plan C'. (they're usually pretty desperate by then and willing to try anything.... :rofl: )

Wow, I can breathe again! Some tough days ahead, but a great omen, don't you think?

Track the weather best you can, this is a serious dry spell for our temperate rainforest locale; let me know if you have any concerns or questions about it or just to talk over the predictions and the chance of them being accurate where you are.

Have you come across the term "holobiont"? I think you'd really dig it, its a revolutionary new appreciation of soil and agriculture, all tied up in a bow. I think of it as "flora- reiki" but data-rich with sci. method. This video lecture is excellent, a must-watch (the lecture part that is, the tech. video aspect is utter shite!)

Thanks for sharing this RD, I’m always looking for a interesting read related to soil, im open to any progressive way to feed our needs and doing it so in equilibrium with nature.

Hey, you just became plan A for genetic propagation…
:headbanger::headbanger:

In relation to the weather; I got no data on that since I moved to the island last fall, and everything has changed so much since last year (stories I heard from the locals). It’s very dry at the moment I can tell. I don’t wanna kill the plants in the bush but I also don’t wanna make it easy for them, I’ve been reading on the journals around about drought in flower, seems like something that’s happening to these plants in the bush, to be honest I don’t really know what the outcome will be for them, I hope they make it, what a journey!

A part of me wants all the stress on them and if they live then I need to make them seed some how…

I will probably visit them tomorrow, your message could just well be one of the universe synchronicities;
I will go see them.
:Namaste:

I will probably visit them tomorrow, your message could just well be one of the universe synchronicities;
I will go see them.
Coulda been the universe, coulda also been me not-so-subtly manipulating you to make sure you got back out there asap with more water!

If you tell someone to do something directly, often there is resistance, often justifiably. There is "you're not the boss of me", there is vocal defence of their personal plan "A", and much else in similar vein.

If you just offer to help someone do something straight off the bat, ego's aren't triggered and it becomes more, 'an opportunity to be taken advantage of' from their perspective.

We all participate in the art of persuasion, multiple times a day, there's nothing sinister about it when it's in good faith and genuine. Telling someone to go water their plants isn't our place to begin with, unless asked of course. But if you feel something is important then you should be able to find it in yourself to find a selfless and giving way to bring it about.

So sayeth that jackass Reservoir Dog. Amen. lol!

I hope you don't mind me saying all that D, it's meant with respect and brotherly Jah-love. I know you're on top of things, I just felt like opining.

Coulda been the universe, coulda also been me not-so-subtly manipulating you to make sure you got back out there asap with more water!

If you tell someone to do something directly, often there is resistance, often justifiably. There is "you're not the boss of me", there is vocal defence of their personal plan "A", and much else in similar vein.

If you just offer to help someone do something straight off the bat, ego's aren't triggered and it becomes more, 'an opportunity to be taken advantage of' from their perspective.

We all participate in the art of persuasion, multiple times a day, there's nothing sinister about it when it's in good faith and genuine. Telling someone to go water their plants isn't our place to begin with, unless asked of course. But if you feel something is important then you should be able to find it in yourself to find a selfless and giving way to bring it about.

So sayeth that jackass Reservoir Dog. Amen. lol!

I hope you don't mind me saying all that D, it's meant with respect and brotherly Jah-love. I know you're on top of things, I just felt like opining.

I love it brother, I got soo much respect for people that are all in for the process and passionate about it. I need all the reminders, I got so much on my plate (personal life and work, I got 2 jobs now, and lease is done end september, so moving...) I need the reminder that I might be dropping the ball. Also the sudden spin on my grow after August 1st just made it a complete new challange. I went yesterday to Chemainus to visit the mothers, holly sh@ts they are well over 6ft, they looked like they have been thru a hurracaine or something, took sooo much dead lower branches and did some well deserved one on one. You will LOVE Dutertes nightmare.

I try to check the ego self every now and then with some psilocybin (personal choice for inner work and ego detachment), doesnt mean my human self isnt still roaming my mind. I find your words and the words of many others in the community a safe place, talking cannabis is something I love and would never be upset of any reminder. I might get heated in discussions about training or organic fertilizer, anerobic vs aerobic teas... but never upset and always a humble student.

I got some pictures. :D

JAh bless.

Well Its been a good 2 weeks since they changed home, from the soil to a pot, passing by 2 days in a truck bed hidding. Im blessed to still have them alive and doing their thing. The have strecthed even more now looking for the light and figuring out their way.

Had to do a lot a lot of prunning and defol, like stripped almost everything down, went on the inside outside... like I was like a hound dog looking for mold, PM, anything... Found a huge slug at the very top of one plant, that was funny. I threw every trim and branch all over the surrounding area, you know to keep the slugs happy.

Dumped 23 ltrs of Horsetail anerobic extract, 2 spoons granular organic fertilizer, hit them with neem and horsetail for foliar... gave them some energy and let them know Im still around.

Dutertes Nightmare
Every time I look at thois plant Im thinking wow they really grow this stuff in the jungle? She is looking soooo fresh, like nothing happened. Nice green, some what short for a sativa... Im thinking skunk genetics could be in there... Im trying to read the pheno traits but frankly no freaking clue...

IMG_4409.jpg
IMG_4414.jpg
IMG_4413.jpg
IMG_4411.jpg
IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4412.jpg

Before Foliar spray.

PHOTO-2022-08-20-00-07-02-1.jpg

Chunky Skunk
She is big, had lots of yellow fan leaves. But the potential yield is there, she is got a lot of good branches. She recovered here shape and still is shooting upward. Not much bud on the view, she is nice to look at. The top of the plant has some very promising budsites.
IMG_4415.jpg
IMG_4416.jpg
IMG_4418.jpg
IMG_4419.jpg
PHOTO-2022-08-20-00-06-54-2.jpg
PHOTO-2022-08-20-00-06-54-3.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg
We are going to be in a crunch come harvest.
We both seem to be behind everyone else.
My pistils are just starting.
Girls look great my friend.
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Xenomorph

She has taken a beating, All the plant has changed completly. The shape and the overall health. Broken branches, dead lower growth, but she still stands and buds too. By far the most crazy looking plant I have grown. I took a lot of dead stuff from this one.

IMG_4422.jpg
IMG_4423.jpg
IMG_4424.jpg
IMG_4425.jpg
IMG_4426.jpg
IMG_4427.jpg
IMG_4428.jpg
PHOTO-2022-08-20-00-06-58-1.jpg

We are going to be in a crunch come harvest.
We both seem to be behind everyone else.
My pistils are just starting.
Girls look great my friend.
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

We are behind my friend. I am already thinking mid October. Im not gonna lie, I might have to build some roof on this girls otherwise bye bye to mold.

Thanks for stopping by Bill, hope you having a great weekend.

We are behind my friend. I am already thinking mid October. Im not gonna lie, I might have to build some roof on this girls otherwise bye bye to mold.

Thanks for stopping by Bill, hope you having a great weekend.
We will be busy come Halloween I fear. :rolleyes:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Mine look like this too Bill. We're pretty high in many ways!
I just don't want to be scrambling for heat.
Halloween is what 10 weeks or so away.
If I was done and dusted by then I'd be happy.
C02 generater might be in order!!
Hope your good Stone. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Reporting back from the ladies in the bush, looking solid can’t complain doing better than expected and not trying to be so hard on myself. Two more casualties and I think that’s it. There a total of 7 more or less
:cheer:

412824AA-6E16-464B-8D59-5A21D2A2D8DA.jpeg
CEB5B1EB-63CB-469D-82A4-5481AFFE233D.jpeg
0BA8471D-923F-4DF4-A21A-5E9D994A48B6.jpeg
8830C85A-41A9-45F2-BC54-4A4D38FBB185.jpeg
A0CF4860-9A8A-4C41-A002-ED8D6586BECE.jpeg
50530E57-9435-4BFF-BD95-EFCD1B1293C2.jpeg
BD28CA74-9903-4FA0-9415-6F113DDEABE6.jpeg
16DE0E7F-DAA7-4446-A8A2-6D844D7BA935.jpeg
34680BF7-6EDA-4798-881F-E0D6DBE94065.jpeg
7562F95A-5A4B-44B9-A96F-2BD2462D4A36.jpeg

I found evidence of some rain fall in the area here, found several puddle of water on the gravel road to the site. So some rain at the range the plants are but still dry everywhere. Dumped same jerry can with horsetail and 2 spoons of granular fertilizer, foliar spray with just neem.

All of the Xenomoprh clones are budding so that’s a good sign for the mother hopefully Xenomoprh could pull the late September mark. The Personal Sativa clones are not so much showing pistils maybe another week?
The big plant I another great looking one, she is no clone but late bloomer from seed. She is showing pale green foliage let’s see how that evolves.

They are dealing, mate they are dealing. Pest damage looks significant but not mortally so, Temps will have been sig. out there and they sure look happy to see you. I swig of nitrogen regardless time of year I would prob apply along with all the rest. Cover up those black pots to keep soil temps down and sit 'm in a dish of water or in a hole, next to a rotted log... just riffing here in my own mind, I have no idea what you have avail but you know what's what I know that. Those are the clone's yeah? D, anything can happen in the bush, and they're worth whatever you can give them. Well done, thanks for letting me know.

Yeah, I'm gonna post to my thread, I know I'm procrastinating.... sorta.... lots of fantastic excuses any one of which would fly but.... they're still excuses.

I'm gonna soak some sativa tonight my friend. We've had a fatality in tent-1... and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for your help my friend, it came when needed. Nonetheless...

They are dealing, mate they are dealing. Pest damage looks significant but not mortally so, Temps will have been sig. out there and they sure look happy to see you. I swig of nitrogen regardless time of year I would prob apply along with all the rest. Cover up those black pots to keep soil temps down and sit 'm in a dish of water or in a hole, next to a rotted log... just riffing here in my own mind, I have no idea what you have avail but you know what's what I know that. Those are the clone's yeah? D, anything can happen in the bush, and they're worth whatever you can give them. Well done, thanks for letting me know.

Yeah, I'm gonna post to my thread, I know I'm procrastinating.... sorta.... lots of fantastic excuses any one of which would fly but.... they're still excuses.

I'm gonna soak some sativa tonight my friend. We've had a fatality in tent-1... and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for your help my friend, it came when needed. Nonetheless...

Yup I saw my pots are giving me away, stealth is weak. I will cover with more fern, it’s around everywhere and kinda fits in with the scene. I don’t wanna makes excuses for my highly improvised bush dump of clones lol. I want them for so many reasons but I don’t want much headaches. Also I’ve been thinking too much of a visit makes a vehicle pattern, now I’m paranoid :smokin:

I hit them with neem oil and been dumping good set of microbes every week. Hoping for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom