Status
Not open for further replies.

Danishoes21

Its been a while since I made a journal, lets have a look at what I am doing this time around here on Van.Isl., BC.

1 x Durban Poison >Dutch Passion
1 x Chunky Skunk >Freebie
1 x Sweet Zombie >Freebie
1 x Personal Sativa Fem cultivar (Im trying to revive some seeds I worked on before 2017)

Started indoors from seed Febuary and slowly got them outside by end of April. Put them in the ground by end of April but turned out we had some cold nights lefts and this shocked one of the plants greatly. She is now recovered and days have gotten hotter since.

IMG_2066.jpg
IMG_2069.jpg
IMG_2070.jpg
IMG_2072.jpg
IMG_2073.jpg
IMG_2074.jpg
IMG_2075.jpg
IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

Put them on the ground April 8 and the Durban Poison started showing early stages of nutrient lockout. It took me a while to figure it out. Iron Magnesium seem like the issue and I added Glacial rock dust to supplement Iron, Mag, Manganese. Also started a Rockweed seaweed compost tea and another compost tea with high nitrogen using stinging nettle and grass cuttings sheep manure and mushroom compost.

IMG_2247.jpg
IMG_2248.jpg
IMG_2249.jpg
IMG_2250.jpg
IMG_2251.jpg
IMG_2252.jpg
IMG_2253.jpg
IMG_2254.jpg
IMG_2255.jpg

Since they are outside I started doing some training, I go hard in the early stage. I break the main cola at the stem and force it be at the same high as the canopy in other to keep the bulk of the hormones and nutrients at "same travel distance from the rest". Equal distritution of the plant juice keeps the plant low/bushy, every point of break heals and creates a big bulge making every branch sturdy and ready to handle weight.

I do selective node-ing by removing the lower nodes and only leaving the fan leaves.
IMG_2433.jpg
IMG_2434.jpg
IMG_2435.jpg
IMG_2436.jpg
IMG_2437.jpg
IMG_2438.jpg
IMG_2439.jpg
IMG_2440.jpg

Hey another Canadian looking good my friend sorry to hear about the shock but she seems to be bouncing back!
Hey there bud,
thanks for dropping by. Yeah it was a shock for the plant the crazy cold days around late April but they seem pretty fine now. Days are getting hot and very long and the plants love it.

Hey there bud,
thanks for dropping by. Yeah it was a shock for the plant the crazy cold days around late April but they seem pretty fine now. Days are getting hot and very long and the plants love it.

I agree it was a crazy April for us as well but ya everything is picking up nicely

I couldnt resist and went back 3 days after I did intense trainning and the surprise was they all went back up. Standing tall and most of the bending and breaking has healed you can see the big bulges forming. The plants exploded since last update.
Durban Poison was the one hurting from suspected iron-mag nutrient lockout and is very close to fully recovered.

All dry days since last update, so went and watered heavy with both seaweed tea and nitrogen rich tea.

They are pumping.

Chunky Skunk
IMG_2550.jpg
IMG_2551.jpg

Personal Sativa Fem cultivar
IMG_2552.jpg
IMG_2553.jpg

Durban Poison
IMG_2554.jpg
IMG_2555.jpg

Sweet Zombie
IMG_2556.jpg
IMG_2557.jpg

5 days since I did some trainning, plants just go up. They are responding favorably to everything I am doing. Today I took pictures before I did a big training sesion, including bending, breaking, node-ing, defol.

Added to the mix Bio-char, organic bone meal and worm castings, also watered again using seaweed compost tea and nitrogen rich compost tea.

The Canna is part of a bigger picture the whole place is being grown following permaculture practices, so the canna is sharing space with many many diferent plant, Its the first time I incorporate Canna and permaculture.

Sweet Zombie
IMG_2608.jpg
IMG_2609.jpg

Chunky Skunk
IMG_2598.jpg
IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg
IMG_2603.jpg

Durban Poison
IMG_2605.jpg
IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg
IMG_2622.jpg

5 days since I did some trainning, plants just go up. They are responding favorably to everything I am doing. Today I took pictures before I did a big training sesion, including bending, breaking, node-ing, defol.

Added to the mix Bio-char, organic bone meal and worm castings, also watered again using seaweed compost tea and nitrogen rich compost tea.

The Canna is part of a bigger picture the whole place is being grown following permaculture practices, so the canna is sharing space with many many diferent plant, Its the first time I incorporate Canna and permaculture.

Sweet Zombie
IMG_2608.jpg
IMG_2609.jpg

Chunky Skunk
IMG_2598.jpg
IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg
IMG_2603.jpg

Durban Poison
IMG_2605.jpg
IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg
IMG_2622.jpg

Looking tasty my man how's the weather out there? 23C for tomorrow and 30 for Monday time for the heat lol not looking forward to working in the oven aka my work

Looking tasty my man how's the weather out there? 23C for tomorrow and 30 for Monday time for the heat lol not looking forward to working in the oven aka my work

Weather in Van isl is pretty good for now, getting some sun but we havent hit the 20s yet. Im happy we had no rain in a couple days.

Your a cook? I was a cook for 10 years back in Montreal. I dont do that anymore.

Weather in Van isl is pretty good for now, getting some sun but we havent hit the 20s yet. Im happy we had no rain in a couple days.

Your a cook? I was a cook for 10 years back in Montreal. I dont do that anymore.
I used to but nothing special just fast food shit was at a Tim Hortons for almost 5 years before I moved into welding which is what I was referring to. Our shop is like a oven and I know there is ways to cool it down our owners don’t care they got AC in their offices lol.

My fiancée and I were in Montreal for a week about 5-6 years ago and loved it maybe not the homeless community that kept trying to fight me for smokes lmao.

We went for 420 and in the park by Mount Royal since I didn’t smoke then I’m like look babe the park is on fire look at all the ambulances then she told me lol

I prepared a big big pot for that special pheno. They way I layer the content is an experiment.
Dry Bambo
Dry Cut Grass
Dry Cedar branches
Sawdust
Organic Composted soil
Fermented seaweed
Bone meal
bio char
Worm casting
IMG_2616.jpg
IMG_2617.jpg
IMG_2618.jpg
IMG_2619.jpg
IMG_2620.jpg
IMG_2626.jpg
IMG_2627.jpg

Photo of the Compost tea. Big pond Seaweed smaller pot Nitrogen rich.
IMG_2625.jpg

This how the inside looks after 4 hrs of detail work.
IMG_2663.jpg
IMG_2664.jpg

Holy crap man thats amazing! I think I'd like to try something like that but i dont know if i make a tea can you buy them?
you can buy liquid Kelp concetrated fertilizer, a lot are made in the west coast, here on the island. Massive Kelp forrest around the coast here so a lot of new fertilizer popping up. Also phytoplankton brew. If you have acces to the coast you can get your hands on seaweed and brew your own. Its simple grab a bunch of seaweed, fill a huge contaniner with rain wated, put the seaweed inside and let ferment for at least 3 months. Then use all of it even the seaweed at the bottom, its great mulch.
Best thing about organic fertilizer is that the plant simply stops taking after it doesnt need it. No chemical taste in the bud and cant really hurt the plant unless it suffers from nutrient lock out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom