Size of light? 400 for Veg. 600 for early flower. 1000 for late flower
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? 80
RH of Room/cab? 40 to 50%
PH of media or res? 5.9 to 6.2
Any Pests ? none that I know of
How often are you watering? Changing res every two weeks
Type and strength of ferts used? GH

Re: Vanilla Kush, Mekong High, Blueberry, and White Widow....Hydro Race to the Fini

Ebb and Gro System

journal_0101.JPG

Water Cooler

journal_011.JPG

The little baby girls - The 4 seedlings that just spouted this weekend

journal_0012.JPG

Re: Vanilla Kush, Mekong High, Blueberry, and White Widow....Hydro Race to the Fini

The vented lighting

journal_0062.JPG

Portable room AC

journal_0121.JPG

I did not mention this earlier. My grow room is a closet 4 feet by 8 feet.

The only reason I have different strains is my last seed order the company had a special and gave me extra feminized seeds. My reseach tells me the plants should all grow to close the same height. They area all indica/sativa strains.

I am now vegging with a 400 watt HPS. I will top them when they develop 4 to 5 nodes at the second node up. My plan to to start the 12/12 when the plants get around 18". At that point I will change the bulb to a 600 watt HID. When the plants get tall and the light does not penetrate to the bottom of the plant I will change the bulb and ballast to 1000 watt for better light coverage.

The last grow I had was Vanilla Kush. I ended up with 17 mason jars packed with bud off of 4 plants. I know each mason jar holds around an ounce. I think the strain from the seed company had more sativa than indica because I ended up having to flower 16 weeks because my biggest plant would not stop growing!!

Sounds cool man. I'm in. I'm a noob so bear with me here. Is the big trash can (res?) connected to the buckets via a pump?

Sounds cool man. I'm in. I'm a noob so bear with me here. Is the big trash can (res?) connected to the buckets via a pump?

I am glad you are in too!! I was a noob 6 grows ago. I am no expert. However, I have learned a lot.

Yes, the big plastic garbage can is my resevoir. It is a 37 gallon heavy duty constuction Rubermaid brand plastic can. I keep my resevoir filled with 20 gallons of water.

The system is an Ebb and Gro system and the buckets fill up every 4 hours when the lights are on. :bong:

Cool. I got some vanilla kush seeds that I was so stoked about, but I've read some reviews that kind of trash the strain saying that it's just being over-hyped. Is it a bad ass high or am I going to be disappointed?

I'm not anywhere close trying to grow any yet, but I was just wondering if it's as good as it's supposed to be.

Cool. I got some vanilla kush seeds that I was so stoked about, but I've read some reviews that kind of trash the strain saying that it's just being over-hyped. Is it a bad ass high or am I going to be disappointed?

I'm not anywhere close trying to grow any yet, but I was just wondering if it's as good as it's supposed to be.

Thanks for stopping by. Vanilla Kush was my 5th grow and is the stongest smoke I have grown so far. It has a great taste and has a very stong body high and will put you to sleep if you smoke too much!!

I had to go 12/12 for a lot longer than the seed company said. If I would have harvested in the 7 to 8 week period I would not have ended up with as good of smoke.

In your opinion, what would be a good strain have as a "I still have to be able to get some shit done today" strain? Something that I can smoke and still be able to function on. I guess just something that will compliment the V Kush.

I can smoke the Vanilla Kush and still get some things done. I have a high tolerance. Any weed can be grown to give you a more up high. All you have to do is harvest when the tricks are around 30% amber. I am going to harvest between 60 to 80%. I like a strong body high to relax me. I have alot of energy and my way of growing gives me the best product for me to relax. ;)

On this grow when I read the description for the Mekong High strain. This strain is out of Vietnam!! It is supposed to be a up high. This might be the weed I will smoke while I shave and shower in the am!! I am looking forward to see how that one turns out!!!

Yo man love the setup. Im in for the grow as well, the Mekong High is what im interested in seeing. Ive never bought seeds before, I usually just use the seeds I get from all the bud I buy which is all puss so I figure the seeds are just as good, and I've never had a bad crop. Or I just buy some clones HAHA. Anyways man keep up the good work and i look forward to seeing more :peace:

Yo man love the setup. Im in for the grow as well, the Mekong High is what im interested in seeing. Ive never bought seeds before, I usually just use the seeds I get from all the bud I buy which is all puss so I figure the seeds are just as good, and I've never had a bad crop. Or I just buy some clones HAHA. Anyways man keep up the good work and i look forward to seeing more :peace:

The Mekong High was a freebee from Attitude Seed company. So are the White Widow and the Blueberry.

I too am most interested in the Mekong High. I lived with a Vietnamese woman for several years. They use food and herbs as medication for various illnesses. She used to scrub my feet every night after work and always cooked great interesting food. I love Vietnamese food! Unfortunately her family did not approve of our relationship and that was that!!! This plant will get alot of attention!! :)

It has been eight days since I posted the seeling photos. I have had to adjust the PH several times this week. I think that is why some of the leaves are a little discolored. I am not concerned though. PH is under control and I am doing my first res change this weekend.

So far the Blueberry and the White Widow are in the lead with the Vanilla Kush and the Mekong High trailing in growth!! Will post more later. Thanks!

6-15-11_020.JPG

CF,
Im here to see the goodies youare going to produce. Nice set-up Keep them green buddy

Thank you Comrade Budds and Skyrocket!! I forgot to add that I like to keep my ph between 5.9 to 6.2 if possible.

I did have a water leak earlier in the week from my drip system because the Ebb and Grow is not good for super small seedling plants I added a drip system. Anyways, the drip system got loose and I lost half my res on my closet floor!! The next time I use this system I will not use a drip system. I planMy previous grows I started the plants in a regular DWC tub and transfered when the roots got large enough to reach close to the bottom of the Ebb and Gro buckets.

This is my 3rd grow with this system and I have grown some great plants. My last grow I ended up with a little over 16 ounces of bud on 4 plants. Who knows if I can achieve that again!! One of the plants had great genes and would not stop producing!!

I am going to give this system a rest after this grow and try soil next time. ;)

Today I did my res change. I tried to keep the ppm around 600 but ended at 700. I will closely monitor the plants to make sure they can handle.

Now they are starting to get thier growth spurt. This is my favorite time when growing weed. I love it when every time I go to check out my plants I see new growth!!

named.jpg

Thank You Comrade Budds!! It is always nice to know someone is looking at my journal!! These plants are getting close to topping. I will probably be doing that tomorrow. I will post the before and after pics.:tommy:

Back
Top Bottom