Vapedogg223 Goes True High Brix

You flipped the light three days ago? Its hard to tell exacfly what the time frames are like. The plants look good!

I flipped them 12 days earlier...3 days since they started flowering.

Here they are when I flipped them to 12/12...

DP_Blueberry_Flip_01.jpg

This was actually the night before I flipped them...I wish I could white balance this well! :)

DP_Blueberry_6th_Update_11.jpg

And 12 days later...

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_01.jpg

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_10.jpg

:thumb:

Hey everyone! I've been pretty busy around here, but I really needed to post an update! It's been 12 days...and these girls are completely off the hook! I had to pull out the tray in order to lower, and spread them out a bit...

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_01.jpg

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_02.jpg

I honestly thought they would stay smaller...topping them twice...but with the High Brix soil in these large pots, the growth has been ridiculous! I can't say Doc didn't warn me!

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_03.jpg

They are about 3 days into bloom...

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_04.jpg

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_05.jpg

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_06.jpg

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_07.jpg

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_08.jpg

Just crazy! And the healthiest plants I've grown to date! :thumb:

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_09.jpg

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_10.jpg

:thanks: for stopping by!

:Namaste:

Looks pretty standard to me. Now you know why I get so excited about all this! Wait till the next version of the kit comes out....

In the meantime, be very careful you don't run out of energy! Have you done the re-charge yet?

Looking great Vape!!!!
Yep. Great!!!

Looks pretty standard to me. Now you know why I get so excited about all this! Wait till the next version of the kit comes out....

In the meantime, be very careful you don't run out of energy! Have you done the re-charge yet?

Yep. Great!!!

Yup, the Re-Charge is on them, and I'll be giving them a feeding of Energy when the lights come on...but I think I'm confusing myself...unlike the root-drench I did, they'll get a much smaller amount of the Energy/Tea mixture for the feedings every third watering, right? If I read the instructions correctly, I should be dividing about two gallons of the Energy mix between my 9 plants. I'm also trying to gauge how much I have left... I'd rather not do anything wrong at this stage!

Doc, I thought I read somewhere where you had made some recommendations about not pruning...or am I confusing that with defoliation...when running a High Brix grow. I might not have looked back far enough, but I couldn't find anything. I haven't touched these since topping them. Do you recommend any pruning?

:thanks: brother!

Just beautiful Vapedogg223!

By the way when The Doc warns you, pay attention! The are growing like crazy!:Namaste::high-five::bravo:

Watching your girls has got to make you feel better!:bravo:

That's why I'm jumping on it...Doc is like a friggin' "Bud Whisperer"!

:thanks: brother...I've been feeling much better lately! I hope you're doing well...I'm about 8 pages behind your journal, but I'll get caught up!

:Namaste:

Yup, the Re-Charge is on them, and I'll be giving them a feeding of Energy when the lights come on...but I think I'm confusing myself...unlike the root-drench I did, they'll get a much smaller amount of the Energy/Tea mixture for the feedings every third watering, right? If I read the instructions correctly, I should be dividing about two gallons of the Energy mix between my 9 plants. I'm also trying to gauge how much I have left... I'd rather not do anything wrong at this stage!

Doc, I thought I read somewhere where you had made some recommendations about not pruning...or am I confusing that with defoliation...when running a High Brix grow. I might not have looked back far enough, but I couldn't find anything. I haven't touched these since topping them. Do you recommend any pruning?

:thanks: brother!

You should have enough Energy, bro. Just don't let 'em go flat at this point. They'll recover, of course, but so much better if they stay nice and tight.

I would definitely prune from the bottom up. At this point in bloom do NOT cut off a top unless you take the whole branch, and definitely leave the highest 3 or 4 tops intact.... Depending on the strain, starting at the bottom, I take lower branches off, leaving anywhere from 4 to 10 tops, depending on how veg went.

On each of the branches I decide are going to stay on the plant and flower, prune from the bottom up of each of these branches and leave the top 3, 4, or 5 nodes, depending on the strain.

Lumpy, golf ball sized buds like on OG, I'll leave the top 3 nodes intact, fan leaves and all.
On something like Jack Herer, that grows arm sized colas, I might leave 4 or 5 nodes.

If you've never tried it before, leave the top 5. If you already have a pruning routine, feel free to use it!

I tried the defoliation method a cycle or two ago, where you remove all the fan leaves except at the apex a couple times in veg, then at day 21? in bloom, and from thereafter, supercropping as you go. The guys doing this get huge yields, and indeed I got an additional ounce of bud off those defoliated plants, compared to their identical clones in identical soil, under the same lights and feeding. Defoliation increased yield SIGNIFICANTLY.

However, brix was very low and these plants were the only two to have mite damage. I couldn't break 10 brix on those bitches, but was hitting 15, even 17 once on the other plants.

Conclusion: foliar feeding requires foliage.

There may be a place for defoliation applied in certain ways to manage the canopy....but the extreme practice is not condusive to High Brix growing. I think it might be ideal for hydro, however.

Not surprisingly, things are looking very good Vape - and you sure keep a nice journal. Definitely lurking with interest and enjoying it thoroughly. :thumb:

Speaking of Doc, thanks for sharing your knowledge, tips, tricks and observations regarding defoliating and cleaning up the lower nodes, Doc. Great stuff!

Hey everyone,

So, I was away from the garden for a day. After I got home today, and the lights came on...I'm in taking a look at the girls, and as it turns out, they aren't girls! :whoa:

I'm sure you can imagine both my "surprise" and my disappointment at finding nanners on all the plants. In fairness the moms were several years old, and a strain I never got around to flowering...so who knows why it happened... The real question is what do I do now?

No worries though...I'm pretty baked...and it's all good! :allgood:

Hey everyone,

So, I was away from the garden for a day. After I got home today, and the lights came on...I'm in taking a look at the girls, and as it turns out, they aren't girls! :whoa:

I'm sure you can imagine both my "surprise" and my disappointment at finding nanners on all the plants. In fairness the moms were several years old, and a strain I never got around to flowering...so who knows why it happened... The real question is what do I do now?

No worries though...I'm pretty baked...and it's all good! :allgood:

Soory bro, one thing you can do is this; you said they were all mothers, just never flowered out, If you don't mind a few seeds you can just go ahead and flower em out, if they're herms, which sounds to be the case, you will still get a harvest, and some fem seeds. That's alot of time and energy invested.

Back
Top Bottom