Vapin's Indoor MH/HPS Organic Grow Journal - 2011

Vapin

This is my first grow, so bare with me. :D

Strains and percentages:
So far 3 strains are involved in this project. The names are names I have chosen, as the true names have been lost. 12 of the seeds were from one bud, "the only bud I got of the strain that had any seeds, and I purchased about 3 oz accumulatively" The other 2 seeds were saved up from smoking 60 an 8th topshelf and coming across them.
12 of the plants are the same strain, lets call them Fuzzy Dragon.
The Fat one is its own strain, and shall be named Skunk Button.
And the 3rd strain was a seed from my friend Turk, so Turks Nug it is.
Fuzzy Dragon appears to be Sativa dominant, judging by the thin leaves.
I am pretty sure Skunk Button is high Indica, judging by the stockiness and the fat leaves.
Turks Nug is a hybrid.
Percentages are unknown, but surely above 15%. Seeds were saved from topshelf that knocked me on my ass.

Current life cycle:
Seeds were planted 10-11-11 and are about 20 days into veg in the videos.

Indoor or Outdoor, Type of Soil Used, any nutrients added:
The plants are growing indoor, with Dr. Earth's Organic Soil, no added nutrients added, just perlite, and styrofoam in the bottom of the pots for drainage.

Soil PH Levels:
I have no idea what the PH levels of the soil are.

Light(s) and light hours:
400 watt MH, set to 20 hours of light, with a HPS bulb to switch to when plants start to flower.
I plan on cutting the light down when I am able to sex the plants, after pulling any males of course.

Air circulation:
Boxfan blowing on the plants, low setting from 3 feet away.

Temperature:
stays in the 70s

Size of room:
Room is a circle and if I were to guess I would say it is 9 feet or so across.

Pests:
No Pests yet.

Watering times and methods:
I stick my finger as far as it will go into the soil, if I can't feel moisture, I water them. This usually takes place once every day or every other day. I use normal tap water that has sat open to air for a day.

Notes:
Transplanting the plants in the cups ASAP. I got these big plastic buckets for kitty litter, hopefully poke some holes in the bottom and I have new pots. Going to go buy some more Dr. Earths and take them to my experienced grower buddy. He said he will add his mixture to the soil for me. I remember him mentioning bat guno, worm castings, bone meal, blood meal, epsom salt, and lime. I am sure there is more, and I will get the full details when I get the soil made.

Looking for suggestions and constructive criticism.

plantsj.png

Turks nug looks like a winner

Yeah, Turk was actually planted on the 18th, not the 11th like the rest of the plants and its already catching up. I do remember the strain very well. It produced very dense nugget like buds. I hope it does that for me, hard to tell as the product I had was from a hydro setup.

many is it your growing? when you planning on throwin them into flower?

im using a 400w hps for both veg and flower doesnt seem to be doing to bad, only got 4 plants under it

many is it your growing? when you planning on throwin them into flower?

im using a 400w hps for both veg and flower doesn't seem to be doing to bad, only got 4 plants under it

I plan on switching to 12-12 whenever I can sex the plants. So far there are no nuts or legs.

And right now there are 14 plants.

nice, i started flowering at 14 inches tall just over a week ago and one of my plants is well ovaer 3 ft tall the other 3 are just over 2 ft, vegged em for 30 days

Journal Update:

Went out today and purchased some Dr. Earth Organic Home Grown Potting Soil. Transplanted the plants into the containers I spoke of. It was a pain in the ass cutting holes in the bottom and bottom of the sides of the containers.

Dr. Earth Home Grown Premium Soil, and Dr. Earth's Pot of gold *only difference is the pot of gold doesn't have the awesome ingredients Home Grown does.
Ingredients: fir bark fines, forest humus, peat moss, perlite, worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal and concentrated seaweed extract.
I added extra perlite, and filled the bottom of the containers with styrofoam.

so about 50% of the soil contains the listed ingredients as i did a 50-50 mix with the soils to stretch the Home Grown soil.

Looks like I got to them just in time.

plants2.png

plants1.png

plants3.png

Journal Update:

Day 24. Decided to experiment with reflection using paper. I plan on using paper plates when I go get some. another 400 watt should be coming in, and the pots with multiple plants will be transplanted to single pots.

Trimmed the 4 biggest leaves off the indica, and 2 off the biggest Fuzzy Dragon because they were huge and useless, and I wanted to force root growth after transplant.

plants4.png

plants5.png

plants6.png

plants7.png

plants8.png

Hey Vapin.....well the girls look great here......I see a ton of shadows and dark areas my man...you will need much more lighting if they all turn out to be fem's....I would suggest boxing the in too...even if you build a false wall for the reflective or for sidelighting....purposes.. ...you will regret not having them all in bright light....overall they are amazing...nice work..:peace:

Journal Update:

Day 27. Got my other 400 watt, so I have 400 watts of HPS and 400 watts of MH. Does it look like 800 watts will be enough? I might start nutes when they start to flower.

plants15.png

plants13.png

plants11.png

plants12.png

plants14.png

plants71.png

plants9.png

plants81.png

plants10.png

So day 27 from seed, my first grow, is everything still looking ok? suggestions? critique?

Journal Update:

Day 29. I saw some leaves curling up day 28, so to eliminate the possibility of burn, or wind burn, I moved the lights a foot higher and put cardboard on the backside of then fan. The plants stopped curling. Trimmed the lower leaves, seems to be working good on skunk button, its been shooting 4 or more new leaves for every one that I cut. 1 of my plants older growth looks like it has burn, or deficiency or some kind. Not to worried about it, its old growth and only 1 of the plants.

plants22.png

plants18.png

plants19.png

plants20.png

plants21.png

hey man nice grow! in the second to last pic (yellow leaves) it looks like ph might be an upcoming issue. have you been watch ph?

Journal Update:

Day 41. Trimmed after this picture. Had to tie Turks Nug over because the leaves are so massive, they are blocking almost ALL of the under foliage. I also leaf layered or whatever you want to call what I did to a plant in the corner not getting light to its under foliage.

DSC034213.jpg

DSC034203.jpg

DSC034221.jpg

DSC034233.jpg

Does Anyone Know why my plants are taking so long to show sex? Are my plants growing properly? I thought they might be stressed still, so I cut the light back even more but not enough to force flowering. they started at 20-4 for the first month, then I slowly moved them down to 17-7.

Back
Top Bottom