Vapir One 5.0 - Product Review

recently i've had the need to smoke some fresh buds. i talking fresh as it gets. so i loaded the vapir and set it to 350. i then let one of the bags fill. by the time the bag was full the weed was 90% dried. by doing it this way you catch any thc lost in the process of drying. i smoke the bag while the container cools down for handling. then you can continue with bags, continue vaping without the bag, or take it out and smoke it in a pipe or roll it up.

I'm on my second vapirone 5.0. Well actually I "WAS" on my second. It's sitting in a box with tons of extras for it being unused. I bought my first one for $75.00 from Vapir themselves. Great receptionist named Holland helped me out with a refurbished unit. The temp control went nuts and it started smoking the herb big times. Rolling clouds of smoke even. The bags were useless after they are smoked out too. It leaves a residue that affects the taste for ages. It was under warranty so I got a 2nd. It leaks vapor from every seam. When I asked about it at Vapir I was told it was a problem they were fully aware of and if it was too bad I should send it back (at my expense of course) so I bought a herbalaire instead. Got a demo model for $20.00 less than a brand new model from the vapor store. What a huge difference. I never realized how inefficient the vapir one 5.0 was at vaporizing cannabis until I tried the herbalaire. I was able to get 2 full bags of thick vapor from the left overs from one vapir herb disk. The LEFT OVERS!!! After I used the herb in the vapir one 5.0 I then transfered it to a herbalaire crucible and got 2 bags of left over vapor that would normally be thrown away. That alone gives me the opinion that while the vapir one 5.0 works alright...it's a weed hog compared to the herbalaire or volcano. Plus using the whip on the vapir isn't the best. You can't use it without forced air which causes one to either turn the machine off between puffs or waste bud into the air. See my review on the vaportower (coming later tonight) for info on a great whip machine.

i agree with racefan i have a vapir one V5.0 or whatever and honestly i feel like i wasted $150 b/c it just wasnt what i expected it doesnt really save me any bud it uses about the same amount as my bong and it just seem like my bong gets me higher :roorrip::roorrip::peace:

i love mine ... but it is the only vape ive ever used so i cant compare 1 vs another ... it sure does work though ... and as for material consuption, it has remained pretty much the same as when i was bowlin

i havent noticed using any less. but i have noticed the effects of vapor
AWESOME

Well, here is my update since starting this thread... I still like the Vapir! I have noticed some leakage, but if I keep it clean (by using swabs and alcohol), it seems to be fine. The vapor leaves a clear sticky residue and after awhile I have noticed the tray becomes hard to put in or out. I also clean the steel capsules by soaking them in a shot glass of alcohol. I am impressed also with the effect and the vapor is easier on my lungs. My only real complaint is that it is a bit noisy...

Cleaning: oh yes the clear sticky residue
i just fill my bags with very hot water and flush a few times
seems to help some but never gets totally clean so...
i will blow air into the bag then hold my thumb over the tube while pressing down on the bag to get it to unstick ... then i will gently push MOST of the air out of the bag but leaving enough so it fills up with minimal effort/sometimes having to pull the bad at each end so it can fully inflate

as far as cleaning the disk and disk cassette ... call me crazy but i have used acetone free finger nail polish remover for years on my pipes and now on my vape ... it just melts away the tar with ease and wipes off ur hands

a word of caution though: finger nail polish remover is a paint remover and WILL disolve any paint off of ur pipes (had a 1 hitter that looked like a cigarette, now it looks like a shinny silver tube);)

1 more thing i do is wrap a piece of electrical tape around the middle of the tube a couple times before i slide it in the bag and use it to get very good seal ... tube will fit tight into hole and wont twist :rollit:

I could handle the leakage if it came from the bags. But my vapirs have leaked from every seam there is. I tried wrapping the whole damn thing with tape to seal it but all I got was a ugly taped up ball of crap that still leaked.lol
My vapir is still sitting in a box in the closet. Not sure what to do with it and all the accessories I bought. I have like 15 herb disks and 10 mouth pieces and I even got the h2o kit for it. After using a vaportower whip vape and the herbalaire I just can't force myself back to the vapir. Guess I could save it for a emergency back up for the emergency back up. (not a typo. yes I already have 1 emergency back up vape) Speaking of vaping..time for a puff. thanks for the reminder.lol

Back
Top Bottom