Vapor Preference

+1 for the Volcano....I have a Volcano, a SSV, and an Iolite - I prefer the Volcano for vapor quality and the Iolite for travel. The SSV is a good vape too - just doesn't produce the same thick vapor the Volcano does.

Just my opinion...

:peace: and :Namaste:

Extreme Q because it has bags, a whip and can be hooked up to my giant bong. Awesome. Plus the remote control is a great gimmicky feature that's fun. I start at 170C and work up to 180C before cashing it out. It seems like people are using higher temps than that though.

I am vape-exhausted as I think I've burnt through every portable and a few non-portables in just the last nine months. Here is a summary:

I still own the Vapir One, and I love everything about it except it's not portable and it is **noisy**. It's otherwise flawless. I am using it now until my new vaporizers arrive:

iVapor, Extreme Q

Why new vaporizers?

The Atmos I just ordered was DOA--being returned for refund.
My Davinci died a few days ago--less than two months old. Replacement not likely.
Both of my MFLBs were underwhelming, and I have a lot of batteries that I've tried to breathe life into it.
NO2, like the Davinci, fantastic until it died. The Davinci lasted five times longer than the NO2.
Vapor Brothers? I didn't take to it and gave it to a friend.
Click-n-vape? Sucked.
Iolite? Fair but problematic--like the cap coming off frequently dumping herb. It lasted maybe four months.
Arizer Solo? Eh, but died within the two week return window.

So, the iVapor is absolutely my last PORTABLE for a long time. The A/C powered Vapir One has been a super clean, solid performer. My experience is the battery based vaporizers are great but die quickly. I ordered the other A/C powered Extreme Q for the other side of the house. When the last portable dies, I shouldn't have too far to travel to get treatment.

On the Vapir One, I get the best results by filling the disks/drives half full, slow fan and HANGING freely, upside down.

It sounds like a hair dryer, so mine is looped around a hand-towel ring and hiding now behind the hand towel. Flip it upside right to remove the disk/drive while hot.

UPDATE
PLUG-INS
Extreme Q, Hands down, my favorite. If it could only fill the bags vertically, it would be perfect. Flawless and low maintenance. Cleaning glass elbow is a pain.
Vapir One still, but for the noise, flawless and low maintenance. I haven't had to clean it yet.
Viva la Vape, I got this because I thought my Extreme Q would need to be RMA'd for repair. The 'Q' was fine. The Viva is cute in a low tech, inaccurate, best cook
the medicine for 10 minutes and is that smoke? sort of way. I like the removable chamber and it is much quieter than the Vapir.

PORTABLES
Davinci is my favorite. Company has slow but AWESOME service. It goes through screens quickly, gets hot.
iVapor, keep at lowest temp setting. It goes through screens quickly. Changing out the screens is best done with a woman's fingers.
Puffit, PASS.
MFLB, PASS
A couple of the pen type vapes, PASS.

Love my SSV. Always on,..Always ready.
I thought about the Volcano, but I didn't want the motor noise as I am up all night while rest of the house is sleeping. :;):

Volcano is a bit too much money. 600$? OK Try the Extreme Q by Arizer for ~ 200$, Same exact bag system (only real difference difference is a glass mouth peice vs. plastic one on the volcano that cups the mouth)

Extreme Q has a remote control wireless receiver, timers, variable vape system ( bag or whip). The heating element is quality, and is under a 3 year warranty. It really is a fine product for a fine price, and it has paid for itself in my situation.

Vaporizing is the best alternative towards combustion, I don't see why people combust anymore, it's 2012! BTW Great story by an early poster in here about his friend with cancer, I was amazed. Absolutely.

My personal preference is to use the whip - because I don't like to feel obligated to inhale a full bag-full, or feel like I'm wasting anything..

Anyhow, I personally can't cough up 600$ for a vaporizer, so I paid 200$ and could not be any damn happier! As well as the other 40 people who gave it 5/5 stars!!

Happy Vaporizing all! :volcano-smiley:

Might be the same bag, however not the same parts inside. Smaller units have cheaper plastic parts that heat up and give plastic burn off. Volcano is the only vaporizer manufacturer who provides scientific data sheets on what comes out of theirs. Hope this helps.

Could you link me to their scientific data sheets? :thanks: Also, the chemical burn off is vaporized prior to using the unit. By heating it up and letting it sit. Any pre-packaged chemicals will evaporate. This is the same thing with any pre-packaged product made by a factory.

The difference in vapor quality is not worth 400$ to me, since the vapor quality is exactly the same.

The only thing to question is how long the unit will last... for 600$ the Volcano should last through the apocalypse.
But my Arizer is going strong, so until it breaks down I'll be riding that wave.

:Namaste: :surf:

I know I would LOVE the Volcano and if I hadn't wasted so much money on the Phototron, I could have purchased three of those Volcanos. In the meantime, I'll limp along with my Arizer Extreme Q--an awesome reliable Vaporizer.

I am staying away from portables henceforth. Once my DaVinci and iVapor die, that's it for me--short of portable vape revolution.

For an even cheaper solution, you might want to check out the Viva la Vape Guerilla. Good, once you dial in how to use it.

Oh, I've wasted over the years a lot more than this... But I will make it pay off. Assuming on a one ounce yield from my current flowers, I'll just need four more ounces yielded from her to pay for herself. Maybe a year.

Money I have wasted on the portable vaporizers I will never get back.

UPDATE

Viva la Vape for the downstairs, Extreme Q up. No duh, but it must be noted...they perform better when cleaner.

Vapir One is a fantastic go-to while others are cleaned. I have yet to clean anything on it.

Davinci? Dead.

iVapor? Rarely used, requires frequent cleaning.

Update

Guerilla Vape functions but the herbal chamber needs replacing. I can find no parts for this thing so its mothballed. Vapir One still works fjne, but leaks a bit. Extreme Q still rocks.

I picked up a Volcano clone called the Phantom. The bag situation sucks. I have made my own bag out of turkey bags and duct tape. Seriously. Leaking is a huge problem. The herbal chamber barely stays stable at the top, and if you cook the herb a bit like I do on the Extreme Q and Guerilla, the material will burn. So, this vape is good for medicine once dialed in...but I can't say its better than the Extreme Q. Also, the easy valve system is a pain if one has clumsy fingers, or compromised hands due to weakness, or illness.

What I do...

Turn it on, dial it back (not forward) to 360.
Fill herb chamber, place valve and bag on top, leaning bag against office cabinet.
Wait a couple of minutes then then flip on air pump. When bag is half full, turn off fan...pull easy valve off leaving herb chamber. Inhale delicious minty stuff.
Return easy valve and bage to Phantom's volvano top and then vape on.
Turn off and remove herb chamber.

On the homemade bag, I fold in the sides, like the second step in making a paper airplane, with the nose cone broad enough to fit over easy valve. Apply duct tape. Insert easy valve and O-ring. Yake plastic zip tie and wrap over O-ring tightly. Cut excess. Put in small amount of material and test for links before titration.

I would say the Phantom was worth the $140 or so, because like any forced air vaporizer...there is a learning curve but it works. The nice thing about this new toy, is it reminded me how delicious the vapor flavor is when the temp is lower.

UPDATE

I have gone through a lot of bags, but I think I have it dialed in. Use the Phantom, not turkey bags, BUT duct tape the cheap edges. You will know them when you see them. I duct taped the collar too, applied the O ring, zip tie and she's "toight".

UPDATE

Ordered the Ploom because I thought my iVapor had failed--it hadn't. I will send the Ploom back, because I found my DaVinci was taking a charge again. Just don't need it.

My duct tape mod of the Phantom bags is still working great. I have a glass straw from another vaporizer that I prefer over the spring loaded mouthpiece. If I need to set the bag/balloon down, I just pull out the straw.

Tried the MFLB again, it still underwhelms. I'm charging the Puffit again, as a HOT standby.

Back
Top Bottom