Vapor Product Health Concerns

Svet

Great forum here folks!

I am researching vaporizers and have some concerns about negative effects on health they might have. Clearly, vapor is better than smoke. What I am concerned about is the materials used to make the machines.

The Volcano is aluminum, right? Well, due to concerns that aluminum possibly short-circuits peoples brains in later years, one has to wonder.

Ceramic sounds good for example, and I see the Vapor Brothers claim to have "the only vaporizer to use a 100% ceramic" element. Another shop told me to beware their Taiwanese parts. So, does one manufacturer have "good" ceramic while others do not? How can one discern if the Vaportower, the Easyvape, Vaporbrothers and others are actually cleaner than the other?

Took a look at a local shop and found the VaporGenie; looked ok but worth more like $25 than the $60 they wanted. Also, if one is sucking on a lighter, you are not just getting good vapor, you are getting butane fumes. And holding them in.

Looked into the pricey heat guns and noticed on Amazon they come with the "cancer causing" warning! They may be great for dialing in that perfect temp, but they are not thinking human consumption when they weld those pups together!

Isn't sucking smoke through a plastic tube kinda counter-intuitive? Glass makes sense. Any of these units just glass and ceramic? Or must we encounter metal and plastic?

Seems every manufacturer is ready to slam the other. So, who to trust? Who really knows and tests their products for metal fumes, glues, machine oils, plastics, other out-gassing nasty crapola that none of us want to ingest?

Maybe the answer is burning off the oils and whatever else is integral to industrial manufacturing of vaporizers at high temp before toking. I don't know.

But I am anxious to hear what you veterans of the vapor think about this!

Thanks again for a mindful forum here!

I had a $500 something, I now forget, and the glass parts were always breaking and was never really happy with it, as it also made some noise.
So I have had a Herbalair for about 3 years. The stainless steel will not give off vapors at the temp used (350-375), it is silent, as vapor is not hot when it comes out of my slightly extended whip, it isn't getting many,if any, bi-products from whip. I have heard no one that uses bags complain about getting bi products from plastic bags. Also, it runs with 60 watt, which makes it easy to use in a car or truck with a $20 inverter for the lighter plug. Personnaly, I would not waste my time with a vap that needed to have flame from a lighter. I would just go back to my hammer(again with an extension for cooling)

I love both of my VaporGenies and have always been under the impression that butane combusts into carbon dioxide and water, unless the flame flickers, in which case it can produces soot and sometimes carbon monoxide. For this reason, I use a torch lighter that does not produce soot or carbon monoxide, and when I have to use a candle lighter I use it in a place with no wind so the flame can be perfectly still. I can't say whether or not there are actually any harmful fumes coming from the butane lighter, but I just have to trust what I've heard from many different places on the internet (with google searches).

When we picked up our Vapor Brothers unit, the lady in the store told us it runs cleaner then some of the imported, or lower costing models. Of course she was "selling" the vaporizer. She said of the lower cost model, that before you can use it for the 1st time "you would have to let it run for at least a half hour to get rid of any harmful fumes from the manufacturing". The Vapor Bros was good to use right away.

So... who knows? We like our Vapor Brothers.

I picked up a Volcano a couple days ago and tried it for the first time yesterday. The build quality is what sold me - food grade materials (only the heater block is aluminum - case is stainless).

The verdict is still out - the high was plenty strong, but having been a LONG time toker, I wasn't as satisfied with the taste. Also wasn't as comfortable with the bag system and had a lot of uncertainties about vapor density/how much in a bowl/how many bags per bowl/etc. I ended up rolling a joint and finishing the day with my trusty bong :bong: I'll continue trying the 'cano to see if I can get used to it - or Craigslist :grinjoint:

As an interesting side note, my wife and daughter both commented that they did not care for the smell of the vapor compared to the tell tale aroma of marijuana smoke. Plus you end up with the post vape ("Volcano poo") material that I need to consider when checking my supply to stay below the 215/420 restrictions. And what the hell do ya do with this crap? I'm thinking of "sprinkling" it out in the yard (I live on 5 acres).....

YMMV

You should smoke it or give it away - it will still get you high, there are a lot of cannabinoids and some THC left in there

You should smoke it or give it away - it will still get you high, there are a lot of cannabinoids and some THC left in there

Tried smoking it - YUK!!! Plus if I'm going to smoke the post vape "poo," there goes any health benefit to using the vape to begin with. Also, that is one of the other "pros" to using a vape - no ash mesh in my home office where I medicate.

Now, considering I am a professional (not your typical chronic toker "mac-job") in my 40's and most of the other people I know that smoke are also 215/420 patients with easy access to lots of great bud, who would even want this stuff?

Just the random thoughts of a LONG time smoker and now new vape owner.

I don't smoke mine either because I don't like smoke either :p but Ms. chump stain has a great idea ^.^ Definitely worth saving it to cook with, or make "Amber Dragon" tincture

I fing that my vaporizer makes me cough a LOT more than the pipe or bong. Also, I have been vaping at a higher temp than what you folks list here; up near 500. Could this be the reason for the harshness? I have the box-looking one with the whip.

I have finally "honed in" on what is working for me...about 385 on my volcano. However I'm still not really liking the bag setup...any recommendations on a whip style vape....maybe the Herbal Air or the Tower or SSV or DaBuddah?

I use the one that is made of wood and uses a a whip. Here is an example:

VaporBrothershandsfree.jpg

Back
Top Bottom