Vaporizer: Should I or shouldn't I? Which one?

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this question. I have been looking at vaporizers for a while. With a little one (5 year old) and a couple older ones, it can be a chore to have to prep buds, grind, pack, and then fire up a bowl. And frankly, it seems like lighting a fire to the buds is super destructive and you lose a lot by doing that. I have small cartridge pens but I would still like to enjoy some fresh flower. I would really like to hear from folks that have tried it and if they enjoy using devices like the Pax 3 or the newer Lynx Eden? Is there a place here to read reviews on various devices and get a real feel about how people like them. It is hard to gauge device reviews online/YouTube.

How about the actual vape experience? Is if enjoyable and worth the money? Thanks for your help.

For a desktop vaporizer the Arizer Extreme Q is IMO the best one for the money.
I think its usually around $150 I got mine on a black friday sale for $129.

For a portable pocket size the Firefly 2+ is pretty darn good.
Its $250 and might be able to find on sale cheaper once in awhile.
The Firefly you can pack a bowl put in your pocket to walk the dog, take it out while walking and with one hand take a hit and put it back in your pocket all in under 15 seconds.

Hey,
Yes. My wife and I have two Pax vapes. I have a Pax 2, and my wife has the Pax 3. We tried a couple before getting our first Pax and I must say they are really good. Great warranty as well. I enjoy the flavours you get from them that you just can't get any other way. Also it's much healthier. I like smoking my bong for a more powerful hit but after using it for a couple days I start coughing and getting wheezy. After a day or two of using the vape it clears up and goes away.
I highly suggest a good vaporizer for anyone.

I’ve tried a lot of them and my favorite is the Arizer Air (or slightly larger Solo). It’s only issue is also it’s best benifit; the glass tubes, which make it less portable than the Pax for instance. If you just want something for around the house the Air can’t be beat for flavor and ease of use IMO.

With kids vaping over burning is a great choice no more having to hide the smells too.

:passitleft:

Thanks for the replies. I should have made my post clearer. Don't want a desktop. Definitely need a portable device. I was looking at the Pax 3 but it's a few years old. They haven't been able to make a better design by now? Or is it that it is just that good of a device? I have seen some reviews about the Firefly 2+ and Pax 3 that it can be a little clunky with having to load it. Thoughts? I was hoping someone could shine some light on that newer Lynx Eden. It looks like a good unit...but WAY cheaper than the two I just mentioned. I haven't looked into the Arizer devices TBH. I'll check them out too.

Another thing I was wondering is if people like the option of being able to vape wax in some of the devices. I have never tried wax or other concentrates. Seems like an easy way to experience it though. But would it be a messy clean up process? Check out the Arizer Air. Nice looking device for sure @DrDoob

Another thing I was wondering is if people like the option of being able to vape wax in some of the devices. I have never tried wax or other concentrates. Seems like an easy way to experience it though. But would it be a messy clean up process? Check out the Arizer Air. Nice looking device for sure @DrDoob
A lot of them come with a little wax/rosin oven or container to make it less of a mess. With the Arizer I sandwich a little rosin between some ground herbs and it doesn’t make much mess.

:passitleft:

Thanks everyone for your help. I went to the local shop and checked out quite a few that were mentioned here. After about an hour of indecisive chit chat, I decided on the Pax3. My wife had seen one the night before and really liked it. The warranty is a huge plus IMO. There are a lot of bad reviews about the app though. I have not yet experienced any issues with it and find it very easy to use with some cool features. What I am sure I'll figure out in time, is knowing when the flower is completely vaped and ready to be changed out.

Also, the salesman was very helpful with all the models they carried, including the cheaper ones in the $50-75 range. Many were good but a few, I definitely was not impressed with them. Just warming them up, the plastics would get noticeably warm and have a faint plasticky smell.

One that seemed very decent was the LVSmoke Flash. Very impressive device for under $100. I may end up getting one just to have a backup or to keep one handy in case my wife ends up with the Pax fulltime. :laughtwo:

:) I am contractually obliged to post:

When you buy your next one, please check our Our Sponsors. There are a bunch of good vape outlets supporting us, many offering discounts to 420 Magazine members.

:) I am contractually obliged to post:

When you buy your next one, please check our Our Sponsors. There are a bunch of good vape outlets supporting us, many offering discounts to 420 Magazine members.

Thanks for the heads up. I looked at the sponsor links yesterday but not specifically for vape devices. I must have missed seeing a discount code though. If I saw one, I may have waited and ordered it. Ultimately, I decided on supporting a local shop which matched all online prices anyway.

Back
Top Bottom