Vaporizer/Storage question.

merickson

I have more herb than I can smoke at the moment. So, I'm going to put some in long term (3 months) storage.

I have canning jars. My plan is to heat the jars (and the enclosed air), put the bud inside and when it all cools, the resulting pressure difference will seal the jar tight. Just like canning food.

However, if I boil the jars (like food canning) I'm worried that the weed will get too hot (as if being vaporizor-ed) and end up no good.

So, what is the minimum temp that a vaporisor must be in order to be effective. (I must keep my bud below that temp until consumption)

Or any other suggestions?

thanks

I've heard that the ice crystals decrease the quality of the smoke.
My thinking is that a sealed container (canning jar) at room temp will keep things better than freezing.
Heating the jar to improve the seal sounds more and more like a bad idea, but I recall Ranger raging against freezing weed.

if it is properly vacuum sealed, then freezing should not cause any issues. i met someone the other day who puts his stuff into tupperware, and then vacuum seals over the tupperware, as to not crushing his prescious buds. I'm not sure about that method, unless you're vacuum sealing the actual tupperware. i know that "Foodsaver" brand makes containers that can be sealed with their devices.

Back
Top Bottom