Various stages of LED lighting

sealerguy

ed lamp
I'm looking for some help with LED lights. I'm a new grower from Massachusetts who recently purchased bridgeable LED grow lights. I noticed a majority of the lights are pink but there are a few blue as well as red lights and didn't know what the different colors work for. There is also a variable dimming switch on the top to control the light and saw that some people use it to simulate cloudy days where other people use it to run very low light 24 hours as opposed to 12 on 12 off. I am very interested if someone could help explain this to me I apologize for my ignorance please be kind

New grower from Massachusetts with LED lights, huh? I had to double check and make sure this wasn't one of my own posts I was replying to. : )

I don't have pink lights or a dimmer. Mine are just red, white and blue. I forget exactly what I read about this, but the red lights have something to do with the color spectrum of the sun in late summer/early fall when outdoor cannabis would be flowering. What I read is use only white and blue lights during veg and then add the red when you switch to 12/12. I did exactly that (with a 24/0 light cycle throughout veg). Mine are now 3 weeks into flowering and they look beautiful. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom