Veg, Clone, Flower, Force Pollen With Colloidal Silver, Pollinate Mother For Feminized Seeds

I think this is the last post for me in this journal unless others reply.

Six weeks from pollination and I decided to bring in the seeds. After cutting the small colas off I wanted to see just how big the main root structure was in the fabric pot so I spilled it out and knocked all the dirt off. The dirt I knocked off was filled with small roots as well, so the plant really did fill the 10 gallon pot. Image below shows the extend of the main branches, got pretty big.

Looking through the colas was a fun adventure that got old fast. :D Thinking about it afterward I should have hung them up to dry, it would have made it a lot easier getting the seeds out. :)

Something I learned about breeding is it's deceiving how many seeds there are. When first looking at the colas I thought it was a bust as I really didn't see many, but once you get into it, they start showing themselves.

Once all the viable seeds were taken out and rechecked I got a total of 356 seeds. Weeee, for me that is a ton. Right now they are in a small bag with oven dried rice in a cool dark place. In a couple of weeks I'll remove the rice and place them in the fridge with the rest of my seeds that I have purchased. I have a blueberry CBD and a strawberry CBD I'll be growing next and documenting in a journal. Hope to have that going before the end of the month!

In the end, I have 102 of a cross between a Harlequin CBD 18:1 and the i49 20:1 CBD. Will be interesting to see what they look like. Then 254 of the i49 20:1 CBD inbred. Theoretically, all feminized. I have a brother in law I can share them with but none of my other friends are into cannabis - it's a shame. :/

Great journey with taking this on with my first grow of four plants. If it wasn't for this forum and all the great instructions in various threads I probably would not have undertaken such a project.

Love learning. Peace!

Very interesting read King!!! Sounds like something I should try. I had moved some male or hermies waaaay back in the bush to use for pollen and the tricky little buggers turned back - hardly any pollen that I could catch - not sure yet if I got anything pregnant or not - we'll see in a couple of weeks I guess!!!
Actually, I didn't get everything moved quick enough as I am finding the odd seed in my non descript gals but I haveb't started to harvest the "good" plants yet - so that will be the proof.

I remember how you said..

(I might also pollinate a couple flower spots on the Harlequin for shits and giggles.)

...and it sure looked like a lot of fun!
Nice haul :welldone:
Congratulations! Looks like you’re all set for a bit.

I have a blueberry CBD and a strawberry CBD I'll be growing next and documenting in a journal. Hope to have that going before the end of the month!

That sounds cool. I’ve been amazed at how useful it is to have a couple of CBD strains going. I’d be keen to follow along your next one and see how it turns out for you.
I’ve been making concentrates for cannameds. How do you use yours?

Thanks. It’s cool to have a lot of seeds. Lol.

I’ve been making concentrates for cannameds. How do you use yours?

I make oil mostly and vape the flower as well. Going to try making some CBD cream this time now that I have a lot of flower from the harvest. Could never bring myself to make a topical when I had to buy the flower. :)

Growing your own opens up more ways you can use the plant.

Very interesting read King!!! Sounds like something I should try. I had moved some male or hermies waaaay back in the bush to use for pollen and the tricky little buggers turned back - hardly any pollen that I could catch - not sure yet if I got anything pregnant or not - we'll see in a couple of weeks I guess!!!
Actually, I didn't get everything moved quick enough as I am finding the odd seed in my non descript gals but I haveb't started to harvest the "good" plants yet - so that will be the proof.
You may very well find more seeds than you think. I was kinda amazed.

I was kinda amazed.
I know - I thought I had been darn careful - If I wasn't sue about nanners or any sign of anything weird - they got banished back to the beaver pond!!
I'm actually hoping for a few seeds off the good plants - soon I hope!!

I currently have a 20:1 CBD hybrid growing outdoors and happened to come across an article on creating feminized seeds with colloidal silver. Well, now I have to try it. :)

The strain is a real hodge podge consisting of " AC/DC Clone X Columbian X Thai X Swiss X Nepalese Landrace X (Some sour diesel) ". I got it off an online seedbank, not a sponsor, in a pack of 5 feminized seeds. I currently have two of these growing along with one high CBD Harlequin strain from the same seed bank. That gives me room to grow one more - Canada recreation law.

The main reason I want to try this is two fold - experience and seeds. New to all this and blown away with how expensive seeds are. Damn!!

I'll be making my own colloidal silver as well, which I will document in following posts. There are posts on this forum on how to make your own rig for creating colloidal silver if your interested in it before I get to it. -> Making Colloidal Silver

I am making my own as there isn't really anything that good on amazon.ca and it is stupid easy to do so.

The process for this journal will be.
1. Take a cutting off the mother that is outside in soil and won't be getting pushed to flower until mid August. - DONE
2. Root clone inside - IN PROCESS
3. Plant clone into soil, place in grow tent and only veg until it has recuperated the transplant and is well rooted.
4. Make colloidal silver
5. Throw clone into flow and start spraying nodes with colloidal silver
6. Watch clone start to grow pollen sacks (No idea how long this takes)
7. Let pollen sacks mature (No idea how long this takes)
8. Collect and dry pollen
9. Dispose of plant and clean tent extra, extra well. LOL
10. Use pollen to pollinate mother outdoors on selective flowering areas. This will be a delicate process. :) (I might also pollinate a couple flower spots on the Harlequin for shits and giggles.)
11. Harvest seeds when available and harvest bud when ready
12. Store seeds and cure bud!

Sound like a plan? :D

Follow along for either my success or failure on this one. I'll be looking for advice along the way I am sure. It is my first journal and only my first grow; fourth plant to be exact. Will be interesting. LOL

No pictures for this post. I will start to add the photos either tomorrow or this weekend.

Before I start, anything to worry about?

Weeeeeeeee :p
Sounds like you got a plan. LOL...AGREE. Seeds are expensive. Reminds me of a cartoon I saw in a magazine; Give me a joint--I'll smoke it with you. Give me a seed--I'm your friend for LIFE!!!

You did OUTSTANDING!!!! Your illustrations and info. was great. Cringed when you started talking about the rain and bud rot...
Thanks!!!

The bud rot was disappointing but learned so much. Got a shit ton of seeds and more weed than I need so I’m happy. It’s just not ‘high end’ but does it’s job well. Lol

You may very well find more seeds than you think.
I was lucky enough to get some seeds from the good plants - they were pollinated from scruffy stuff so....but my neighbour had brought me some, I kind of call it larfy, but it was from some good stock and "BONUS" I found some seeds so started looking in earnest and ended up with about 50 - no idea why he had seeds but I'm pumped!!!

I was lucky enough to get some seeds from the good plants - they were pollinated from scruffy stuff so....but my neighbour had brought me some, I kind of call it larfy, but it was from some good stock and "BONUS" I found some seeds so started looking in earnest and ended up with about 50 - no idea why he had seeds but I'm pumped!!!
That’s awesome. I love finding seeds in different strains.

Back
Top Bottom