Veg - Flower - Back to veg - How long?

sizz0e

Well I hope this is the right place for this question. I have a Sour Grape Kush girlie that I got from MSNL. Originally I had 3, and cloned all three and put them to flower and sex them before I put the parents to flower. Two of the three were males, and one clone didn't root, so I assumed the worst, and was going to chop them. I looked closer at the one I was unsure of, and it showed it was a female. I did the flip after 10 days so the clones would show before the parents would, and I would just chop 'em when I knew their sex.

So after a couple of days, I ordered a 10 gal smart pot to transplant the female parent. She was in flower about 12-14 days more or less, and I know what I'm about to tell you would stress them TF out, but I did it anyways. I transplanted her and then supercropped her. And I know I went overboard cause I broke her skin on some of the sites. I figured she would bounce back, she's a weed.

So I moved her back to veg, and went back to week 2 of Fox farms feeding schedule for soil. My question is, how long does she take to revert back to veg?I know I should leave her there until she fully bounces back, would be the right answer.

Any help?

Thank a veteran. :Namaste:

Oh I forgot to say, she was in veg for 6 weeks in 3 gal pot before her transplant.

Missing a few details maybe or maybe it's just me - what are you trying to achieve?. Did put her back into veg because you want her to get bigger- because you lost two from your space? I wasn't sure why you put her in flowering but then took her out again. And- it sounds like you don't plan to have her back in veg for very long(?). Just curious.
Anyway- It varies. There's a good chance that she has started the flowering process and will have to go through a re-adjustment phase. You'll easily see if she is vegging normally and growing new leaves that look normal. If she does that- then fine. If she has to do a reveg thing she will probably stand still for a while at a minimum. At a maximum she will go through a whole reveg process of slow growth and putting out strange looking leaves as she reverts back into a veg plant. That takes a few weeks minimum and often about six, sometimes longer,before they're really on track and growing full speed.

I wanted her to revert back to veg so that she grows into her new pot. And also to recoup from the supercropping I done to her. She was getting a bit tall, I only have a 2x2x4 tent.

I put her to flower, because I didn't know her sex yet, and the clones I had were about 14days ahead of her into flower. She is growing new leafs but I'm not sure if they are normal, let me check and snap a few pics... one sec

420-magazine-mobile1949123383.jpg
420-magazine-mobile473835083.jpg
420-magazine-mobile295503063.jpg

Well the new leaves look totally normal. You'll know if she does a reveg thing. The fact that she's not standing still says she probably is still in veg mode.
If she's already too tall now, then you'll probably have to tie her sideways or some other form of training when she starts flowering. Super cropping can only do so much and it just slows them down slightly to save an inch or two of height. You can usually only supercrop a stem once. Sometimes twice , and it only saves you a small amount. Or you could put a scrog screen on her to tie down to.

I started to do a scrog, but the net I was using was too big, the squares were like 5-7inches by 5-7inches. So I said eh I'll let her do her thing. My mistake. Lol! I'll let her go another week in veg, then flip. But the new growth in the middle is growing tall. And when I supercropped her, it was the second time about a node or two above the first time.

Yes I should have been clearer. You can supercrop the same stem - it's just hard to do it in the same spot much more than once.
Well if she gets out of hand a scrog will save the day.

I got her back into veg, well on the 17th of Feb, and boy oh boy, shes definitely back into flower. Her white hairs, don't know the exact name of them (pistals?) are definitely showing. I will try and take a pic of her later today.

420-magazine-mobile1949123383.jpg
420-magazine-mobile473835083.jpg
420-magazine-mobile295503063.jpg

Noticed the yellowing of the new growth was an Iron Def. I rechecked the ph, as it was a bit high, 7.1. Flushed it with ph'd water. Now going to wait a couple days to see if it bounced back.

That iron def is one of the few that will revert back to normal if you improve conditions, which is always cool to see. Lower ph usually works out better than high ph.
Although I thought that soil would be more immune to that. What type of soil is it?

That iron def is one of the few that will revert back to normal if you improve conditions, which is always cool to see. Lower ph usually works out better than high ph.
Although I thought that soil would be more immune to that. What type of soil is it?
Wow I haven't updated this at all. Mostly cause every one of my kids either all had a stomach bug,or my baby having pneumonia. It is in FFOF. She's doing better now. In week 3 of flower? Might be week 4. Took 3 clones off her while she was in 12/12. The clones are acting weird, growing 3 or 1 leaf nodes. But going crazy with new growth.

420-magazine-mobile1244256905.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1875102798.jpg
420-magazine-mobile300987553.jpg

The momma plant is growing, slowly but surely. I have her 12/12 opposite of day and night due to high temps during the daylight hours. I probably should put a C02 at home kit in there. But even at night it's 80-90F in there. Right now, during my night time, her daytime, it's 81F.

I'll try and get more pics of her tomorrow.

Good people inspire you to do great things. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom