veg. state length vs. yeild

fallen

ok, so i know that there's plenty of ways to tell when to move from veg to flower stages, or just go like.. 4-5 weeks, and i know the longer you go, the bigger the plant will be when it's flowering,

but elt's say you have unlimited space, and want a huge yeild off one plant, if you let it veg alot more, say.. 2 or 3 months, when you switch to flower and go through that, then harvest, will there be alot more bud?

I'm no pro but, I would imagine If you had the lights to support it you would have more bud. I'm thinkin at least a 600w hps or 1000w to be sure :laughtwo:
I've seen pics of plants in "other" 420 style mags that were HUGE and they were still Veggin', im talkin huge this thing had to be at least 10ft high and a 7ft wide, like a huge bush. the stalk was SO fat at the base, I do believe it was done outdoors in a greenhouse though. Good luck hope this helped.:peace:

What Akornpatch is saying is key. If you grow a monster plant in veg. you need to give it very strong light in order for it to bud big. For instance, growing a tall monster plant is possible with CFL's in veg. but flower with those same lights and that plant will yeild VERY little.

ok then RooR ... i'm at a pivotal time in where i am about to purchase an MH and another HPS light for the 2 different stages ... i had my mind set on purchasing each of these at 400 watts but are you saying that if i get a 250 watt for veg and a 400 watt for flowering i'd yield more? (i do understand that there's so many other things that come into play ... just askin hypothetically)

No I'm not saying lower power is better. It's about how big you allow your plant to get before you switch the timing. You can let the plant veg under 18/6 until it's a foot tall or 10ft. tall, you are the one who decides when it is time to start flowering on 12/12. I guess am saying don't let your plant get to be a monster before you flower it if you are using a small home grow setup.

I own a 250w HPS and a 400w switchable MH/HPS. I feel that the 250w flowers one plant GREAT, but thats it. The area it covers is small compared to the 400w. This means it will supply more than enough light for 1 full grown plant 1 1/2ft.-3ft. tall, but put two of them under it and youv'e cut the light each plant is recieving by a huge margin. Also, think about a plant 5ft.-6ft. tall. A 250w would be very inadequate and even a 400w couldn't reasonably handle more than one. What size system you need is about how you want to grow and how much you can afford, thats why there is not one wattage for everyone.

In my opinion, the 400w switchable MH/HPS with the bulbs to match is the way to go.

I'm no pro but, I would imagine If you had the lights to support it you would have more bud. I'm thinkin at least a 600w hps or 1000w to be sure :laughtwo:
I've seen pics of plants in "other" 420 style mags that were HUGE and they were still Veggin', im talkin huge this thing had to be at least 10ft high and a 7ft wide, like a huge bush. the stalk was SO fat at the base, I do believe it was done outdoors in a greenhouse though. Good luck hope this helped.:peace:

i wanna grow a monster indoor plant like that, give it all the space and lights in like a 30 gallon trashcan :D

when i did my first bagseed grows.. with little research or knowledge whatsoever, i would veg for like 3 months heh.
they also got topped so much by then, each branch was about an inch thick!
easy to support some buds on those branches :D

yah lol.
fill that with about 30 gallons of coco!
and set it in a kiddy pool on some bricks or something... for easy frequent flushing.
lights everywhere with 3 month veg.
i bet it would be a crazy yield on one plant like that!:bongrip::bongrip:

make sure its a girl

Back
Top Bottom