Veg tent questions

StimpLedNoTill

Hey guys, gunna cut clones soon and was wondering what everyone is using for a light in veg tent? T5's, MH, led? I want to use my veg tent for mothers/clones/popping reg seeds. I wanted to do one long t5 in a 2x4 but I read t5's need to be super close so with mothers being tall would the smaller plants not get enough light? Am I best to get 2x t5 fixtures at diff heights? Just want to get some opinions, thanks in advance guys!

I started with t5, worked well, but the different growth height was a challenge since the light is so close

I then tried a couple cheep Blurple lights, worked better for sure

But once I tried QBs, or Quantum Boards, I've never looked back

Cooler
Better lights
Better growth

Now all my lights are QBs

Look I to them. Lights are very important, so worth the extra $$$ spent

I use a simple 150w HPS in a 2.5x2.5 veg tent. I have a mother plant, a few clones, and various vegetable in there waiting to move outside in a couple weeks. As long as the other variables (temp, humidity, nute regimen) are dialed in, the plants do perfectly fine with this small and inexpensive light. I'm running this thing 365 days a year, and I don't want my electrical bill going through the roof. So I keep it as simple as possible. If a plant needs some extra TLC when it hits the bloom tent, I have the option of switching the bloom tent to 18/6 for a few days to give her time to "beef up" so to speak.

I started with t5, worked well, but the different growth height was a challenge since the light is so close

I then tried a couple cheep Blurple lights, worked better for sure

But once I tried QBs, or Quantum Boards, I've never looked back

Cooler
Better lights
Better growth

Now all my lights are QBs

Look I to them. Lights are very important, so worth the extra $$$ spent

Thanks for the reply, I have them in my flower tent, 3k/4k/660nm. Pretty pricey for veg, you using 4k qb's? I had a feeling t5's would end up being like that.

Hi, not sure if this is where I should be posting. I'm setting up a veg cupboard in my loft. I've got a 4x2x3 ft space. I need lights to veg 5-6 plants b4 they go in the tent under a mh tsw2000. I don't want anything thats gonna run to warm. I was thinking led, then t5. How much of each is enough? Which is gonna be easier to control humidity? Any help us much appreciated! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom