Veg time

jviner69

Growing 5 plants in a 6'Lx 6'Wx 7'h tent. Plants are unknown strain but judging by the short bushy status with dark green very wide leaves I'd say it's a indica dominate strain. I'm using 2X 1000hps in XXXL enclosed hoods and 5gal containers. Feeding Green Planet hydro fuel in promix. Temp is constant 76 with 60-65RH lights on and 68light off. Plants are currently about 25"tall with about 10-12 main budding sites per plants after FIM"ing twice with all shoots approx the same height. This is my first indoor grow and I want to take advantage of ALL my space and light available. I'm in my 3rd week of veg in the tent with my lights at 75%. I don't care how long it takes but roughly how high should I let them grow before switching to 12/12? Again not sure of the strain but confident they are indica dominate. Any experienced growers out there have a good estimate on what height to switch at? Also the plants are very bushy with huge fan leaves shading some of the inside shoots. Should I trim the inside shoots? Or the fan leaves? any and all advice is welcome. Thanks in advance and happy smoking

Growing 5 plants in a 6'Lx 6'Wx 7'h tent. Plants are unknown strain but judging by the short bushy status with dark green very wide leaves I'd say it's a indica dominate strain. I'm using 2X 1000hps in XXXL enclosed hoods and 5gal containers. Feeding Green Planet hydro fuel in promix. Temp is constant 76 with 60-65RH lights on and 68light off. Plants are currently about 25"tall with about 10-12 main budding sites per plants after FIM"ing twice with all shoots approx the same height. This is my first indoor grow and I want to take advantage of ALL my space and light available. I'm in my 3rd week of veg in the tent with my lights at 75%. I don't care how long it takes but roughly how high should I let them grow before switching to 12/12? Again not sure of the strain but confident they are indica dominate. Any experienced growers out there have a good estimate on what height to switch at? Also the plants are very bushy with huge fan leaves shading some of the inside shoots. Should I trim the inside shoots? Or the fan leaves? any and all advice is welcome. Thanks in advance and happy smoking

Ok so, a plant is fully matured at 4 weeks of age. You can actually sex it at that time with a magnifying glass. You can flip er at any point in time after this, if you wish. It's all about the end desired size, after the plant is matured. so anytime is ok after the 4th week.

As for the defoliation. I would wait to "Lollipop" until third week of flowering.. Now you can 'pluck' big fan leaves off that are blocking the light from getting to other leaves or areas of the plant. It's more then fine to do this. Just be careful not to take off too much. But don't be shy as well. As for the "shoots" Ya top away. It's best to wait a week after fully topping your plants then hitting them with 12/12. (Gives a bit more time for them to establish themselves.) Hope this has helped. :)

PS: Also, I think 2000 watts is a bit much for just 5 plants in a 6x6x7 area. But if you're keeping the lights at a good distance Im sure there is nothing to worry about. But you must also realize they double and triple in size during flowering. So a 25" plant with end around 50-75 inchs (depending on strain and enviroment of course, along with the gardener). Just keep this height in mind when growing sativas in there. Some even quadruple in size. I would suggest you trying the "SCROG" method next go around. It will help you with yields and fill out that room nice and evenly.

Rough estimate - go 12/12 when they are 1/2 the height you want them to finish at and try tucking the leaves under the new growth as long as you can. I'd probably consider flipping to flower now if they are 25". I tried a couple at 32" and they were a real P. I. T. A. to care for but I like to get them out to feed and play with them, a 5 foot tall plant will be hitting your lights and everything else they can find and it's a bummer snapping off a bud. Some people go to 12/12 right from seedling so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Good luck.

BI mentioned that we can expect our plants to double in height during flower. But that has never happened to me. Maybe because I continually tie down and adjust the height of branches throughout the plant's life, until the branches get too brittle to bend. My ladies get harvested at about 36" tall x about 30" in diameter.

Thanks for the advice, I'm flipping them on Saturday. That will b 4 weeks veg and they are about 28" now and about that wide. Gonna flower for a week then set the lights to 100% and let them go. 2x1000hps over 5 plants they should fill out nicely

Back
Top Bottom