Veg under LED and flower under HPS?

Sask420grow

Hey all. Thanks for taking the time to look at my thread. I’m currently running a 1000w MH for veg and in a separate room I’m running another 1000w HPS.
I’m finding the electricity costs are too much. I would like to switch out a light to lower the costs of power. Can I veg with a 2000w led and then flower under the 1000w HPS? What are the cons too doing this if any?

Hey all. Thanks for taking the time to look at my thread. I’m currently running a 1000w MH for veg and in a separate room I’m running another 1000w HPS.
I’m finding the electricity costs are too much. I would like to switch out a light to lower the costs of power. Can I veg with a 2000w led and then flower under the 1000w HPS? What are the cons too doing this if any?
How big - what dimensions - is your grow area?

Why go with HPS for flower when a good LED is superior?

Unless cost is a factor

And a good LED drawing about 600w from the wall will preform as good or better than a 1000w HPS.

Build your own LED would be my suggestion and use that with a dimmer for both veg and flower.
Or just noticed you have two separate rooms.
Build a predominantly blue spectrum LED of about 600w for veg and then a predominately red spectrum 2000w for flower

Unless cost is a factor

And a good LED drawing about 600w from the wall will preform as good or better than a 1000w HPS.

Build your own LED would be my suggestion and use that with a dimmer for both veg and flower.
Lol. You say led is superior yet I got another thread going that’s saying the HPS is incomparable... that’s why I wanna flower with the HPS I have already. Yes. Costs are a factor. I don’t have 1k to throw at a light I’ll have to build with no experience in building lights. I don’t like that suggestion much besides the fact everyone says thats the only way to get an light that will perform the same as my current 1000w set ups. Costs are everything at this point. I sure hope I get a huge yield lol

Lol. You say led is superior yet I got another thread going that’s saying the HPS is incomparable... that’s why I wanna flower with the HPS I have already. Yes. Costs are a factor. I don’t have 1k to throw at a light I’ll have to build with no experience in building lights. I don’t like that suggestion much besides the fact everyone says thats the only way to get an light that will perform the same as my current 1000w set ups. Costs are everything at this point. I sure hope I get a huge yield lol
Then the other thread is sadly mistaken.
LED beats HPS by every metric except cost.

If your looking for a good led to cover a room 5x8 you need to spend more than 1k and more than one light in my opinion!!

Unless cost is a factor

Or just noticed you have two separate rooms.
Build a predominantly blue spectrum LED of about 600w for veg and then a predominately red spectrum 2000w for flower
Citation please.

If your looking for a good led to cover a room 5x8 you need to spend more than 1k and more than one light in my opinion!!
Specs on a king plus says it does a 5x5 with lights at 24”... more then one light yes, currently using a 1000w MH and the plants beyond 5 feet are noticeably struggling to go for the light. I have to swap them around often to keep growth consistent. In saying that. I have 5 big plants and like 30 3 week old clones. 30 1 week old
Clones and 6 seedling all under that one light in the 5x8. There all doing great in my opinion. First time cutting clones. I think I messed up by cutting the clones off the bottom of the donor plants lol. They struggled for the first little while.

My rationale for anything I get involved with whether it be hobby, work, whatever is get the best.
True, it costs more up front for the best, but the payback is quick
I have 3 Quantum fixtures now, but it took me almost 2 years to acquire them
I started with 1 QB 260XW and grew 4 plants with that
Then I got a second QB 260XW and grew 4 plants
Then I got a QB 320XL and growing another 4 plants
My thinking was start small and ramp up with quality over time.
My harvests keep getting better and better

My rationale for anything I get involved with whether it be hobby, work, whatever is get the best.
True, it costs more up front for the best, but the payback is quick
I have 3 Quantum fixtures now, but it took me almost 2 years to acquire them
I started with 1 QB 260XW and grew 4 plants with that
Then I got a second QB 260XW and grew 4 plants
Then I got a QB 320XL and growing another 4 plants
My thinking was start small and ramp up with quality over time.
My harvests keep getting better and better
me thoughts exactly

Back
Top Bottom