Interesting. I'm curious how you arrive at your flip time. In my greenhouse grow, I don't even really think about the timing... I just grow 'em until it feels like they are ready to flower... like they are finished being in veg. This usually coincides with the plant not growing much vertically anymore. Also, do you feel like your indicas will max out the 20 gal. pots? My experience with indica-leaning is that they don't even come close to maxing out my 15 gal. pots, whereas the roots of hybrids will fill the pots. How tall do you think yours will be when done?

I usually veg for six weeks, that's what it usually takes to fill the grow space, if they need to flip to 12 / 12 sooner or go longer I'll make that call then. I'm not worried about the plants outgrowing the 20 gallon grow bags, plenty of room for roots and more roots... I have never grown these strains before so not sure what to expect for height, breeder says Purple Kush will grow to 60 - 80 cm indoors. Ayahuasca breeder only says medium height.

Happy Saturday fellow growers! Well I definitely have fungus gnats. They hitch hiked in on the mushroom barley log which I left sitting for a month in outdoor storage... I am now using mosquito dunks in my RO water. I put down two glue traps and have caught most all of the flyers. Hopefully the mosquito dunks will take care of any larva.

So today I top fed the soil with 1/2 cup per pot insect frass. After that I fed six gallons of RO water spiked with the mosquito dunks, to that I added fresh pureed alfalfa sprouts, three tablespoons SNS- 209, one teaspoon of 200x Aloe powder, one teaspoon BAS Big 6 Micro nutrients. I then gave each plant a little spritzer with RO water. They have grown lots in the last week and a half, side shoots are now growing well. Pics below are from today after the spritzer...

:hookah:

indica521.JPG

indica2521.JPG

So I have a sump well with a pump below my pots to catch run off. My pump failed yesterday...:oops: So today I get to remove plants so I can get to pump and repair it or see if I need to order a new one... Always something...

I was able to repair sump pump, it just had some debris on the float switch, all is now well!

Pic below from after I repaired pump today.

indica522.JPG

Growing like weeds... Just a quick photo update today... :hookah:

indica526.JPG

Happy Saturday fellow farmers! Plants are growing fast! I have some yellowing on some of the new growth leaf tips on the Ayahuasca Purple today... I just watered soil today with sprouted barley tea mixed with six gallons RO water, one teaspoon of 200x Aloe powder, one teaspoon Big 6 micro nutrients, two tablespoons SNS - 209, four tablespoons homemade eggshell calcium supplement, two tablespoons unsulfured molasses, 1/4 teaspoon epsom salt.

Here are pics from today

indica1 528.JPG

indica2 528.JPG

indica3 528.JPG

Good morning fellow farmers! I raised my lights to 18" above plants. I think they were getting a little close and that is what was causing the yellowing tips.

Happy Hump Day Farmers! Plants are growing fast, I have been measuring them, tallest one is 17" from top of soil, they have been growing upward 1" per day for the last 3 days. The grow space is filling up fast, I may need to flip to flower before the 15th. I am still getting yellowing on the tips of the new growth. I watered them today with plain RO water. Here are some pics from today.

indica1 61.JPG
indica2 61.JPG
indica3 61.JPG
indica4 61.JPG

I am still getting yellowing on the tips of the new growth.
I'm pretty sure that's a slight magnesium deficiency. A top dressing of dolomite lime might be just the thing. It also raises pH.

I'm pretty sure that's a slight magnesium deficiency. A top dressing of dolomite lime might be just the thing. It also raises pH.
Yes, thank you, I believe that you are correct! That is why I watered with some calcium / molasses and epsom salt last weekend (trying to cover my bases). Although as I understand it if I am having a PH lockout that may not help. Dolomite lime may be just the ticket, I do happen to have a box on my shelf. I will top dress with some Dolomite this afternoon.

I have not used my PH pen in a couple of years, I will try to calibrate it today and see if I can get it to work, then I will be able to check my RO water. I may add a mineralization/PH filter to my RO water supply. I have also read that I can foliar feed using 1 gallon of water with 1 tablespoon of epsom salt, still on the fence about this.

I have read that dolomite lime is probably better, because epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) is a salt, and the fact that it's a salt, combined with the presence of sulfate, can damage the microbiology of your soil, which in turn is bad for nutrient uptake. Epsom salt may be a quick way to address a mag deficiency, and that is maybe best done as a foliar spray... I don't know. Dolomite lime is a better long-term fix and good ingredient for your soil mix. Worm compost is probably also a good source of magnesium and other minerals. Greensand is great, too. Regarding molasses, I don't use it, due to the high levels of heavy metals. I think this is the case for all types of molasses, and I have yet to see a jar of molasses that doesn't have the Calif. Prop. 65 warning on it, even organic molasses. I use greensand in my soil mix for minerals including iron. happy growing! :)

I have read that dolomite lime is probably better, because epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) is a salt, and the fact that it's a salt, combined with the presence of sulfate, can damage the microbiology of your soil, which in turn is bad for nutrient uptake. Epsom salt may be a quick way to address a mag deficiency, and that is maybe best done as a foliar spray... I don't know. Dolomite lime is a better long-term fix and good ingredient for your soil mix. Worm compost is probably also a good source of magnesium and other minerals. Greensand is great, too. Regarding molasses, I don't use it, due to the high levels of heavy metals. I think this is the case for all types of molasses, and I have yet to see a jar of molasses that doesn't have the Calif. Prop. 65 warning on it, even organic molasses. I use greensand in my soil mix for minerals including iron. happy growing! :)
I did a top dress with some dolomite lime, I top dressed with 1/4 cup to each pot (I wasn't sure how much to use). I checked PH level of my RO water, it was at 5.8. I brought the PH up to 6.5 and watered in the dolomite. I also did a foliar spray with 1/2 teaspoon epsom salt to a half gallon of water, probably only sprayed less than half a pint. Plants are growing well. Almost everything in Cali has that prop 65 warning on it... Everybody scared of being sued...

Almost everything in Cali has that prop 65 warning on it
All commercial products that are sold in Calif. have to have it, meaning any company selling their stuff in Calif. I think the labels are the same no matter what state the product is sold in. I may be wrong. The question is, does molasses have unsafe levels of heavy metals – which can be found out by contacting the company for their test results – and I think the answer is, yes. Of course, eating molasses and using it as a fertilizer are two different things. When I was growing hemp and preparing to produce CBD products, I wanted the lowest possible heavy metals going into the soil, because cannabis is well known for pulling impurities out of the soil, which then wind up in the resin.

Plants are doing good, tallest one is 24" others are around 22". Soil is moist so I will put off watering until the end of the week. I am not seeing any more fungus gnats, mosquito dunks are doing their job. I am now five weeks into veg, I will be flipping to 12/12 within the next week.

indica1 66.JPG
indica2 66.JPG

Happy Saturday fellow farmers!

Today will be first day of 12/12. I changed my lighting timer last night. Yesterday I did a defol, I took off bottom leaves and small shoots from about halfway down to allow better air flow. I added defol leaves to my mulch layer. I did a top dress yesterday with 1/4 cup each of, insect frass, craft blend, kelp meal, dolomite lime, neem meal and half cup of green sand to each plant. I also watered yesterday with 4 gallons RO water (treated with mosquito dunks), calcium, big six micro nutes, buildabloom, silica, mikrobs, aloe, coconut water, sns 209 (1 gallon to each plant). I may do another small defol after stretch is over to expose any hidden bud sites.
indica1 610.JPG

indica2 610.JPG

I'm a little late to the party, but it looks like the real party has just begun! Mind if I join? And wow this is the way I want to end up gardening haha!
Looks like you are right on time! Pull up a chair and grab some reefer! Plenty to go around! HaHa! :passitleft:

Just in time to see these ladies go into flower mode...

Today will be first day of 12/12. I changed my lighting timer last night. Yesterday I did a defol, I took off bottom leaves and small shoots from about halfway down to allow better air flow. I added defol leaves to my mulch layer. I did a top dress yesterday with 1/4 cup each of, insect frass, craft blend, kelp meal, dolomite lime, neem meal and half cup of green sand to each plant. I also watered yesterday with 4 gallons RO water (treated with mosquito dunks), calcium, big six micro nutes, buildabloom, silica, mikrobs, aloe, coconut water, sns 209 (1 gallon to each plant). I may do another small defol after stretch is over to expose any hidden bud sites.
lookin' good! I personally would not put leaves as mulch, but I'm outdoor in mold central. I use coco for a mulch layer.

lookin' good! I personally would not put leaves as mulch, but I'm outdoor in mold central. I use coco for a mulch layer.
Thank you! I need to keep the worms fed, I like the idea of not bringing in any potential outside pests. I brought in the barley straw mushroom log at beginning of grow and brought in fungus gnats with that. Plus the fan leaves have good nutritional value for the soil. I put all of my trim from my previous grows right back into the soil, either by mulching or into the worm bin. My vaped weed also goes into the mulch or worm bin.

Back
Top Bottom