Vegan4life

Hello Fellow Growers! Welcome to my first Journal!

Here are the stats:

Strains - Barney's Farm, Ayahuasca Purple
@Weed Seeds Express Purple Kush
Both strains 100% Indica

Four plants from seed currently in Veg
All four plants went into final pot on May 1, 2022
Plants are currently between 6 and 12 days old
Indoor grow indoor grow space is approx 34" x 66". Grow space is located in 6' x 12' shed.
Pots are only taking 34" x 34" of the space
Living Organic soil
Soil is Sohum soil, This is the third grow in this same soil
I have been amending soil with Coot's amendments
I will also be using some compost Teas and SST, Aloe, coconut water, silica, micro nutes, Build a Bloom, Myco, EM
20 gallon pots
RO water
Currently using Two dimmable 260 watt Quantum board fixtures, 1 is 2700K Rspec, the other is 3000K
8" AC infinity exhaust for shed, with carbon filter and silencer,
Filtered passive air intake
Room temps 72 f - 80 f
@Sierra Natural Science SNS - 209 weekly for IPM

Here are the girls day of up pot to finale 20 gallon pots
uppot51.JPG

Here are girls today. I put 1 teaspoon of red clover seeds on top of soil in each pot two days ago. I bought a Blue oyster mushroom log from BAS and added some of that today for mulch. Hoping the clover will find its way through.
I watered at transplant with water soluble Mycorrhizae inoculant concentrate. Yesterday I watered again with a mixture of 4 gallons RO water, 4 tablespoons SCD Bio Ag, 2 teaspoons Agsil 16H potassium silicate, 1 teaspoon BAS Big 6 Micro nutrients, 1 teaspoon 200x concentrate Aloe powder, 2 tablespoons @Sierra Natural Science sns-209. I put 1 gallon of mixture to each pot.

mulch54.JPG

The soil I am using is Sohum soil. This is the third grow for this soil. I have been amending with Coot's amendments. This round to make it more simple for me I bought "Craft Blend" from BAS. I added approximately 1 gallon of homegrown vermicompost and six cups of craft blend into each pot. I ended up mixing these ingredients into the top 6" of soil.

I guess I should also mention that I have composting worms in my 20 gallon pots. So I like to keep mulch layer, I also like to keep soil moist for the worms...

:hookah:

Currently lights are set at 100 watts each, 200 watts total.

8A71870A-FDFE-42A7-997B-A9998F3CB199.png
E4C8E91F-8F3F-4E40-99CB-13826837D9CB.png

Good morning, for the last three days I have been sprouting one ounce of Barley seeds. I will be putting them in my Vitamix with some RO water this afternoon to make a SST for my girls. I will be adding the pureed seeds to four gallons of RO water and adding one teaspoon of 200x Aloe powder. I will give each pot one gallon of the mixture.

sst.JPG

Here are my Barley sprouts before going into the Vitamix.
sprouts.JPG

Here is the sprouted Barley tea concentrate (after going through the Vitamix), I mixed this with four gallons of RO water then added one teaspoon of 200x Aloe powder and four teaspoons Mikrobs, microbial inoculant. Then fed one gallon into each pot.

:morenutes:
sstea.JPG

Here are the girls today after feeding the SST, coming along nicely... You can see the clover sprouts coming up, we'll see if they make it through the barley straw... :hookah:
indica5622.JPG

Here are the girls today after a little spritzer. Today I top fed 1/2 cup of neem meal into each pot. I also watered them with four gallons of RO water with 2 tablespoons SCD Bio Ag, 2 teaspoons Agsil 16H potassium silicate, 1 teaspoon BAS Big 6 Micro nutrients, 1 teaspoon 200x concentrate Aloe powder, 2 tablespoons @Sierra Natural Science sns-209. I put 1 gallon of mixture to each pot. I have some Blue corn seeds sprouting, I will make a SST with it on Friday.

indica511.JPG

I will also be using some compost Teas and SST, Aloe, coconut water, silica, micro nutes, Build a Bloom, Myco, EM
Thanks for this! First time I've heard of SST (seed sprout tea). You've given me some good ideas :)

The girls look a little perkier today. I just turned up the lights to 300 watts...

Happy Friday the 13th !

Yesterday I turned up the watts on the lights to 150 watts each for a total of 300 watts.

Today I watered with Blue corn SST mixed with four gallons of RO water, one teaspoon of 200x Aloe powder and four teaspoons Mikrobs microbial inoculant. Each pot received one gallon.

The plants seem to be growing like weeds...
Pic below is from about a half hour ago.

indica513.JPG

Hello Fellow Growers! Welcome to my first Journal!
:ciao: You've been here a while and it's just now your first journal?! Mind if I pull up a chair?
I bought a Blue oyster mushroom log from BAS and added some of that today for mulch.
Awesome! I've been wanting to get some of those logs for mulching. Super clean and amazing life.

Everything about your grow makes my heart happy! :circle-of-love: From the organic soil, to the SST, to the worms, and especially all the microbes! :bravo:

:ciao: You've been here a while and it's just now your first journal?! Mind if I pull up a chair?

Awesome! I've been wanting to get some of those logs for mulching. Super clean and amazing life.

Everything about your grow makes my heart happy! :circle-of-love: From the organic soil, to the SST, to the worms, and especially all the microbes! :bravo:
The more the merrier! Pull up two chairs! Yes I finally decided to pull the trigger on a grow journal, only took me 4-1/2 years. I sure wish that I had started journals before, it will be nice to refer back to. BAS has been sold out of the logs ever since I bought that one.

:passitleft:

Hello fellow farmers! Wednesday update, big growth spurt over the last week! I only gave top soil a little spritzer of RO water today to moisten the mulch layer. I will sprout some alfalfa seeds over the next few days and feed pots with SST this weekend. The mushroom log / barley straw that I added for mulch came with some very small black gnats (smaller than fungus gnats), I may add mosquito dunks to my RO reservoir.
indica1 518.JPG
indica2 518.PNG

Wow, I love how squat these are for the amount of growth! Holy shmoly! Evidence of super good growing environment and lots of light. I'm gonna love to see how they look in a few weeks!

Wow, I love how squat these are for the amount of growth! Holy shmoly! Evidence of super good growing environment and lots of light. I'm gonna love to see how they look in a few weeks!
Yes the plant in the back left is just a little taller, the other three are more squat. I am planning to flip to 12/12 around the 15th of June, for about a six week veg. It will be nice not worrying about running out of headroom. My last couple of grows were hybrids and height was an issue.

Yes the plant in the back left is just a little taller, the other three are more squat. I am planning to flip to 12/12 around the 15th of June, for about a six week veg. It will be nice not worrying about running out of headroom. My last couple of grows were hybrids and height was an issue.
Interesting. I'm curious how you arrive at your flip time. In my greenhouse grow, I don't even really think about the timing... I just grow 'em until it feels like they are ready to flower... like they are finished being in veg. This usually coincides with the plant not growing much vertically anymore. Also, do you feel like your indicas will max out the 20 gal. pots? My experience with indica-leaning is that they don't even come close to maxing out my 15 gal. pots, whereas the roots of hybrids will fill the pots. How tall do you think yours will be when done?

Back
Top Bottom