Vegetable Glycerin Tincture

Durgan

I never made this Vegetable Glycerin Tincture, but it looks interesting. Worth a try.

Recipe for Alcohol Free Cannabis Tincture

Ingredients

• 1/8 oz well ground high quality cannabis. Decarboxylated
  • 1/8 cup food grade Vegetable Glycerin (commonly found at drugstores and pharmacies)
Tools
  • Cheesecloth
  • A glass canning jar and lid
  • Double boiler
Method
  • Grind the cannabis as finely as possible and place it in the canning glass jar
  • Pour over the Glycerin and stir it all in
  • Seal the jar.
  • Heat the pot of water to a simmer and place the jar into the center. The level of the water should be about the same level as the contents of the jar. This will make sure the jar does not float and fall. The water in the bottom pot should not touch the upper pot, so that it is steam heated, approximately just above 212F or boiling point of water..
  • Let the mixture cook for 6 hours or you can do it longer shaking the contents of the jar often and adding water to the pots as needed to maintain a level of boiling water.
  • Once this is done, pour your mixture through cheesecloth into a bowl. After you have poured it through, squeeze the excess from the cheesecloth careful not to break it.
  • Place in ounce drop bottle for dispensing.

I've made Glycerin before. It comes out nice but it is really sweet.

The one thing I don't like about Glycerin Tincture is it is like Oil Based tincture you can't concentrate it down the way you can with alcohol.

Will be interested in reading your report after completed.

Back
Top Bottom