Vegetables in Hempy Buckets

mrlahey

Has anyone here grown vegetables or fruit in a hempy bucket?

I'm going to try growing fruits and veggies this year.. I think I'll try tomatoes, jalapenos, habaneros, artichokes, and maybe some berries and a pomegranate tree.

I already have an avocado that i sprouted from seed in a hempy bucket. I just did that for fun and to see if it would work.

Well I've got lettuce, jalapeno, habenero, broccoli, artichokes and more in hempy cups/buckets. Seems to be working well so far.

I do tomatoes in Recycling Hempy

TOMATOES2.jpg

WJ

I do tomatoes in Recycling Hempy

TOMATOES2.jpg

That picture is pretty inspirational! I don't know if that's technically still "hempy" since the guy who coined the term seemed pretty adamant that it specifically meant a form of passive hydroponics - but I sure like the looks of it. And, coming from a DWC background, I don't have a problem with it not being a drain-to-waste passive/hand-watered setup, either.

Are you still doing this for fruits (or vegetables)? I'm not sure Mom will be able to do any gardening at all next year, but if she seems likely to next Spring, I might try to build something like that for her. She has trouble carrying water (who doesn't, at almost 80?) and I cannot always make it to her house during the dry spells before the plants start seriously wilting. She's never allowed me to install a drip or soaker-hose setup because she's afraid to "waste water," so the recirculating part of your grow might be of great interest to her.

Thank you for the great idea! BtW, would you mind doing a short write-up on your setup?

Back
Top Bottom