Vegetative stage - Pistils dying - Help me

Troublemaker

420 Member
hey guys, i'm around 5/6 weeks of vegetative stage, pistils plant start to grow about 2/3 weeks and they are pretty white healthy till yesterday, dont know why, since then, they are turning brown and seems to me like they are dying.... but the rest of plant is pretty good to me ! :thanks:

20161021_152540.jpg

Hi Troublemaker,

Welcome to the forum. This plant is quite small for 5 or 6 weeks. I assume it is an auto? What type of light are you using? What distance is it from the plant? What strain? If this is an auto, you may be seeing the pistil maturing, not dying. A plant that size will also require very little water and probably no nutes. What is your water/feed schedule?

Thank you mate :)
I dont know what an auto is man, sry s:
18h light/6H dark - fluorescent light ...23w / 1380lumen=99w ... and the distance from the plant is about 50/60 cm. Strain ?
im wattering 1x week , and about 2 weeks ago i just water that time with nutrients...
:thanks:

An auto is a type of plant that does not need to be switched to 12/12 to flower. They are usually kept at 18/6 for their entire life. Most finish in under 12-13 weeks from seed to weed.

With Fluoros and CFL, which I use to veg, you want to keep the light about 2" from the plant. These are great light sources as they are gentle and don't "push" the plant, but they are probably the weakest form of grow light.

In any decent soil, a plant that size will not need nutes. It is odd that your plant would flower in 18/6 without being an auto.

My advice would be to start a new grow and a grow journal as well. I am more than happy to give any advice that I am able to give, and this will be a sentiment shared by most growers here. We just want you to succeed.

CFLs and Fluoros will work from beginning to end, but you will only produce if you use them properly. You want to keep a balance of about 3-6500K bulbs for each 2700K bulb during veg. When you hit flower, you will want to reverse this ratio. During flower, you will want to have as much light pouring down on the plants as possible. Flower is when it really matters, so you may need to add more light. Having said this, a buddy of mine grew a Norther Lights auto under 4-23 watt CFL...from beginning to end. It took over 140 days and he only yielded 1.75oz of airy buds, but he did it with only those 4 lights. I would have bet my pinky toe that it would not have worked, but he did it and it shut me up :)

That, my friend, is an Auto. Some autos are in a huge hurry to produce those flowers. I had one go to full flower 21 days from seed. Sweet Sue had an auto that was about 8 inches tall and went right to flower & harvest. It was a pretty little purple thing, too!

thank you all... :)
i have 2 more female plants like this and i will see what happens and not think about a new grow.. unless you can get me nice seeds and nice soil ahah

Hi Troublemaker,

Welcome to the forum. This plant is quite small for 5 or 6 weeks. I assume it is an auto? What type of light are you using? What distance is it from the plant? What strain? If this is an auto, you may be seeing the pistil maturing, not dying. A plant that size will also require very little water and probably no nutes. What is your water/feed schedule?
I have a question first time grower don't know what stage of flowering it is in but my white hairs come out and they die don't have a clue what it could be any help would be helpful thanks Hubbard88

Back
Top Bottom