Veghead's 3rd - Soil - LED & HPS - Autos - SSH - Amnesia - Big Bud - Northern Lights

Veghead

So figured I'd start a journal seeing as I've enjoyed reading so many others on here. I've not really posted much, just been one of the silent viewers, appreciating all the info and learning a little something new everyday.
Hopefully you guys will enjoy and we can share our knowladge, experience and learn a little something about these autos.

This is only my third grow, so I've still a tonne to learn. My 2 previous grows were in a smaller space, with photo strains and a 600w hps. This time however, I've got a bigger space (120×240×200) and have added 2 x mars hydro reflector 144's to go alongside a 400w HPS. I'm running a light cycle of 18/4.

Strains of choice are.. Super Silver Haze (x2), Amnesia Haze XL (x2), Big Bud (×2) and the freebie Northern Lights XL (x1).
These are all from Zambeza, and I have to say, I've been really impressed with their service so far, so check them out! These babies are likely to be ponytailed and LST'd.

All nutrients used will be Advanced nutrients. I'm using the 3 part Grow, Micro, Bloom as my Base nutes, and then my additives i have are B52, Big Bud, Cal/Mag, piranha, taranatula, voodo juice and bud candy. I'm probably going to try their flawless finish too. Will post my feeding schedule as i progress with the journal.

After selecting a poor soil from B&Q last time round, I looked into what seemed to be popular choice and went with Westlands multi purpose with added John innes. It's nice and fluffy and with some added perlite.. I'm feeling pretty good about it at the moment. Fingers crossed it works out.

Seeds have just germinated and been planted, so nothing to really report. I'll post some pictures when they decide to show themselves and then we'll get the journey properly underway.

Peace

Re: First Auto Flower grow - First time with LED (mars)

420-magazine-mobile149657833.jpg

Re: Veghead's 3rd - Soil - LED + HPS - Autos - SSH - Amnesia - Big Bud - Northern Lig

Some lucky ladies there. They're going to enjoy all that light. I'll be here to enjoy the show, if anything pops out at me I'll try and lend some advice. But for now, good luck and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Re: Veghead's 3rd - Soil - LED + HPS - Autos - SSH - Amnesia - Big Bud - Northern Lig

Thanks Snidrajsed, it's great you have you along for the ride. Much appreciated.
I hope so man, hopefully they'll repay me with some top bud. If so then I'll look at getting another 2 panels for the other side.

Re: Veghead's 3rd - Soil - LED & HPS - Autos - SSH - Amnesia - Big Bud - Northern Lig

420-magazine-mobile1175076264.jpg

We've got life. Interesting that these two are under the 400w HPS.. yet the girls under the LED panels are barely through the surface

Re: Veghead's 3rd - Soil - LED & HPS - Autos - SSH - Amnesia - Big Bud - Northern Lig

We're fully underway. All 7 plants have risen by this morning.
I'll take a few photos once they've grown a little more. For now they'll continue to receive only water every 2-3 days, depending on the moisture of the soil, until around day 7-10. At that point I'll introduce some additives.
I forgot to mention above, that when they were planted, they were placed in 2ml of Piranha to give the roots a bit of a boost from the off.

Today I've introduced 2ml of Piranha, Voodoo juice and Tarantula to the feed. It states 2ml per litre, but they've had 2ml to 1.5 litres. This should really help them to start developing some nice healthy roots.

420-magazine-mobile915476986.jpg

They'll love that addition to their feed. I have seen dramatic root development using these three in conjunction with the Carboload to keep them(mircobes/bacteria) fed. Fuzzy roots a plenty are to come...

They'll love that addition to their feed. I have seen dramatic root development using these three in conjunction with the Carboload to keep them(mircobes/bacteria) fed. Fuzzy roots a plenty are to come...

That's great to hear man. Just had some carboload through the post. Will be adding it to this mornings feed along with some B52

Day 11. The 2 girls under the HPS are definitely leading the way. The 2 next to them, which are getting LED and some of the HPS are a little behind, and then the 3 further to the left, getting only LED are considerably smaller. Not sure how I feel about this. Maybe I was expecting a little more from the LED.
Wondering whether or not to leave the LED's at the recommended height so that they get the intensity, or lift them up a little to encourage some stretch..
Maybe it's early days to be concerned and perhaps they'll suddenly come to life later on in the grow
420-magazine-mobile1614071118.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1476228715.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1910604809.jpg
420-magazine-mobile379593617.jpg
420-magazine-mobile892365768.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1260675354.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1373355826.jpg
420-magazine-mobile229462337.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2011241661.jpg

To me, they all look like they're at the same node creation. Some are just a little more stretched put and therefore look bigger. The hps will tend to make node spacing a little wider, LEDs Make node spacing much tighter, closer to that which a cfl would accomplish. Like I said, to me, they all look like they're on track. Keep us posted and...

To me, they all look like they're at the same node creation. Some are just a little more stretched put and therefore look bigger. The hps will tend to make node spacing a little wider, LEDs Make node spacing much tighter, closer to that which a cfl would accomplish. Like I said, to me, they all look like they're on track. Keep us posted and...

That's a very good point dude. I opted to keep things as they were anyways. Thanks for the input, experience is showing there

Day 18 - Girls are looking great. Will be starting some LST later today.
I was unable to water yesterday, so they're a day late unfortunately.
Today for for feed I'll be introducing the Base nutrients (G,M,B) at half strength, which is 2ml per litre. It'll also be the last feed with the Piranha, Tarantula and Voodoo Juice until the start of the flowering stage.

420-magazine-mobile785843747.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1742159330.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1384741639.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1854712386.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1575980025.jpg
420-magazine-mobile483436594.jpg
420-magazine-mobile500759254.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1130417757.jpg

At the 3 week point, day 21.

Having stopped the root enhancer additives for the time being, today's feed consisted of a litre and a half of water per plant, with 2ml of cal/mag, B52 and Carboload. I've also upped the Base nutrients to 3ml per 1.5 litres.
Ive been training them over the last few days too. Started with pony tailing 2 to allow them to thicken up a bit, then went on to bowl them all which I'll continue to do so for the next week or two.
420-magazine-mobile1844778067.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1044006662.jpg
420-magazine-mobile859464340.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1809841615.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1621814452.jpg

looking good i was wondering i use grow micro bloom too but should use like a boaster or additive too like to help it flower more

looking good i was wondering i use grow micro bloom too but should use like a boaster or additive too like to help it flower more
Thanks Gary. Yeah definitely worth it man. You can go over board, but I'd certainly look into getting some Big Bud and Bud Candy at least

Thanks Gary. Yeah definitely worth it man. You can go over board, but I'd certainly look into getting some Big Bud and Bud Candy at least

yeah i gonna go some koolbloom and add it to my growing flower program at a small amount of 1 ml per gallon which i have a 2-1/2 gallon tank thats in a 5 gall dwc grow bucket thxs for the info heres another question how does it take to turn over in the sexting i read 1-3 weeks is this right to see if they a:thumb::420:re a female or male

yeah i gonna go some koolbloom and add it to my growing flower program at a small amount of 1 ml per gallon which i have a 2-1/2 gallon tank thats in a 5 gall dwc grow bucket thxs for the info heres another question how does it take to turn over in the sexting i read 1-3 weeks is this right to see if they a:thumb::420:re a female or male
Sweet man. Nah, you're usually looking at around 5-6 weeks until you get the pre flower. You should be able to gauge which way its going to go by then.

Back
Top Bottom