Ventilation and CO2 generator question

dfaulk70

Hi everyone, I am looking for some advice. I found out how to figure out how many cfm extractor fan and intake fan that I need for my grow room, but I plan on using a CO2 generator too. How does this change the intake and exhaust fan size that I need? Can I get away with less CFM's?

Basically, I have a 122,000 cubic foot room. (122 ft by 50 ft by 22 ft ceilings) I was planning on going with a 45,000 cfm intake fan and a 47,000 cfm exhaust fan. I know they recommend changing the air every minute. However, due to start up cost of the entire project I will have to go with changing the air in the room to every 2.7 minutes.

This made me think to add CO2 I was thinking of adding a natural gas CO2 generator. Does this change the amount of air exchange that I need in the room? I was thinking of running the CO2 generator for 15 min then the exhaust for 15 min or some kind of ratio like that. This makes me think that I should go with much less cfm on intake fan, since the exhaust fan runs in 15 min intervals.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Back
Top Bottom