Ventilation carbon filter

Grower2020

Hi guys just wondering what size fan and carbon filter I would need for a 200cmx200cmx200cm grow tent . Single 6000watt led low heat light for lighting. Thank you and appreciate your anticipated comments. I'm a little confused with pressures and the ventilation side of it all, and do I need an inlet fan or can I just open up the ventilation holes in the tent for fresh air to suck in. My thoughts is maybe if the outlet carbon pressure is slightly greater than the inhilation into the tent then the smell can't escape through the open vent for sir coming in because the air is coming in and not going out. Am I on the right track? Thank you hope to hear some helpful comments Thanks again

With that size tent I would go with a minimum of a 6”” fan and carbon filter set up. And yes, if you pull a negative pressure in the tent it virtually eliminated the smell . I also dried my harvest in a tent with negative pressure to keep the smell completely away.

6" fan with like 20" filter

Can put the filter and the fan outside the tent and put the tube in a top vent at the ceiling of the tent.

A lot of people hang this gear inside the tent. Not necessary you can do it several ways

I have my filter standing on the floor outside the tent and the fan sitting on top of the filter. Makes is REAL easy when I need to clean the filter. I do that 1x a year.

I use a 5 inch extraction fan in a tent of same size but you could go 6 inch if you really wanted to & not a great difference in cooling etc between the two fans.

Basically extraction fans removes X volume of air per min / hour this being measured in cubic feet or meters depending on where you are from.

Then select a carbon filter of same size some carbon filters can only deal with X volume of air per min / hour.

If you search around you can find the maths to calculate the air flow required for tent size or volume of tent & I must admit their can be some variations.

Depends on the strength of the fan. I.e. I've got a 4" fan splitting two tents externally to a filter and if it's cranked any higher than 50% it sucks the walls in!

20210424_125744.jpg

Depends on the strength of the fan. I.e. I've got a 4" fan splitting two tents externally to a filter and if it's cranked any higher than 50% it sucks the walls in!

20210424_125744.jpg
Do you leave a flap open for sucking air into the tent or do you actually have the tent closed right up with an inlet fan pumping air in ?

I rigged up a little pre-filter out of some mesh fabric (that they use for window unit air filters) around a piece of scrap tubing and cinched the flap around it. No need for a second fan as there's plenty of negative pressure from my exhaust fan. Just stay away from the duct booster style fan...those are pretty much useless.

I rigged up a little pre-filter out of some mesh fabric (that they use for window unit air filters) around a piece of scrap tubing and cinched the flap around it. No need for a second fan as there's plenty of negative pressure from my exhaust fan. Just stay away from the duct booster style fan...those are pretty much useless.
So if I just use the 6inch carbon exhaust system and leave a zipper slightly unzipped in the tent to allow airflow in and just a small fan inside the tent to oscillate the air evenly through the room that should be sufficient ?

Ok cool so if I do the piece of pipe into the tent through one of the vents like you sais that will keep out moths and bugs. Great idea . I didn't fully picture what you meant previously now I see what you were saying. Awesome thanks heaps I'll go with the 6inch it should be heaps from what I've read. Thanks for the feedback now I have a good grasp on it

Ok cool so if I do the piece of pipe into the tent through one of the vents like you sais that will keep out moths and bugs. Great idea . I didn't fully picture what you meant previously now I see what you were saying. Awesome thanks heaps I'll go with the 6inch it should be heaps from what I've read. Thanks for the feedback now I have a good grasp on it
bugs can still come in, but not as easily as if the tent were open.

Back
Top Bottom