Ventilation help please

jumpincactus

I have a question concerning ventilation.

My growroom is 10' x 10' I am in the initial stages of setup. I will run can ventilation thru the ported lighting hoods and then the ducts will pass the air thru a carbon filter.

My question is this. I live in a newer home built in 07 and it has central air. In the room is a air intake that draws hot air out of the room and then another that drops air conditined cooled air into the room. Can I take the exhaust end of my clean filtered hot air and run the duct to the air intake in the ceiling of the room. Are there any issues with doing this. It would alleviated having to cut a hole in the ceiling and it seems like this would work. Any ideas from those that know more than I ???

I do not see any issues with this, the system is set up to remove the heat as long as the system is running. Only issue would be when your not running it, then it is not pulling and may cause back pressure. Is your attic blown with foam, or laid fiberglass? Because you could put in a Y adapter with a one way valve on it, allowing the unit to remove the heat when on, or just dump it into the void when your a/c is off.

thanks Fuzzy appreciate your input. I think the Y might work. The attic is just blown in newspapers or something like that.

Since we are in 100+ temps may thru Sept the air runs almost constantly

I'm familiar with recycled paper "Thumbs up to you for being green!"

What I need to really figure out is as you said when the rooms have reached the temp I have the thermostat set on is there some baffle or something in the ducts that would cause back pressure when the central air isnt actually on.

I got my green thumb from Grandma watching her garden as a kid. Wonder what she would think now seeing the flowers her granchild is growing. She would be proud I'm sure :)

Mine is 83 and she's down w/it totally... of course nothing I do would be bad in her eyes... I'm the first grandchild... LOL

I got my green thumb from Grandma watching her garden as a kid. Wonder what she would think now seeing the flowers her granchild is growing. She would be proud I'm sure :)

just an FYI you will optimize your fan and make it last longer if your put it as close the exit of your room.

so for example you would have your carbon filter hooked up to one side of your light, then your ducting to where you want to exhaust and your fan at the end pull the air down the chain and out of the room, by doing this you reduce back pressure on your fan making it run better and put through less strain,

pulling is always better than pushing air :D

Back
Top Bottom