Ventilation questions

MILF

High everybody,
first thing i want to say is im new to this site so i hope im posting this right haha
and secondly i want to say thanks for taking the time to read this.

anyways lets get to the question. haha
alright so i plan to grow indoors for the first time in a grow tent that is 3ftx1.7ftx5ft and the light im going to use through veg. and flower will be a 180W Blackstar LED 3w diodes. so far everything i plan on buying seems needed.
so by the time i buy what i feel is most necessary i wont have very much money at all so my contradiction is what form of ventilation is most important? intake or exhaust? its obvious fresh air is needed but i also know too much heat is killer for the ladies. im most likely going to have enough money for a simple duct fan or something like that. considering the fact that LEDs dont put off much heat compared to HIDs im leaning towards using the fan for intake specifically a 4". i plan on sucking fresh air from my window and blowing it through about 2 or 3ft of ducting and finally ending in the tent. but if you guys think exhaust is more important i can just switch things around.
any advice is appreciated :Namaste:

I think the exhaust is where you will need to spend your money
The exhaust fan will pull fresh air into the room on it's own, you will just need to give it some type of vent to the outside
Make sure the vent is at the bottom of the grow area so that the fresh air gets pulled up through the plants

What Mr-M said. By exhausting air from the tent it creates a low pressure zone pulling in fresh air. Putting the intake vent at the bottom isnt so much about pulling fresh air up through the plants. There should be a fan inside to keep air circulating anyway. The intake on the bottom is mostly because well thats where cooler air is.

So yeah go for the exhaust fan.

alright so i plan to grow indoors for the first time in a grow tent that is 3ftx1.7ftx5ft and the light im going to use through veg. and flower will be a 180W Blackstar LED 3w diodes. :Namaste:

That is the same size as 2 of my tents.(I mentioned these to you in another post) They may even be the exact tents I was talking about. In mine I'm using 400W HID lights. You won't have as much heat to worry about as me but you will need to vent it out through the top.

Back
Top Bottom