Ventilation what to use?

newbiegrow420

Well I have a problem. I can't seem to figure out what to use for exhaust. My grow space is 2x3x7ft so 42 square feet. My dilemma is what to use. I do not want to use a blower they are loud and seem too much for my space and expensive to boot. So my other option are the square PC like fans but they seem to little because I am wanting to use a 400w hps for flower and I am worried about heat. So that brings me to inline fans as an exhaust but they are advertised as boosters to exhaust that u already have or as a light fan to keep the light cool. So I was wondering if I only use a 6in inline fan with about 18in of ducting into attic with a 400w hps with a reflector wing no glass cover. Will this keep the temps down at a acceptable level or not? What do you folks think? Thanks for info:grinjoint:

Re: Ventilation what to use???

JMHO....that will work perfect....even the square pc like fans will work for that space as well. It just depends on whether it pulls enough cfm's...

Re: Ventilation what to use???

Yeah see that sounds right I just want to get the exhaust right the 1st time and not have to buy another unit. Right now I'm finishing up a soil grow with cfls with no exhaust and the temps can hit 80F with door shut. I also wonder if the inline fans are loud because I might go with the PC fan but just get a bigger unit with good cfm's Thanks for your input dom42

i have a 2' x 4'x 8' room i have the cheapest bathroom vent fan $13 they have at lowes , i let it run all the time and it keeps the room about 78 degrees i ran the eXhaust into my attic and out to the soffit ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SMOKR1

Back
Top Bottom