Ventilation

nessa11

I decided I'm most likely going to grow two plants out of a 2.5 x 3 x 10 closet. The smell doesn't worry me a lot, but I heard that marijuana plants need circulating air for their growth, is this true?

What types of ventilation should I put in if it is necessary? I'm looking for the most simple thing that will work

Yes they need air. You can't see air but it's still very important. What often goes hand-in-hand with the need for fresh air is the need for heat control. Low powered grow lights won't make crazy amounts of heat and I'm not at all familiar with LED lights but I am assuming they don't make much heat if any. Depending on what type of grow light you use, that little closet (is it really 10 feet tall? ) might heat up too much for the plants, so usually growers find themselves making 2 vents in their room, to the outside world. One (usually at top) sending out hot air and one (usually down low) bringing in fresh colder air. This generally means having at least one ventilation fan which is often hooked to a thermostat to turn on the ventilation system when things get too hot. This kills two birds with one stone- heat control and fresh air. That's the system that I have experience with anyway.

However... the simplest possibiltiy I can think of, if it's possible, is for you to leave the closet open. This actually probably isn't something you want but I don't know... In that situation you'd probably still need a fan either in the closet or in the room outside blowing in- one that swivels back-and-forth blowing air around the room just to circulate the air.
Someone who knows LED lights, which is probably everyone except me, may chime in and say that they don't have a heat issue and that you can get by with a very small fan bringing air into your grow.

I hope this makes sense to you! I'm starting to feel blurry- need to get off this computer and get some air myself.

Back
Top Bottom