Ventilation

safehaven

Let me preface by stating that I am a complete n00b at this. I want to get construction going on a grow room. I have attached a photo of the overall layout of the room. As can be seen it is one large room separated by a wall into 2 smaller rooms, one for vegetative growth and one for flowering. I intend to use LED and florescents, so heat from the lights should not be an issue.

In fact, I am worried that not enough heat might be an issue. The room will be surrounded on 3 sides by outside air and garage air on the fourth.

I have a couple of questions (2 of probably 20 by the time I am done).

1. I have read that ideally it is best to intake room temperature air into the grow room. Being surrounded by the outside and garage, any air that I intake is likely to be cool to cold in the winter, anywhere from 20-50 degrees. Do I need to preheat the the new air, and if so, how do I go about doing it?

2. Can I intake air into the veg room through a HEPA filter via a fan, then blow air in to the flower room via a fan, then exhaust the air through a carbon filter to the outside from the flower room via a fan? This would be similar to the setup shown in the second diagram, with the exception that I would use a fan to draw fresh air in from outside of the room.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

GR6.jpg

UltimateGrowRoom-1024x700.jpg

With your setup I would probably pull my intake from inside the garage, and use a space heater near the intake ducting. A small space heater near the intake should manage, or a larger heater for the entire garage.

Another option would be running your intake duct through your garage and into your house, with that I'd recommend exhausting back into the house otherwise your just pulling your nice warm air outside.

For venting seperate rooms, I'd go with an oversized exhaust fan and vent both rooms with it.

Here's a crude drawing I made for a 2 tent single exhaust setup.

IMG_20150930_040015.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I should have mentioned that the garage is detached. It is much too large to heat efficiently. So, heating the air as it is coming in might be the best option.

Should I use two intakes and two heaters, one for each individual room? Or would it be acceptable to use one intake and heater and then duct the already warm air into the second room?

Another question, does the intake need to be forced in with a fan? Or will the exhaust fan be enough to passively draw in fresh air in?

Might want to look at insulation material to help trap the heat in the winter it may even help out to protect against extra heat in the summer months that is another thing to look at perhaps ?

More likely need a radiator with thermostat control ideally 20/21c during the lights off/on period during winter & might look at oil filled types tho.

Other wise you could look at air conditioning units window fitted types which deal with temp of air & humidity.

I really would not over look humidity tho mainly in flowering :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom