Venting 2 units using a Y?

Remystemple

If i want to vent my tent exhaust and portable ac exhaust ( each 6" ) out the same vent.
would a 6x6x10" Y be enough to make sure both have enough space for the air to freely escape?

I'll also be using back draft dampers for when any of the units are turned off.

Should be fine. 6in duct π3²≈28 sq in. 10in duct π5²≈ 78sq in.

Manufacturers strongly suggest against extending the discharge vent on portable AC units though. If your not draining the water from the unit it uses the discharge air to evaporate everything the evaporator coil has condensed out of the air. A longer discharge can allow this air to cool below the dew point creating water puddles in your duct. Longer discharge can also increase head pressure in the system reducing efficiency and extending runtimes. Which can ultimately burn up the compressor windings.

Should be fine. 6in duct π3²≈28 sq in. 10in duct π5²≈ 78sq in.

Manufacturers strongly suggest against extending the discharge vent on portable AC units though. If your not draining the water from the unit it uses the discharge air to evaporate everything the evaporator coil has condensed out of the air. A longer discharge can allow this air to cool below the dew point creating water puddles in your duct. Longer discharge can also increase head pressure in the system reducing efficiency and possibly (worst case scenario) burning up the compressor windings.
Damn. The main reason I want to do it this way is to not have so many vents visible outside. I'm 40 and although it's legal I'm still not about to advertise my grow lol. Maybe I'll just suck it up and do 2 vents out.

Thanks for the super informative post.

No problem. Good luck. If you need Anything else just ask

LMAO i didn't notice your profile pic until now. you're definitely the one i'll ask.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom