Venting Outdoors

FeloniousPunk

Hi All,

First off, I am NOT very handy.

I need to ventilate my grow tents outdoors. Our house is not typical and this is my problem. The tents are in a room with a large window (not a standard room window, it is a large sliding window) and a sliding patio door. One wall is concrete block, not an outside wall anyway, and the other two are also internal walls. There is a door to the cellar, but there are no windows or above ground walls down there. The washer/Dryer blocks the window and can't be relocated.

So the vent pretty much has to go out the patio door. I have seen panels for installing room air conditioners but they look flimsy and don't look like a 8" pipe would fit. I need the venting to be sealed fairly well so the hot air from outside doesn't leak in, warming the room I'm trying to cool.

Thanks,

FP:peace:

You could use a piece of insulation board. The hard foam kind. Instead of the plastic piece sold for portable AC units. Use a piece of 1inch thick, plenty rigid enough you can basically duct tape it to the door frame. Stick your vent pipe through and good to go. Not the prettiest solution but it would suffice.

Back
Top Bottom