Venturi's Pineapple Express Summer DWC

Venturisix

Alrighty folks Venturi is back at it!

I was going to take some more time off pre grow but I got some seeds in, made another order due to it being 15% off the second go around… so I’ve got some master og and some afghan seeds en route. Second (full) grow here and my first run using a scrog net! I hope to achieve some uniformity this round. I’ve got a second fan/ filter coming and I have to hit the hydro store later but I think I’ve got pretty much everything else. I’m eager to learn so don’t be afraid to jump in and let loose some pointers. Back-seating allowed as they say.

Seeds are sitting in Ro water bathing until 1800 today.

What strain is it? Northern Lights Auto

Pineapple Express Auto

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Northern Lights- 80% Indica 10% Sativa 10% Ruderalis

Pineapple Express-60% Sativa, 30%indica 10%ruderalis

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seed

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space? 2ft x 4ft x 71 inches

Soil or Hydro? Dro bro

Size of light? Viparspectra p2000 2x4 coverage in flower

Is it aircooled? No

Temp of Room/cab? Shooting for 83

RH of Room/cab? Shooting near 70 after seeds pop

PH of media or res? 6

Any Pests ?

How often are you watering? Res change weekly

Type and strength of ferts used? Local. Comparable to GH, non urea derived however opposed to gh
Liquid kool bloom
Z7 from flying skull
Hydroguard
Great White mycos

Bucket Size - 5 gallon

Lights - 1 viparspectra p2000

Exhaust: @marshydro 4inch throttle controlled & an extra fan/filter combo ordered

Flower time: Northern Lights 50 days

Pineapple Express 60-70 days

# of Plants: 2

Apart from all that… I wanted to do another run of the Notherns to see what I can do with them. I had a bit of larf and small buds due to not having a uniform canopy so I figured I’d do ole NL some justice and see what they can do with a lot more training. I’m happy to be here on @420 I first signed up on this site almost 10 years ago in 2013 but I’ve revamped and changed my name since.

Pineapple Express x Ruderalis
Blend10% Ruderalis, 30% Indica, 60% Sativa
Flowering Time60-70 days
THC Content15%
CBD LevelLow
EffectsCreative, Happy, Relaxed
Best UseAnytime, Depression, Fatigue, pain management
FlavorFruity, Tropical
Indoor Yield400-500 g/m2
Outdoor Yield200-300 g/plant
Growing DifficultyEasy
Plant Sexauto-flowering feminized
Flowering TypeAutomatic
Where to GrowIndoor/Outdoor
Plant HeightMedium
Seed TypeAutoflowering Cannabis Seed
Afghani x Thai x RuderalisNL
Blend10% Ruderalis, 10% Sativa, 80% Indica
Flowering Time50-60 Days
THC Content19%
CBD LevelLow
EffectsEuphoric, Happy, Relaxed
Best UseDaytime, Evening, full body relaxation, mood elevation
FlavorEarthy, Pine, Sweet
Indoor Yield400-500g per m2
Outdoor Yield200-300g per plant
Growing DifficultyEasy
Plant SexAuto-flowering Feminized
Flowering TypeAutomatic
Where to GrowIndoor/Outdoor
Plant HeightMedium
Seed TypeAutoflowering Cannabis Seed
NL
7391F1CA-A31F-42DC-9324-1ABAB4E6FE8D.jpeg

E436F51F-9B08-424B-91AA-2A78AC5D2F18.jpeg

20CB0003-F643-48CD-95E8-A85B4B1A959A.jpeg

7BC92898-22DD-4A24-A499-2838F87D75BE.jpeg

27DEE14F-D55D-45E3-A52B-DE9AF83BFEE2.jpeg

5F027CBC-15B1-4AF4-AA56-420D3B23C64E.png

Shoutout to @Bill284 @Tokin Roll @FelipeBlu @Nine Toed Hippie @PlanetJ @7Dust2 @DonChiefums20 @bluter @Rexer @J Obadiah @Renaissance Man @LKABudMan and anyone else that has helped me on my journey through journaling cannabis! A special thanks to @420 for bringing us all together! I hope this message finds you all well and everyone is either in progress or getting ready for this season! There’s no place like home and www.420magazine.com is my home away from home!
Good Afternoon Venturisix hope you are well my friend.
I appreciate the tag , thank you very much. :thanks:
Nice equipment for this one.
Awesome. :yahoo:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

Hey Venturisix!

Awesome new start!

Best things for DWC- a chiller, black airlines, benifical microbes and Enzymes.
The microbes and Enzymes really do pay for themselves IMO.

Set your Scrog net up in advance, or around week 3. Let the plant grow into the net, and direct the branches outwards. The middle....keep pinching, supercropping as that's the spot to make sure it has a good direction for you to weave to...it will be the first to hit the net.
I've found with autos and a net...start with a quad, I've had less problems that way, it's easier to keep a level canopy.

Hey thanks for the tag. I'm getting ready to do the scrog exactly as Rexer described above, but with photo clones ;) Happy Growing.

Hey Venturisix!

Awesome new start!

Best things for DWC- a chiller, black airlines, benifical microbes and Enzymes.
The microbes and Enzymes really do pay for themselves IMO.

Set your Scrog net up in advance, or around week 3. Let the plant grow into the net, and direct the branches outwards. The middle....keep pinching, supercropping as that's the spot to make sure it has a good direction for you to weave to...it will be the first to hit the net.
I've found with autos and a net...start with a quad, I've had less problems that way, it's easier to keep a level canopy.
Thanks that’s super helpful! I haven’t began my research into scrog much yet but I’m pretty excited to do so! I haven’t got a chiller this year yet but that may be my next purchase for sure. In the winter I didn’t have to worry about it much as the concrete slab is cold then, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I suppose I did forget to mention my supplemental was well. Hydroguard, z7 and great white as well as some liquid kool bloom. It’s good to see ya though!

Hey thanks for the tag. I'm getting ready to do the scrog exactly as Rexer described above, but with photo clones ;) Happy Growing.
I can’t wait to scrog honestly! I had quite a bit of larf that I had no problem smoking last time but the only way to grow from here is up! You always seem to be busy with something lol I check up on your page while on break :)

You guys know the timeline. Slow going right now. These babies have been in paper for about 16 hours. I’ve got time which is good because there’s a lot to be done before now and planting. Procrastinating is one of my vices. I still need to wipe down the tent from last go lol. Bleach or alcohol I gather should do the trick. I’ve got a few more seeds coming in the mail and secretly I’m hoping one of these babies doesn’t pop lol. I realized after the fact that both the strains I picked were sub 20% thc and now I’m more eager to test out this 26% white widow. The cards have been dealt, we’ll see what the flip entails.

Happy Thursday. One more day

9E6F715E-D6FE-4296-B1C1-376FE983B979.jpeg

So I want to do a chiller. I don’t want to do an Rdwc, and I don’t want 2 chillers. I’m thinking of a tray so to speak to set the buckets in that I can chill. Near 4 foot long and 2 wide, perhaps 5 or so inches deep. I can add a chiller that will act as a barrier for the hot concrete pad. Id cover the water from light but other than that, what do you guys think? 2 buckets chilled with one chiller. Possible?

@Tokin Roll i believe you may be the one with knowledge on this. I have browsed many journals with the keyword chiller and you come up often on many. I’ve taken a look at yours in your journal and you mentioned the degree difference in 5 gallons but what about my idea, a shallow long pan, I can’t imagine there’s 5 gallons in there but there is more surface area to be heated. I was looking at getting your brand as well and it seems to be priced at 200$. If this doesn’t work, I’m not sure I’d like to go forward during summer. 200$ is a cost I’d rather not spend but if there is little hope, there is little hope..

So I want to do a chiller. I don’t want to do an Rdwc, and I don’t want 2 chillers. I’m thinking of a tray so to speak to set the buckets in that I can chill. Near 4 foot long and 2 wide, perhaps 5 or so inches deep. I can add a chiller that will act as a barrier for the hot concrete pad. Id cover the water from light but other than that, what do you guys think? 2 buckets chilled with one chiller. Possible?
Somebody asked about that a while ago and got a really good response.

Hope this help, I haven't gotten around to building it yet, but bookmarked it for the future.

I asked about that a while ago and got a really good response.

Hope this help, I haven't gotten around to building it yet, but bookmarked it for the future.
That’s an idea. Not much unlike a thumper or worm? I believe it’s called in the “moon” light business affairs. Though a worm would cool 2 tents I’m not that complex. Just one tent 2 buckets. There shouldn’t be much to it. A pan, only thing plumbed would be the chiller itself. I’m just chilling a 3 foot long square of water maybe a few inches deep.

I was thinking something along the lines of this. The buckets sit in there and the little bit of water will be chilled, chilling the buckets; a respite from the hot slab
Edit: I think this will work. It’s 10 gallons, so I’ll fill it halfway up, 5 gallons. I don’t see a problem honestly
E3EA3A17-0DAC-4FA8-99D3-6F65CBE9F6CF.jpeg

@Tokin Roll i believe you may be the one with knowledge on this. I have browsed many journals with the keyword chiller and you come up often on many. I’ve taken a look at yours in your journal and you mentioned the degree difference in 5 gallons but what about my idea, a shallow long pan, I can’t imagine there’s 5 gallons in there but there is more surface area to be heated. I was looking at getting your brand as well and it seems to be priced at 200$. If this doesn’t work, I’m not sure I’d like to go forward during summer. 200$ is a cost I’d rather not spend but if there is little hope, there is little hope..
The Nova Tech ice probe worked out nicely doing DWC during the summer. As long as the ice probe is submerged it should work.

I just checked and you are right the price is up to 200.00; I don't remember paying that much.

I will say this is the way to go if you don't have the money for a larger chilling unit.

1657665718072.png

If there is any thing else about the unit you are curious to know, just ask.
Here's the link.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Back
Top Bottom