Verb’s DIY Mini 1 Gallon DWC, Tangerine Dream Auto, Mainlining Experiment

3/9/2022 Journal update

Hello 420fam, growers and followers!
Updates been lacking on this side as well.
Last week was the PK boost week. Kool Bloom has done an awsome job! I went up to 1050ppm but couple days ago noticed theres some Ca and/or Mg def symptoms visible on the foliage.

Now the res runs again at 1.5 EC / 750-800ppm. Upped CalMag dose to 0.85ml/L incase that would fix the deficiency. Lol that would be the cherry on top of the cake if this plant would get blossom end rot due the lack of Calcium. :nervous-guy:

Shes 65 days old today in middle of the 10th week.
If the buds keeps swelling still after 70 days, then I might give her a one more Kool Bloom week (11th week) then 12th would be the flushing/ripen.

So I’m hoping to wrap this up in 80 or 85 days. Strain info says this should flower for 7 weeks, but I’d say this pheno is more likely about 80-85 days plant rather than over 100 days.

The central cola had to be supported with the ties to make it stand properly. Most of the branches going to need some support soon :popcorn:

Tent temp: 22.5C
Canopy temp: 25C
Water temp: 18-19C
RH: 38-45%
pH: tends to drop down to ~5.4 in 12hrs / reseting to 6 for now

And couple pics from day 65 - 3/9/2022:

Have a nice sunny wednesday. The spring is comming!

Thanks for stoppin :love:

- V

Looking frosty Verb!
Thanks bruvva! Tangerine frosty sugar bby.

Hell they look great if they needed extra time I'd give it to her lol
Obv :cool: just cba with +100 days plant if the nugs are ripen and trics amber enough after ~85 days. New gigs needs to be started soon and I’m bout to take the auto tent down after TD finishes.

3/14 Journal update

Greetings 420family, followers and growers!
It’s been a minute again. TD had a PK boost between weeks 9-10. Last four-, five days I’ve kept the reservoir TDS low as 600-650ppm as I let the plant chew that Phosphorus and Potassium. She did good! Nugs swell noticeably and now I’m planning for one more 5-7 days PK boost during the 11th week. Then the 12th could be ripen and water diet befor the chop.

Not much else to say. Heres lil pic dump.

Day 66:

Day 68:

Day 70:

Thanks for stoppin by!
Appreciate all the feedback :love:

- Verb

Hey V!

Looks good, i Smoked some TD over the weekend, what a nice treat! And yours looks like its going to be even better!
Hi Rexer! And thanks for stoppin by :)

Tangerine Dream is a sativa leanin hybrid and I found that consumers has reported this strain to relieve pain and help with the anxiety! I’ve been eating benzodiazepines (Xanax & Rivotril) for a bit over two years now. And havin to pop these sedative drugs, they slowly killing me from inside…
So I’ve already cut multiple test twigs and I’m like REALLY hoping for that this strain could help me to at least lower my drug dose.
Insofar I get positive results or find the strain to relieve anxiety, then I’m could make some oil/wax for the vape or basicly anything to replace the benzos!

Sure looks nice and sounds tasty as it gets Verb! Getting girthy too! :bong:
Hello StoneOtter, glad to see you around.

It actually smells like a tangerine!
I had basicly no expections when I started to grow this strain in that mini DWC. Didn’t expect to get this far, and now it looks like this pheno definitely goes into my top#3!

I’m more into indica dominant strains but this indeed could have some wanted medical effects. :yummy:

Tangerine Dream is a sativa leanin hybrid and I found that consumers has reported this strain to relieve pain and help with the anxiety! I’ve been eating benzodiazepines (Xanax & Rivotril) for a bit over two years now. And havin to pop these sedative drugs, they slowly killing me from inside…
So I’ve already cut multiple test twigs and I’m like REALLY hoping for that this strain could help me to at least lower my drug dose.
Buddy I feel the same, and the constant search for better strains.
So far, the absolute best Ive had that helps mood and pain, is Blue Dream. Oddly enough, I've yet to grow any, I'll get around to it. Luckily it's an easy score at local dispensaries.
Insofar I get positive results or find the strain to relieve anxiety, then I’m could make some oil/wax for the vape or basicly anything to replace the benzos!
Edibles. To me when the shit gets real bad- Edibles all the way. Then a good smoke session and I'm feeling better.

Rosin is the next path for concentrates that I'd like to go down :cheesygrinsmiley: . I've been watching StoneOtter make his own Rosin carts and I'm really getting the itch....just need the $$ lol.

I hope some of what works for me, helps you brother

Buddy I feel the same, and the constant search for better strains.
So far, the absolute best Ive had that helps mood and pain, is Blue Dream. Oddly enough, I've yet to grow any, I'll get around to it. Luckily it's an easy score at local dispensaries.
Shit are you on meds also?
I’ve been lookin whole weekend for two different photo strains which I’m gonna grow in Hempys and autopots next.
Godam hard to find one which has actually a good genetics and could possibly have a medical effects to relieve anxiety.
My local looks to have Blue Dream photos available. gotta read more about that strain. And the clones!! If I manage to find at least close to perfect pheno I can clone it long as I want.

Edibles. To me when the shit gets real bad- Edibles all the way. Then a good smoke session and I'm feeling better.
Tru! Didn’t even think about edibles. I just had the general idea on my head ”what would be the quick cure for anxiety”. - a quick hit from the vape.. Edibles would last a lot longer and therefore the effect could be more even.

3/21 Journal update

Hola Amigos! :ciao:
Updates been lacking on this side as I haven’t had nothing revolutionary to tell.

I’ve been ”PK boosting” again for the past ~week. Kool Bloom (liquid one) goes with the 1.75ml/L dosage. Reservoir TDS: 950-1100ppm / EC: 1.9-2.2

Tried to reduce Micro dose as I slowly want to start decreasing Nitrogen amount. Looked up and TD should show up some nice hue on the leaves towards the end.

Buds are still swelling and new calyxes bursting out all over the flowers - some of them starts to look like a foxtails soon.
TD auto should flower for 8-10 weeks and this mini monster is on day 77 and has been flowering for almost 7 weeks now.

Couple photos from past week:

And last night had to cut off that little juicy test twig!
Aroma is very fresh and fruity.
Hard to say anything about the medical effects yet, but the high definitely lifts up the mood and this smoke suits very well for the first bowl of the morning.
The high just after the smoke rises steadily, it wont necessary hit you straight away.
Gotta write a proper smoke review about this strain as we get that far.

Have a nice monday 420famz!
:passitleft:

- Verb

3/24 Journal update

Hello 420mag.
TD is getting close to the finish line. Actually very impressed how smooth and well everything went using sucha small reservoir.
Small reservoir requires a lot more work to maintain, but I found the small reservoir has many benefits. Easier to dial in the perfect nutrition and mixing two liters every two days wont waste the nutrients. Would be cool to run some kind or RDWC system with small buckets when getting back to cloning.

3/24/2022 is Tangerine Dream auto’s 80th day above ground.
So yesterday I was scoping for the trics and noticed theres already a decent mix of amber and cloudy ones.

Thats pretty much of the mix that I’m looking for :cool:

Now it’s time for the drougting again! This morning left about 0.5L of solution in the bucket and I’ll empty the whole reservoir later today.
64FBF455-1113-4988-A21C-24B681ACACF7.jpeg

For the first initial drought period I’m aiming for at least two days, happy if I can make it to three. After the plant has some major wilting I’m just going to hydrate it only to the extent to make the leaves perk up again. Then she gets the second drought and that time we aiming for plus three days.

And couple pics of her:

With flash:

All the feedback, comments and questions are much appreciated.

Thanks for stoppin by

- Verb

3/26 Update - Drought day 3

Ciao contadino!
TD auto’s 3rd day of drought stress - this morning noticed theres some major wilting and leaves felt slack.

Shes under @Mars Hydro TS1000 dimmed to 100% and shes getting about 800umol/s.
Tent temp being on the colder side 20-21C during the lights on and RH being low as 35%.

Mixed ~0.8L water with 0.5ml CalMag and 3ml Terpinator just to hydrate her enough so the leaves perk up again.

After about 3-4h later she looks happier again and leaves feeling rigid.
So now its time for the second drought stress period. This time we’re aiming for at least plus three days, happy if I can make it to four or even five.
892FD742-1995-4A16-B4F1-47842C92B4A4.jpeg

Trichomes check!
Fug me, scope light is broken so can’t get proper shots. Kinda blurry pics, but amber trichomes shows up anyway.
ABD29E74-53DB-4F7E-904D-98090A12875B.jpeg

A1EFCC50-F43B-4531-A94F-35D4A904B7E6.jpeg

Colas starting to have a very dense and rock hard nugs. The odor is relatively mild, but Ive noticed she smells a lot more when temps being higher - like 24C or above.

Tangerine Dream is an evenly-balanced hybrid bred from G13, Afghani (both indicas), and Neville's A5 Haze, a sativa. This exceptionally potent strain's THC level averages around 22% but can reach a staggering 25%. However, its CBD level is much more modest, with most samples containing just 0.10%.
as this strain was crafted to meet the demands of medical patients. Uplifting and euphoric, it provides consumers with mental clarity while deeply relaxing muscles. Tangerine Dream typically flowers in 8 to 10 weeks and features a citrusy aroma.

She on day 82 or 83 today. I guess 90 days could be the goal and harvest day! We’ll see in what condition the plant is after the 2nd drought stress.

Have a nice saturday fam!
Grow well and stay medicated

- Verb

:laugh: Dimmed to 100% innit.
4B6480B4-DB22-4282-8425-B16D43EB1487.jpeg

unfortunately it is no longer very dim…

A Finn would say ”volyymit kaakossa!” :rofl:

PS. Looks like TD didn’t handle the second drought stress good as she did the first one.
She got kinda droopy and slacky 3-4h after limiting the water again.
I guess she didn’t revert fully from the first initial droughting.

So I let her swim over night in about 1L of mild solution.
And now we on the second drought stress!

Happy sunday Felipe and Fams :meditate:

3/26 Update - Drought day 3

Ciao contadino!
TD auto’s 3rd day of drought stress - this morning noticed theres some major wilting and leaves felt slack.

Shes under @Mars Hydro TS1000 dimmed to 100% and shes getting about 800umol/s.
Tent temp being on the colder side 20-21C during the lights on and RH being low as 35%.

Mixed ~0.8L water with 0.5ml CalMag and 3ml Terpinator just to hydrate her enough so the leaves perk up again.

After about 3-4h later she looks happier again and leaves feeling rigid.
So now its time for the second drought stress period. This time we’re aiming for at least plus three days, happy if I can make it to four or even five.
892FD742-1995-4A16-B4F1-47842C92B4A4.jpeg

Trichomes check!
Fug me, scope light is broken so can’t get proper shots. Kinda blurry pics, but amber trichomes shows up anyway.
ABD29E74-53DB-4F7E-904D-98090A12875B.jpeg

A1EFCC50-F43B-4531-A94F-35D4A904B7E6.jpeg

Colas starting to have a very dense and rock hard nugs. The odor is relatively mild, but Ive noticed she smells a lot more when temps being higher - like 24C or above.

She on day 82 or 83 today. I guess 90 days could be the goal and harvest day! We’ll see in what condition the plant is after the 2nd drought stress.

Have a nice saturday fam!
Grow well and stay medicated

- Verb
Gosh I miss this plant!!!! :(:yummy:

She was on day 85. And by the trichomes it was nearly perfcet. It woulda been chopchop that weekend.. I was really looking forward to the harvest of this plant because it had a proven medicinal effect on mood.

Tangerine Dream is a next must strain when we able to get back into growing after the current one.

I think these pictures were never uploaded here.
There she was under "Drought stress test" day 5.
Look at those rocks! :drool:
BD64B337-6909-4AA3-8515-B61656968D33.jpeg

175AFC35-9025-4831-AA57-3C0D6537039A.jpeg

69DBF9CC-67C1-4457-8D5B-6BD3E10388C2.jpeg

CA9C2BFF-DCF7-4463-A82E-F921A954AF1C.jpeg

Whenever I'm like half throwing the growth round so then I'm getting awsome results, like this. And when I'm actually trying it somehow goes down hill at some point. *shrugs* :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom