Verb's Gorillas In Hempy Buckets - Under QB288 240W LED

Hey V. Just caught up and seen this dreadfully news. Me and Andrea are genuinely gutted for you. Got to stay strong brother, easy to say and hard to do, I know.
I just wish there was something we could do for you two. Keep us updated mate.

Speak soon

No apologies necessary my friend.
Let that be a lesson to people in apartment buildings.
Take some trim and rub it on all the fire doors in your apartment then all the doors on your floor.
After a while they will get fed up and fek off.
Sprinkle it everywhere to confuse their dogs.
I'm just glad you are safe. :love:

:Namaste:
Bill
Meh I wish they’d even left some trim…. But heh thats a good ”trick”. :D
How are you doing my brother?

Hey V. Just caught up and seen this dreadfully news. Me and Andrea are genuinely gutted for you. Got to stay strong brother, easy to say and hard to do, I know.
I just wish there was something we could do for you two. Keep us updated mate.

Speak soon
Hi Paul and Andrea! :love: I appreciate your support.
Wifey got over it pretty fast as I took all the charges to my neck although both of our names are on the lease.
Well I’m still feeling pretty shit. The mental loss really made a deep wound in me.

That's F'd up bruv. Hang in there. Big love from all of us.
Thanks Braddah :Namaste: All of your support means a lot.

Cops didn’t touch my seed collection - because and fortunately, the seed collecting is no longer illegal in Finland. So I had still some spare beans. And Gorilla Glue is still THE strain which I really want to try and grow.

Strains are:
- 2x FastBuds GG#4 Autoflower
- 1x @Barney's Farm Gorilla Glue autoflower

And whats the best choice regarding my current loss-loss situation, than Hempy buckets! Cheap, silent, easy to maintain and money efficient option. @FelipeBlu Would be super cool if you could keep an eye on, at least one eye, half opened, on my first hempy experiment.

Hempy-style buckets:
- 2x 5L (a bit over gallon) Buckets:
• Full capacity 5L / Pot height: 9"
• 1L ”reservoir” / hole 1.5" from the bottom & reservoir filled with Hydroton
• Bottom layer (2/3) is filled with #2 perlite and top layer is fine #1 perlite
Res layer:
AA561361-A30C-4674-8E1A-5256EB70507C.jpeg

Mid layer:
45738937-5B0B-46A7-9442-F876C0F65A0C.jpeg

Top layer / ready for transplant:
5C83DAC4-ECB2-4FA6-81BB-D4B5F524957A.jpeg
Medium is 100% perlite.

- 1x 2L Coco/perlite Hempy bucket:
• 70/30 mix of coco/#2 perlite
• Reservoir hole 1" from the bottom / res capacity ~0.35L
• Res filled with Hydroton

FastBuds Glues are planted in 5L Hempys and Barney’s GG in 2L Hempy.
4/11/2022 FastBuds GG’s six days above ground and Barney’s Glue on day 4:
DDFCB1FE-C26B-40A3-AA43-68B69FC2253E.jpeg

3E122AB6-4F8B-4FF2-922A-0075B23E1A2B.jpeg

The current ”grow corner” is made from the tent floor parts and left overs that cops left. Notice, this is a temporary solution untill the plants starts to flower/smell. I’ll be upgrading as needed and buying a new tent, carb filter & ventilation in 3-4 weeks.
- passive intake: 125mm tube attached to mount duct so I can let cool CO2 rich air in for the plants.
Looks kinda poor right now, lol.
1264A7A3-5B4F-4E26-8175-447E667FFDDA.jpeg

Current lighting is 2x 100W flood LED panels (4000K/warm white color temp).
Those panels having a small and shitty heat sinks above so mounted a computer fans to make them cool better.
Theyre 20" above the plants and getting 450-470ppfd to the ”hotspots” with Photone app.
673653FE-E33F-4A33-B6F7-A122CCDBCE55.jpeg

For the flowering I’m considering to switch into Cool tubed 250W HPS (2700K color temp). The bulb is only used for one round, about 8-9 weeks. Only thing is the Cool tube, fan and carb filter wont fit horizontally in 2x2 tent (thats the size I was planning to put them in), as the cooltube is already 20" wide… Maybe if I manage to find 2.5x2.5 tent, then that’d be a good option, but not the most traditional size.
Some decent 100-200W full spectrum or ~3500K QB Led would be the best - but aint spending many hundos for this growth.

Rebuilding feels shit, mark my words. :nomo:
But we’ll see if we can pull out something out of this.

Thanks for the support my 420fam!
- V

Meh I wish they’d even left some trim…. But heh thats a good ”trick”. :D
How are you doing my brother?

Hi Paul and Andrea! :love: I appreciate your support.
Wifey got over it pretty fast as I took all the charges to my neck although both of our names are on the lease.
Well I’m still feeling pretty shit. The mental loss really made a deep wound in me.

Thanks Braddah :Namaste: All of your support means a lot.

Cops didn’t touch my seed collection - because and fortunately, the seed collecting is no longer illegal in Finland. So I had still some spare beans. And Gorilla Glue is still THE strain which I really want to try and grow.

Strains are:
- 2x FastBuds GG#4 Autoflower
- 1x @Barney's Farm Gorilla Glue autoflower

And whats the best choice regarding my current loss-loss situation, than Hempy buckets! Cheap, silent, easy to maintain and money efficient option. @FelipeBlu Would be super cool if could keep an eye on, at least one eye, half opened, on my first hempy experiment.

Hempy-style buckets:
- 2x 5L (a bit over gallon) Buckets:
• Full capacity 5L / Pot height: 9"
• 1L ”reservoir” / hole 1.5" from the bottom & reservoir filled with Hydroton
• Bottom layer (2/3) is filled with #2 perlite and top layer is fine #1 perlite
Res layer:
AA561361-A30C-4674-8E1A-5256EB70507C.jpeg

Mid layer:
45738937-5B0B-46A7-9442-F876C0F65A0C.jpeg

Top layer / ready for transplant:
5C83DAC4-ECB2-4FA6-81BB-D4B5F524957A.jpeg
Medium is 100% perlite.

- 1x 2L Coco/perlite Hempy bucket:
• 70/30 mix of coco/#2 perlite
• Reservoir hole 1" from the bottom / res capacity ~0.35L
• Res filled with Hydroton

FastBuds Glues are planted in 5L Hempys and Barney’s GG in 2L Hempy.
4/11/2022 FastBuds GG’s six days above ground and Barney’s Glue on day 4:
DDFCB1FE-C26B-40A3-AA43-68B69FC2253E.jpeg

3E122AB6-4F8B-4FF2-922A-0075B23E1A2B.jpeg

The current ”grow corner” is made from the tent floor parts and left overs that cops left. Notice, this is a temporary solution untill the plants starts to flower/smell. I’ll be upgrading as needed and buying a new tent, carb filter & ventilation in 3-4 weeks.
- passive intake: 125mm tube attached to mount duct so I can let cool CO2 rich air in for the plants.
Looks kinda poor right now, lol.
1264A7A3-5B4F-4E26-8175-447E667FFDDA.jpeg

Current lighting is 2x 100W flood LED panels (4000K/warm white color temp).
Those panels having a small and shitty heat sinks above so mounted a computer fans to make them cool better.
Theyre 20" above the plants and getting 450-470ppfd to the ”hotspots” with Photone app.
673653FE-E33F-4A33-B6F7-A122CCDBCE55.jpeg

For the flowering I’m considering to switch into Cool tubed 250W HPS (2700K color temp). The bulb is only used for one round, about 8-9 weeks. Only thing is the Cool tube, fan and carb filter wont fit horizontally in 2x2 tent (thats the size I was planning to put them in), as the cooltube is already 20" wide… Maybe if I manage to find 2.5x2.5 tent, then that’d be a good option, but not the most traditional size.
Some decent 100-200W full spectrum or ~3500K QB Led would be the best - but aint spending many hundos for this growth.

Rebuilding feels shit, mark my words. :nomo:
But we’ll see if we can pull out something out of this.

Thanks for the support my 420fam!
- V
Good morning my friend.
I was so happy so hear from you this morning.
I'm just glad your ok.
And don't have bars blocking your view. ;)
Good luck Mucker, we are all rooting for Ya.:cheer:

Stay safe
Bill

Very good to hear from you Verbalist. Good luck on your new grow.

Good to see you back, Verb! :high-five:

And trying hempy! :yahoo:

First hempy tip:
I usually don’t start my plants in such a big bucket - I up-pot from solo cups to larger after they get a root system established. You will probably want to fertigate/flush out that bigger reservoir every 3-4 days for a while since small plants won’t be able to empty it for a longer time - and a stagnant reservoir can lead to rot.

Hey V!

Great seeing you on and rising above the situation :hug::high-five:

If you haven't done so already, maybe consider a good weather proofing kit for your hallway door? Make it air tight. Then the sniffer in your building can't sniff shit.

Either way, I'm happy to see your doing OK brother:)

Good morning my friend.
I was so happy so hear from you this morning.
I'm just glad your ok.
And don't have bars blocking your view. ;)
Good luck Mucker, we are all rooting for Ya.:cheer:

Stay safe
Bill
That warms my heart :love: You’re sucha great person Bill! Wish we actually meet some day:passitleft:

Very good to hear from you Verbalist. Good luck on your new grow.
Hey LKABudMan! First thing I noticed a new title below your name ;) I bet very well deserved, and it’s only the first of many!
Haven’t been much around here lately, feel me? So looks like I’ve missed a thing or two.
Trying to get more active again as the plants starts to grow more. But anyway congratulations for the title and I appreciate your care. :green_heart:

Good to see you back, Verb! :high-five:

And trying hempy! :yahoo:

First hempy tip:
I usually don’t start my plants in such a big bucket - I up-pot from solo cups to larger after they get a root system established. You will probably want to fertigate/flush out that bigger reservoir every 3-4 days for a while since small plants won’t be able to empty it for a longer time - and a stagnant reservoir can lead to rot.
Aloha Felipe! I’ve actually missed you and our conversations :hug:
And I knew that you’d like to see this first hempy experiment. ;)
About the buckets; I chose to keep them as a final containers. Haha, you may wonder why do I even bother to grow something in 2L root space. - Well had couple weeks time to do some research and found out that people have yielded 3 and tops about 4oz using sucha small hempys. And then about the 5L ones, well thats a half of the traditional 10L/2.5g Hempy bucket size.
So; small buckets - keeps the plants small and hopefully squat. And a bit less root space for the autoflowers make them mature faster. And then autoflowers generally just for the faster growth rate.
I believe there is pros and cons of the small Hempy buckets, BUT I’ve already found a handful of good tips/tricks for small Hempys how to get most of out them and how you could benefit from more frequent watering.
Also as I posted above; my current growth hardware is very limited and definitely nothing special right now.
I’d like to scale it down for a bit. This is sadly my last grow round now for a while (might be gone by the mid summer for 3 or 4 months) and you prob know the reason.

Anyway Hempy king’s every hempy advice is more than welcome. And most likely needed at some point! :)

Hey V!

Great seeing you on and rising above the situation :hug::high-five:

If you haven't done so already, maybe consider a good weather proofing kit for your hallway door? Make it air tight. Then the sniffer in your building can't sniff shit.

Either way, I'm happy to see your doing OK brother:)
Hi brother Rex! I’ll be checking your sweet harvest later tonight. It looked so sweet!

Hah that would be a good one! You and Bill came up with nice ideas :D But I believe the carb filter and strong enough fan will do the job. As it starts to warm up there so windows can be left open for a while so the smell wont get to the hallway like during the cold winter.

And I actually did contact to the Green league and they asked me to inform them how the whole situation proceed. Theres nothing they can do right now, but incase (which most likely wont happen) things would start going side ways bad time, then some of them would step up.

Anyway good to see you Rexer :love:

Hey Verb - good to see you back in business bro
Hey Growings and thanks :) How you like about the small buckets? Didn’t you like to grow in smaller buckets as well?

Oh and today picked up my 420magazine gift package from the post office finally!
Thank you @420 Rob! :green_heart: The biggest 420mag sticker will be the first thing that you’ll see when I’ve got the new tent and setup.
PS. My wifey already fell in love with the Foods Alive Hemp seeds :laughtwo: They actually taste pretty good!
931E50A3-4A2A-46C4-BBBF-C82893235D1E.jpeg

420mag represent :cool:
F871C312-8F69-4669-B1C9-2C533EC615D6.jpeg

I really do appreciate all the support from you guys. :love: Myy 420fam!

- V

That warms my heart :love: You’re sucha great person Bill! Wish we actually meet some day:passitleft:

Hey LKABudMan! First thing I noticed a new title below your name ;) I bet very well deserved, and it’s only the first of many!
Haven’t been much around here lately, feel me? So looks like I’ve missed a thing or two.
Trying to get more active again as the plants starts to grow more. But anyway congratulations for the title and I appreciate your care. :green_heart:

Aloha Felipe! I’ve actually missed you and our conversations :hug:
And I knew that you’d like to see this first hempy experiment. ;)
About the buckets; I chose to keep them as a final containers. Haha, you may wonder why do I even bother to grow something in 2L root space. - Well had couple weeks time to do some research and found out that people have yielded 3 and tops about 4oz using sucha small hempys. And then about the 5L ones, well thats a half of the traditional 10L/2.5g Hempy bucket size.
So; small buckets - keeps the plants small and hopefully squat. And a bit less root space for the autoflowers make them mature faster. And then autoflowers generally just for the faster growth rate.
I believe there is pros and cons of the small Hempy buckets, BUT I’ve already found a handful of good tips/tricks for small Hempys how to get most of out them and how you could benefit from more frequent watering.
Also as I posted above; my current growth hardware is very limited and definitely nothing special right now.
I’d like to scale it down for a bit. This is sadly my last grow round now for a while (might be gone by the mid summer for 3 or 4 months) and you prob know the reason.

Anyway Hempy king’s every hempy advice is more than welcome. And most likely needed at some point! :)

Hi brother Rex! I’ll be checking your sweet harvest later tonight. It looked so sweet!

Hah that would be a good one! You and Bill came up with nice ideas :D But I believe the carb filter and strong enough fan will do the job. As it starts to warm up there so windows can be left open for a while so the smell wont get to the hallway like during the cold winter.

And I actually did contact to the Green league and they asked me to inform them how the whole situation proceed. Theres nothing they can do right now, but incase (which most likely wont happen) things would start going side ways bad time, then some of them would step up.

Anyway good to see you Rexer :love:

Hey Growings and thanks :) How you like about the small buckets? Didn’t you like to grow in smaller buckets as well?

Oh and today picked up my 420magazine gift package from the post office finally!
Thank you @420 Rob! :green_heart: The biggest 420mag sticker will be the first thing that you’ll see when I’ve got the new tent and setup.
PS. My wifey already fell in love with the Foods Alive Hemp seeds :laughtwo: They actually taste pretty good!
931E50A3-4A2A-46C4-BBBF-C82893235D1E.jpeg

420mag represent :cool:
F871C312-8F69-4669-B1C9-2C533EC615D6.jpeg

I really do appreciate all the support from you guys. :love: Myy 420fam!

- V
Isn't that something :rofl: Talk about timing.
O Brother it broke my heart when that happened to you.
After the situation I had this summer I can sympathize with you. :love:
But you have a great attitude about it and that's important.
PMA BABY PMA.
Who knows what will happen one day.
It would be nice to get together.
What is green league? Lawyers?
I might have missed it.
Great talking to you Amigo. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Hey, Verb.

I've been trying to hold my tongue, but all the well-wishes have loosened it.

I know nothing about the laws in your country, but I can't believe that it's a good idea for you to jump back in with a case still pending. Not in your country, not in any country.

"Your honor, we've been told that the subject is growing weed again already and you have yet to issue a final ruling on his last offense."

If I'm way wrong or way out of bounds, please forgive me. As I said, I've been trying to hold my tongue. :straightface:

Of course, I wish you well with your grow.

But I really wish you well with your livelihood!

@Verbalist - yeah, 3L pots is standard for me
Gets a bit crowded down there, but I have still pulled 4oz per plant a couple of times, average is 2-3oz but that's fine with 9 plants perpetual, 4 weeks apart to allow for hanging - plus I do need to use the bath occasionally lol

Isn't that something :rofl: Talk about timing.
O Brother it broke my heart when that happened to you.
After the situation I had this summer I can sympathize with you. :love:
But you have a great attitude about it and that's important.
PMA BABY PMA.
Who knows what will happen one day.
It would be nice to get together.
What is green league? Lawyers?
I might have missed it.
Great talking to you Amigo. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
Sorry for the late reply Bill! I’ll send you a DM later tonight as I’m not feeling to share everything public here.

Hey, Verb.

I've been trying to hold my tongue, but all the well-wishes have loosened it.

I know nothing about the laws in your country, but I can't believe that it's a good idea for you to jump back in with a case still pending. Not in your country, not in any country.

"Your honor, we've been told that the subject is growing weed again already and you have yet to issue a final ruling on his last offense."

If I'm way wrong or way out of bounds, please forgive me. As I said, I've been trying to hold my tongue. :straightface:

Of course, I wish you well with your grow.

But I really wish you well with your livelihood!
Hello GDB! Late reply, my apologies.
I really do see your point there and I truly appreciate your care and way how you think! :hug:

Even tho ”the case” is still open I’m 99% sure that I will be fined for the outcome, and thats end of the case. There is too many cases for the court if every caught grower would have to go through that tough legal process.
Thats just the way how these things being handled here right now. They don’t have resources to put me under some futher investigation - So this everything was just a bad luck which happened to me this time, and I myself am partly to blame… Should have used a proper air filtering.

Common sense maybe would say that take a break for a moment, but well, ehh my time is limited for cannabis cultivation right now. And I really do want to harvest one more yield before I’ve to stop growing for a while.

@Verbalist - yeah, 3L pots is standard for me
Gets a bit crowded down there, but I have still pulled 4oz per plant a couple of times, average is 2-3oz but that's fine with 9 plants perpetual, 4 weeks apart to allow for hanging - plus I do need to use the bath occasionally lol
Yee thats kewl :) And especially autos mature faster in smaller pots IMO.

4/18 Journal update

Hello 420fam, friends & followers.
Haven’t had much to update as we slowly getting pass the seedling phase.
Today 4/18 FastBuds Glues are 13 days old and Barney’s Glue on day 11.

Heres couple pics from the past week:
4/15/2022 Day 10:
E3884911-8E82-417F-BDED-51E41DE1F709.jpeg

4/16/2022 Day 11:
2DBE4552-EC56-4DE8-AE4F-1EC469C40E33.jpeg

One FastBuds GG has some slight def/lockout foliar symptoms. Nothing major she keeps growing! (Day 11)
FC050424-87E2-4A0A-8AEB-50E6D91B256C.jpeg

4/18/2022 Day 13 FastBuds & Day 11 Barney’s:
F46153F2-7912-4596-9A20-3587F52116D7.jpeg

And do I remember right that @N420 was the expert using Photone app? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I’m still running the free version of Photone (so don’t have all of the light sources available yet - buying the Pro version as soon as I get chips on my icloud acc)
So I’m only having access to select either: Inc. reg/halogen, CMH 4200K or CFL. As I’m currently using 100W Led panels which has 4000K color temp so I’ve used the ”CMH 4200K” selection for now.

So I’m being a bit confused because the CMH 4200K -option gives me about 450-500ppfd at 12" distance (which sounds kinda accurate), BUT if I switch into ”Inc. reg” or ”halogen” then the PPFD jumps up to 800-900.
69E1C05F-5E7F-4FA4-B0DD-DDFCFF292ABB.png

So any idea which result is more reliable?
Because for that stage 400-500ppfd gives me almost 30 DLI, as I’m having 20/4 light schedule. Optimal DLI is about between 20-30.

If the PAR is actually high as 800-900 thats results almost 60 on DLI.

…And what I’ve read that especially autos if running longer schedules for example 20/4 lights, they thrive the best between 500-700PPFD which gives an ideal DLI (18-20h lights on) between 25-35. And you don’t really want go much over that without additional CO2 supplementation.
I’m having a passive tube bringing air in for the plants but CO2 ppm is still moderate low at atmosphere it’s around 400-420ppm and inside the house usually max 390ppm.

They usually showing little signs of droopiness couple hrs before the lights go off. So I’m wondering if am I giving them too intense light (which feels wierd because the LED panels are 100W flood leds with 4000K temp. Or is it because of the shitty spectrum that they can’t benefit enough and waste light turns into heat?

Thanks if anyone have the knowledge regarding PAR and/or Day light integral!

And have a nice monday. 4/20 almost here! :green_heart:

- Verb

Sorry for the late reply Bill! I’ll send you a DM later tonight as I’m not feeling to share everything public here.

Hello GDB! Late reply, my apologies.
I really do see your point there and I truly appreciate your care and way how you think! :hug:

Even tho ”the case” is still open I’m 99% sure that I will be fined for the outcome, and thats end of the case. There is too many cases for the court if every caught grower would have to go through that tough legal process.
Thats just the way how these things being handled here right now. They don’t have resources to put me under some futher investigation - So this everything was just a bad luck which happened to me this time, and I myself am partly to blame… Should have used a proper air filtering.

Common sense maybe would say that take a break for a moment, but well, ehh my time is limited for cannabis cultivation right now. And I really do want to harvest one more yield before I’ve to stop growing for a while.

Yee thats kewl :) And especially autos mature faster in smaller pots IMO.

4/18 Journal update

Hello 420fam, friends & followers.
Haven’t had much to update as we slowly getting pass the seedling phase.
Today 4/18 FastBuds Glues are 13 days old and Barney’s Glue on day 11.

Heres couple pics from the past week:
4/15/2022 Day 10:
E3884911-8E82-417F-BDED-51E41DE1F709.jpeg

4/16/2022 Day 11:
2DBE4552-EC56-4DE8-AE4F-1EC469C40E33.jpeg

One FastBuds GG has some slight def/lockout foliar symptoms. Nothing major she keeps growing! (Day 11)
FC050424-87E2-4A0A-8AEB-50E6D91B256C.jpeg

4/18/2022 Day 13 FastBuds & Day 11 Barney’s:
F46153F2-7912-4596-9A20-3587F52116D7.jpeg

And do I remember right that @N420 was the expert using Photone app? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I’m still running the free version of Photone (so don’t have all of the light sources available yet - buying the Pro version as soon as I get chips on my icloud acc)
So I’m only having access to select either: Inc. reg/halogen, CMH 4200K or CFL. As I’m currently using 100W Led panels which has 4000K color temp so I’ve used the ”CMH 4200K” selection for now.

So I’m being a bit confused because the CMH 4200K -option gives me about 450-500ppfd at 12" distance (which sounds kinda accurate), BUT if I switch into ”Inc. reg” or ”halogen” then the PPFD jumps up to 800-900.
69E1C05F-5E7F-4FA4-B0DD-DDFCFF292ABB.png

So any idea which result is more reliable?
Because for that stage 400-500ppfd gives me almost 30 DLI, as I’m having 20/4 light schedule. Optimal DLI is about between 20-30.

If the PAR is actually high as 800-900 thats results almost 60 on DLI.

…And what I’ve read that especially autos if running longer schedules for example 20/4 lights, they thrive the best between 500-700PPFD which gives an ideal DLI (18-20h lights on) between 25-35. And you don’t really want go much over that without additional CO2 supplementation.
I’m having a passive tube bringing air in for the plants but CO2 ppm is still moderate low at atmosphere it’s around 400-420ppm and inside the house usually max 390ppm.

They usually showing little signs of droopiness couple hrs before the lights go off. So I’m wondering if am I giving them too intense light (which feels wierd because the LED panels are 100W flood leds with 4000K temp. Or is it because of the shitty spectrum that they can’t benefit enough and waste light turns into heat?

Thanks if anyone have the knowledge regarding PAR and/or Day light integral!

And have a nice monday. 4/20 almost here! :green_heart:

- Verb
Omg veb what a post.
So happy to see you knocking it out of the park.:bravo::adore::adore::adore:
Go put your feet up my friend.
You deserve a break.

Stay safe
Bill

Thats just the way how these things being handled here right now. They don’t have resources to put me under some futher investigation
I certainly respect your judgement Verb. You know your legal system.

I almost regret my previous post, but I don't!

I'm just an opinionated geezer who sometimes can't remain silent, and I accept that.

I hope that you do too, my friend! :ganjamon:

Hey Verb, good to see you back on the horse again! I’m glad to hear they won’t be following up with any legal action other then a fine!

As far as your Photone question I did try to use the Cmh setting because like you I Veg under a 4000k led but found the readings were out to lunch, if I remember correctly it was reading way higher then expected. I use the full spectrum led setting when taking my readings. I start my plants at about 150 Ppfd when they are young and max out at about 500 Ppfd by the end of Veg. I look for what looks like the beginning of Ca deficiency on the upper most growth to tell me if the light is to intense.

If you don’t have access to the full spectrum led setting yet you could give lux setting a try, somewhere around 8000 lux would probably be best for your girls for the age they are.

Hope it helps.

Edit: thought I would add the recommended lux for each stage of plant growth
  • and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux

Omg veb what a post.
So happy to see you knocking it out of the park.:bravo::adore::adore::adore:
Go put your feet up my friend.
You deserve a break.

Stay safe
Bill
Keep pushing forward! You wont achieve shit if you aint tryin. ;)

I certainly respect your judgement Verb. You know your legal system.

I almost regret my previous post, but I don't!

I'm just an opinionated geezer who sometimes can't remain silent, and I accept that.

I hope that you do too, my friend! :ganjamon:
My own judgement is not the best because of my nature, but gotta live with that. :laughtwo:

And do not regret! I really do appreciate the way how you think it. Thats the healthy common sense. :love:

4/20 Journal update

Howdy magazine and happy 4/20/2022! I don't know if the culture or habits has changed in US in recent years as cannabis has become more legalized. - Here in Finland as it still remains illegal, and well heh you can see what can happen if you grow in here… But one very traditional thing happens every year here in Capital; hundreds of people, sometimes over thousands gather together in the big ass park and every one smokes - thats pretty much the only time police ”allows” it. Obviously if cops see some 2ft bongs or something similar then they intervene on it.
And Green League (political party) may organize a 420 march.

But back to the main subject. :cheesygrinsmiley: Hempy Glues!

FastBuds GG#4’s autos in 5L Hempys are on day 15.
I guess their roots are getting down to the res as the growth has accelerated a lot in past two days.
I’m flushing/changing the res water every two days so the water wont stay too stagnant. Now the res has been pretty much empty for the past 12h. I’ve been misting the top only so the lower/mid perlite layer gets moist.
Their feed is already about 1.2-1.5 EC / ~600-700ppm.
C4B395BA-0FA4-4BDE-8045-BB8F7F81B17C.jpeg

And the GG#4 on right (haven’t decided any names for them yet :D) has soo tight node spacing! I actually tooked up more about the 4000K color temp’s spectrum as it provides over 90CRI and how cannabis likes it. More about that below.
9767A60E-2795-49F1-910E-2C49F2A59ACD.jpeg

84ED00CE-F984-4380-B031-038A94F7C8F8.jpeg

And @Barney's Farm Gorilla Glue auto in 2L Coco/perlite Hempy is on day 13.
This one also has a very tight node spacin, even tho the 3rd one is just bout to open.
Lower leaves having some odd looking spotlets. I guess it could be because of the sun/UV. She maybe got sunburn! :laughtwo:
Coco/perlite mix looks to be holding water very well. Been only misting the top layer and puoring the excess water off from the bottom hole. She doesn’t necessary need the res water yet - as coco wicks it up pretty much.
4D1336D3-BD70-4876-B097-CF10D3F288FB.jpeg

E678300C-1349-43DD-91DD-964F0E1AB59D.jpeg

So far I’ve loved the easiness of Hempys! Really waiting to see that when the plants start to drink more from the res and the growth explodes.

Hey @N420 and thanks for the care :ciao:
As far as your Photone question I did try to use the Cmh setting because like you I Veg under a 4000k led but found the readings were out to lunch, if I remember correctly it was reading way higher then expected.
I upgraded to the pro version so all the different options are now available.

Also took a little deeper look into 4000K temp spectrum. The spectrum is pretty much this; it has blue and 460nm peak intensity and on the red side 620nm has the peak. It also has a lot waste wavelengths between 500-550nm. But otherwise very ideal spectrum for veg growth
E3F066E9-347C-4F4B-A0D0-0657D21CAAB5.jpeg

So I’m currently running two 100W 4000K Led panels (hanging 12" above canopy) and heres some data from Photone.

PAR meter under the hotspot gives me 550-600PPFD and about 250-350 on the edges in max 1x1 area. PAR ~500Umol/s with 20/4 light cycle results in about 35-40 DLI. That might be a bit too much for this aged plant? :D
And notice; used the option ”LED full spectrum” for this measurement. If I choose ”LED White/Blue” it gives about 50-70Umol/s more.
71EE2747-7399-4102-8CE8-D9F3CFC5566D.png

And the Color temp CCT also looks very accurate:
CD82247F-3065-4D16-A23B-171C91AA876E.png

somewhere around 8000 lux would probably be best for your girls for the age they are.

Hope it helps.

Edit: thought I would add the recommended lux for each stage of plant growth
  • and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
As mentioned above, lights lowered down to 12" above canopy the two LED’s at the center gives 31000lux! :yahoo:
That might be a little intese for them right now, but +30K lux during the veg should be enough for mid sized plants. So that could be a good compromise.
94E676F2-70E2-4B99-8403-6E9D521B1633.png

I’d have a cool tubed 250W HPS 2100K temp for the flowering. Cool tube might bee too big to fit in 2x2 tent so been looking for some cheap about 100Watt QB’s as that would be enough for the small space without extra CO2 supplementation.
For the spectrum 4000K Led and 2100K HPS combo would be the best, but heat could be bottlenecking then..

And haven’t tested the HPS outputs yet, but the Super Plant’s 250W 2100K bulb should provide 34,500lm and about 600-700PPFD on hot spots at traditional 60cm/25" distance. With cool tube I remember the lamp could be close as ~40cm/15".

Woah, that was sucha morning post :nomo: Drank three cups of coffee and smoked two bowls whilst writing this.
Have a very happy and smoky 4/20-day all my brothers, sisters and friends! :love:

- V

Holy shit your running an HLG light? I have like three of their lights---my local shop carries them.

Awesome to know that you're not being hauled off to Chateau d'If for your treasonous weed affairs.
Whahah, I only wish! :laugh: Shit is expensive AF in EU.

I’m currently running two 100W led panels (pic below) Their heat sinks are so shit so assembled fans on top of them to cool them better.
0A5EC017-1981-4195-9490-0CEEAB3CD655.jpeg

Their spectrum is just 4000K as for example one of HLG’s 125W QB with 4000K spectrum, so just took the spectrum chart from there. Google 4000K spectrum and it gives pretty much same kind of graphs.

So yeah I’m broke as hell right now :laughtwo: Just trying to get thru the veg with these panels and for the flowering might have to switch into old 250W HPS.

But the bright side is; 200W in total at about 10-12" distance provides pretty decent PAR (HLG’s ~100W QB would prob provide same kind of results)
6755A9AB-2684-4133-B657-8EFA69ECE419.png

And the lux output is pretty high (about 15K per panel) as theyre ”flood leds”.
7C82E3D3-1AFE-4123-ABAA-745206D60637.png

So yeah their pretty crap, but should do the trick in veg.

PS. Journo update prob l8r tonight as I get back to home. Gorillas growin fast right now!

- V

4/23 Journal update

@FastBuds Gorilla Glue #4 auto’s on day 18
@Barney's Farm Gorilla Glue auto on day 16

Howdy folks!
Glues doing their veg things and expecting them to start kind of stretch phase with in a week (at the end of the 3rd week) At least the last GG’s started to stretch after ~23 days.

And this 4000K spectrum’s blue light yields massive sized leaves! :cheer: Side branching looks to be slower with this spectrum compared to full. But I could actually benefit from that incase the pheno stretches a lot - and what I’ve seen Gorilla Glue stretches A LOT.

I’ve upped their feed to 1.5-1.7 EC / ~800ppm. Yesterday drained their reservoirs completely as tried to up the Mg ppm with the new feed.
5L buckets res holds about 0.7L water and small bucket only about 0.3L - trying from now on how well they drink from the res. Is it realistic to expected the 5L bucket’s res ~0.7L to be empty in two days?

Heres the gorilla gang groupie 4/23:

GG#1 the smaller one:

GG#2 one day difference 4/22-4/23:

And Barney’s Glue having some deficiency progressing. For me looks like Mg - hopefully their new feed gets her back on the track

Might have to sort out the tent and filter size dillema during the next week.
I’d like to fit them in 2x2 tent and scrog them and maybe setup a gravity feed for the flowering perioid. Cooltube just wont fit in 2x2 tent…:rolleyes:

Anyway have a nice weekend fam :ciao:
- Verb

Back
Top Bottom