Vermont patients?

sLiCe

Gov. Jim Douglas (R) let S.7, the bill to improve Vermont's current medical marijuana statute, become law without his signature. This will help many suffering Vermonters by adding conditions under which patients can qualify to use medical marijuana. Previously, Vermont's law was the most restrictive of all the states with medical marijuana laws, because only patients suffering from cancer, HIV/AIDS, or multiple sclerosis could qualify. Under the new legislation, the state will add serious conditions that cause nausea, wasting, chronic pain, or seizures to the law. Do we have any patients from Vermont on the board?

im actually in Ma,but need help as well.I qualify for medical mar ,but i guess since i live in the most uptight state in this country, my suffering will continue ...its just not fair!

Where ya been goodie?
MA just passed a decent decrim bill, droppping posesssion of < 1 oz to a civil ticket type infraction - that sounds like a good sign to me. At least now you can posses w/ relative impunity. Maybe check w/ your local enforcement agencies and see what there stance is...discreetly of course.

thanks for the reply! Iunderstand the new law ,and its a step in the right direction,but this still a far cry from being to able to obtain without hassle.

wanted to also ask you since we were talking about it .Heres a question for ya,even though in mass one would not be busted for a oz or less,does this also pertain to mail order from another country or state even though weight wise itwould fall within the oz limit?

Hell No! - Unfortunately you're talking interstate transport of a federally controlled substance across state lines - putting you squarely in the jusrisdiction of the - well you know where.....

Otherwise a road trip back frm Cali w/ a years supply would be a reality....

check out the details of your Mass law - I'mn sure you'll find some nice legal 'nuggets' in it....

re holy2411: "In order to apply for a patient ID, you must first have a written medical marijuana recommendation from your doctor"

This is not really true though most folks who read the law think it is. I had no idea how my dr. felt about the use of pot so I included a letter with my MJ Registry form for medical caregiver (it doesn't have to be a physician; e.g. PA or NP) and said the following:

Dear Dr. X,

I would very much appreciate it if you would complete the enclosed “Marijuana Registry” form. It is not a prescription for marijuana or an endorsement of its use. I am only asking you to state that we have a physician/patient relationship and that you have been treating me for “a medical condition that is chronic and debilitating and that produces severe, persistent pain”.

He filled out the form and didn't think pot use was a big deal. But, even if he did, he SHOULD have filled it out because it doesn't require the medical care giver to endorse pot in any way. As I said in the letter, it is NOT a prescription; it only states that you have a real "dr/patient" relationship and are being treated for certain conditions that qualify for the MMJ Registry. It really isn't as big a deal as it appears.

Whats up Phil?

I Think there are over 500 VT Med tokers. The absence of dispensaries makes all the green mntn. mini farms blossom. There seems to be little to no networking, discussion or blogs in this state. Everything is hush hush (f'n conservatives) I've been a legal member of the club since April, 2012. Been through a lot of trials and tribulations.......mites, powder mildew, hermaphrodites....I (knock on wood) may finally have a good strain that will finish by Christmas. Merry Mary
Dan

Back
Top Bottom