Vertical Grow With Turntables - Autos & Regulars - Organic

Perfect Sun LED

Okay, so first, a bit about this new set up.

Lights -- Two vertical hanging lights, both 600w, top one is HPS, bottom is MH. This mixed spectrum, I believe makes for denser buds.

Soil/Medium -- Coco by botanicare and 50% mixed in perlite. I use the brick coco, so I soak it in ph 6.0 water, plus 200ppm for calmag.

Ferts - 100% organic time release pellets that go by the name of b1, although, they contain no b1. They have NPK, micros, beneficial bacterias, amino acids, etc. They are awesome. They take about 2 to 3 weeks to run out, then you have to top dress with more. I top dress first with just a few as seedlings, then add a bit more once they get larger, then I do 1/2 oz per gallon of medium or size of the pot, then 1oz per size of the pot. I also add about 150ppm of calmag every other feeding or so.

Turntables -- Plants are on turntables that slowly turn around, so that all the plant is exposed to the light. This also allows me to place the plants closer to the bare bulb without burning the plants because the light is never hitting the same area for very long. I made the turntables, using Christmas tree, rotating stands and 18inch round wood from Home depot, plus gorilla glue.

See the recent update of the vertical turntable grow here

video soon to come, it is rendering.

Both autos are the same age. Day 37 for both Autos the age is from when the seed sprouts.

Here is a photo of the Auto WW under the vertical turntable system I came up with.

12-9-ww.jpg

Here is auto AK-47 under the same styem

12-9-ak47.jpg

I start the plants off under a t5, then place them next to a vertical hanging 600w hps, and turn them every few days, to get them used to the vertical system, then I place then on the turntables, around the two 600w bulbs as described under Lights.

Have to go swimming. More pics to come soon.

Here is the update to the vertical grow, ak47 and white widow. Trainwreck and critical 47 will be shown in the next update, once they recover from my big mistake of spraying in the grow room with raid for flies and gnats. I didn't think it would harm the plants, but, I was wrong. So I had to pick off lots of bad leaves, now waiting for new growth to fill in.

Makes me so sad to see such a full and dark green beautiful plant suffer so much. I think she will pull through. Trainwreck is already doing mostly well again. Just waiting for her to resume growth, but at least she looks good.

re: Vertical Grow With Turntables - Autos & Regulars - Organic

I planted three strains of autos to take their turn on the turntables after the plants now are finished.

1.Dinafem White Widow, yes, another one because I know this strain is a strong smoke and a good producer. I'm trying to find the best strains to run for a perpetual grow. White Widow auto by dinafem is on the list so far. I think Dutch Passion atuo Mazar made it as well. It is a great produce, lots of frost and red hairs, and patients say it is very stony. Problem is, it is a 90 day strain. Perhaps 85 under great conditions.

White Widow auto is an 75 day strain, maybe 80. That is from my own personal experience. I dig it so far. it is very stony too, at least from Dinafem.

Advanced Seeds, Biodiesel Mass - Haven't grown this one yet. Well I started to, then remember the mice ate it? Giving it another go. Can't wait to see the time it take, the yield, and strength.

AutoSeeds, Candy Kush - I have high hopes for this one as it is a mix of the best kush from Cali mixed with the famous auto pounder. Stony and big yield is the claim.

I don't have high hopes for the ak-47 auto, which should be stony, but I doubt a big producer. The Auto AK-47 on the turntable right now is from Royal Queen Seeds, in case anyone is wondering.

I have the three seeds I bold above between two dinner plants, with wet paper towels, which is then on a professional heat mat for seedlings. After their pop, I will place them in their final 5 gal air pots, not smart pots. Air pots are the ones with the cone holes all over. That is where they will spend the rest of their life, in my typical 50/50 perlite coco, and now organic pellets. Soon, I will do a WW test with in air pots, one with 100 coco, one with 50/50 coco perlite. Everything else will be the same.

Day 46 of Auto White Widow and AK-47

The White Widow is doing awesome. I will have to measure how tall it is, but it looks to be a bit over 2 feet. Hopefully, this one pulls 3oz or more. I know it will pull at least two. Maybe I shouldn't say "I know" because I might curse the plant.

The AK-47 is barely a foot if that. Talk about shorty. Maybe it will produce an oz anyway? Most autos can produce at least an oz in a 5 gallon, so I think she will pull it off.

Based on experience with the auto WW, she should start to have full buds by day 60.

I never have grown the Royal Queen Seeds, Auto AK-47, so I don't know what to expect. I'm guessing an oz.

Slight change to the next lineup of seeds. I accidently forgot to keep the paper towel wet, so now I remember why I don't germinate seeds upstairs. I kill seeds by forgetting about them. When they are in my room, I never forget about them.

So, next up is still Auto Seeds, auto Candy Kush, Advanced, Biodiesel Mass, and Il Diavolo by umm, Delicious, I believe.

It is a mix of Critical and Rutiuallis, which auto flowers, in case some of you were wondering where the auto flowering part comes from. Rutiuallis is also known as hemp.

Trainwreck is fully recovered. Critical is growing again, new nodes and leaves, etc. She should fill in nicely soon.

Day 48 of autos on turntables.

Here is a pic of the AK-47. Very short plant. Great for closet grow. It is by Royal Queen seeds. It is budding, and is 11 inches tall. The top cola will grow taller, but not too much, I don't expect. I will see what the max height gets to. She grew without any strain, no stunting, very vigorously.

The leaves that point down, I have tucked, a training method I use instead of cutting leaves. This way it opens up light to hit all the buds without causing stress to the auto. You don't want to stress autos.

12-20-ak.jpg

Auto White Widow is almost 2 feet tall, at 22 inches. She will reach two feet or taller once the tallest cola grows more.

You can see the top buds and very bottom buds are developing nicely, showing the turntable vertical grow method works.

12-20-ww1.jpg

12-20-ww2.jpg

I just watered all the autos, and the regular trainwreck. Critical 47 needs a few more days to dry out because she is in an 18 gallon pot. I will switch the room over to 12-12 soonish.

btw, I transferred my veg room into my flower room. I am going all autos for a while. My goal is to turn out a pounds every cycle, about 40 days, or at least 12oz.

I will have a video update soon, plus a video about how I get good yields from autos, my tips and tricks.

Awesome grows. I have just finished reading all your journals and will continue to following along for sure. I have decided to go with autos also and am still researching the best way to go about this. The MMJ laws in my state are pretty restrictive and it makes it hard to grow non autos unless you want only 1 strain all the time. We are restricted to 3 plants in flowering and 4 non flowering total, no additional clones or anything and are limited to having 1oz ready to smoke at any one time also. So as you can imagine the combination of the plant limits and ready to use limit makes u get creative if you want to remain legal. Luckily I am an engineer by trade and like challenging design problems. So far I have bought a MarsII 140x5watt led full spectrum and ordered some auto seeds some that you have like the candy kush and white widow along with some jack herer, blueberry, haze and a couple others to try. I am still trying to decide between a 4x4 tent and a 5x5 and haven't picked my nutes or soil yet. I am planing on planting 4 at a time and culling out the runt as they start flower for my first batch then starting one at a time early enough so as the new one goes into flower the one it is replacing it being harvested. Since Autos seem to have on average a 3 month grow cycle I should be able to get to a point where I am harvesting one auto each month keeping me within the plant and ready to use limits. What ever I get from each harvest over an ounce I just plan on turning into hash or edibles since I usually go through at least 2oz a month to keep my medical condition under control. Any tips you have would be great you seem to be one of the more accomplished Auto growers I have found on here so far. I will be starting journal soon just waiting for my seeds and lights to get here so I can get going! Thanks for the info and sorry if I hijacked your thread :thumb:

Have you started your candy kush yet? I am pretty excited to try this one :D

Smokey, thanks for stopping by. Feel free to share all about your grow here. I wish this site had an area dedicated to just autos. :)

I am germinating a Candy Kush right now. For some reason the other seed I just tried didn't germinate. However, the Biodiesel Mass and the Il Diabolo are both in coco now, have germinated and should sprout soon.

Smokey, thanks for stopping by. Feel free to share all about your grow here. I wish this site had an area dedicated to just autos. :)

I am germinating a Candy Kush right now. For some reason the other seed I just tried didn't germinate. However, the Biodiesel Mass and the Il Diabolo are both in coco now, have germinated and should sprout soon.

Great thanks! Do you have a link or any more info on those B1 organic tablets. I tried to google for them but it seems to come up with everything under the sun except them. It looks like you are getting really good results from them and your medium mix so I am planing on just copying your nute / medium setup for my starting point. I know the autos have a different feeding schedule and amounts and since I don't have any experience with them on my own its awesome to have a proven starting point that works!

Smokey, they are a pretty new product. You can ask a few of your local hydro shops to see if they have them.

I can't give out the main guys number, but if you give me a number to a local hydro shop, I could call them and give them the info on the pellets, and the ceo's number so they might order some.

However, I have had great results using general hydroponics micro and bloom only, using a modified Lukas formula. I got almost 3 oz off a white widow that I had stressed out badly, using that formula.

I prefer the organic pellets for flavor and laziness.

Smokey, they are a pretty new product. You can ask a few of your local hydro shops to see if they have them.

I can't give out the main guys number, but if you give me a number to a local hydro shop, I could call them and give them the info on the pellets, and the ceo's number so they might order some.

However, I have had great results using general hydroponics micro and bloom only, using a modified Lukas formula. I got almost 3 oz off a white widow that I had stressed out badly, using that formula.

I prefer the organic pellets for flavor and laziness.

My GF just reminded me yesterday that I have a tote FULL of advanced nutrients in the garage from my last go around. I kinda thought they got lost in the move or that I would never find them again but she knew right where they were, I knew I kept her around for something :D I have a couple litters of each part Connoisseur, plus all the stuff up through the expert level. I know the Voodoo juice will need replaced but I think the rest of it should be fine. It is about 2 years old and the caps have been on them tight while in storage. I didn't really have any problems when I was using this before so I think im gonna give it a try on the Autos unless this is a bad idea for some reason ? I prolly wouldn't spend the money on this stuff this time around but since I already have it and it was damn expensive I might as well use it up if its ok to do so.

Will do thanks. I was reading last night on an auto-flower journal that he believed that the length of veg time was related to total hours of light instead of days. He was saying that when he used 20/4 or 24/0 he would get very little plants that flowered within two weeks. When he dropped to 12/12 he got four weeks of veg and much larger plants. This is the first I have heard of this theory but that is not saying much either as I just started researching them recently. Have you experienced anything like this or played around with your light cycles?

I have played around with light cycles, but not too much.

That last mazar that I got 3.2 oz off of, I did 18-6 it's whole life. It was grown in perlite and coco.

One thing I am testing for the Il Diavolo (if it sprouts, been two days) and biodiesel mass, is I am growing them under the 600watt hps right away. I am skipping the t5 all together. I usually grow them under a t5 for a good few weeks before placing them under a 600w. I am curious to see if it makes a difference it how they grow.

The Grow Pro has been doing lots of experiments with autos on Youtube. He thinks he gets bigger yields when he starts his plants under 24 hours under a t5-t8 or even t12, for a few weeks, before putting them in 18.

He tried all light cycles from 24, 20, 18, 16, even 12, and said 18 works the best. He only does 24 for the first week or two. I can't remember if he even does 24 under the t8's to be honest, but I know he grows them 18 hours once under HID.

update

Planted Il Diavolo seed in a five gallon air pot, in 50/50 coco perlite on dec 24, I think. Hopefully it sprouts soon.

Biodiesel Mass is 7 days old.

I just watered the White Widow and AK-47 for the first time with a PK booster by Alaska, organic, 0-10-10. I fed about 350ppm.

I watered the seedling, seed, and Trainwreck-non-auto with just water and drip clean.

Day 55 of autos WW and AK-47

This is from the first sign of the seed sprouting from the coco.

Auto White Widow top nugs

12-27-wwtop.jpg

Auto ww update pic

12-27-ww.jpg

WW frost

12-27-budww.jpg

Auto ak-37

12-27-ak.jpg

Regular Critical 47. She is almost fully back, after suffering poison from bug spray, in which I had to cut all her leaves, to pretty much bear sticks

12-27-cr47.jpg

And the regular Trainwrech, which has such dark and shiney leaves.

12-27-train.jpg

The auto buds should start to fatten up around day 62

I have played around with light cycles, but not too much.

That last mazar that I got 3.2 oz off of, I did 18-6 it's whole life. It was grown in perlite and coco.

One thing I am testing for the Il Diavolo (if it sprouts, been two days) and biodiesel mass, is I am growing them under the 600watt hps right away. I am skipping the t5 all together. I usually grow them under a t5 for a good few weeks before placing them under a 600w. I am curious to see if it makes a difference it how they grow.

The Grow Pro has been doing lots of experiments with autos on Youtube. He thinks he gets bigger yields when he starts his plants under 24 hours under a t5-t8 or even t12, for a few weeks, before putting them in 18.

He tried all light cycles from 24, 20, 18, 16, even 12, and said 18 works the best. He only does 24 for the first week or two. I can't remember if he even does 24 under the t8's to be honest, but I know he grows them 18 hours once under HID.

I have done quite a bit of reading about light cycles for autos the last couple days, this is only what I have read as I have no experience growing autos but most people with solid auto experience said pretty much what your saying. Seems like more hours in early veg and also using veg spectrum to try and keep them in veg as long as possible before they auto flip. Then they like less hours, most prefer 18/6 as a good compromise between growth and resin production. Seems like to me dropping it even more in the last two weeks would be helpful too.

I was going to grow my veg autos and my flowering autos in the same tent so I wouldn't be able to play with the schedules as much and would just run 18/6 all the time. Now I am thinking of just running one batch of autos for my first batch while I am letting my soil cook (I ordered Doc Buds Hi Brix Kit) and starting out some permanent moms. If I can find some good clones instead I might skip the autos all together and go straight to a normal grow but I really wanna give the autos a try.

I was worried about keeping mothers and clones with my state limit but I have been reading that you can take clones as late as three weeks into flower with no problems. So if I take clones somewhere between the flip and and three weeks into flower it should be veged out and ready to go in the flower tent as the plant it came from is about two-three weeks away from harvest. Since they take at least couple weeks after the flip to actually show what the law would consider flowers I can get a head start on the next batch wile the old one is still finishing up. This should keep me under the legal limit and give a faster cycle than I can get even from autos with hopefully more consistent results.

Have you seen the Dragon Autos from Dragon Masters? They look fantastic!

I got my light today and I think my seeds are coming tomorrow :D I started my journal tonight if you wanna check it out when you get a chance. Link is in my sig. What breeder is your white widow from?

Thanks

I will check it out. Auto White Widow from Dinefem. It's the only auto WW I've grown. I would like to try Dutch Passions. I believe they have one that is supposed to yield well.

Dinefem's is pretty awesome. I hope this one produces well that is growing.

Back
Top Bottom