Vertical grows

SourSkunkD

lookin into vertical grows in comparison to a "normal" style, what makes a vertical better or is there not really an advantage?

Vert growing uses the light more efficiently. That is its upside, alone with to some degree that it CAN use space more efficiently too.

When you vert grow there are no hood reflections, you just have the bulb shining in a 360degree area around itself. While a regular bulb with hood will at most cover 180 degrees but probably more like 120 degrees. Plus hoods create hotspots and of course the light that was reflected becomes less effective.

If you classification of better is to use the lighting more efficient then yes vert is better. However there are reasons why vert may not be as desirable as well.

vert has a higheer upstart cost then normal indoor grows. It would require more technical and growing know how. Also small immature plants tend to not be as potent as a fully grown large plant. People who do SOG or vert grow small tiny plants and tons of them, they tend to not be as developed and potent as well as it ups your plant count if you are trying to grow legally.

Have been thinking vertical lately with a stadium/doughnut cross using less plants while I plan my indoor 2k build out. I wish there were more resources on the subject matter here on 420 or perhaps even a complete form or sub form dedicated to it. I am not into the store bought ready made versions but the custom set ups using various ideas and technologies. Just that some sites have a wealth of info on them but I am biased to 420! lol.

Peace,

Any2

Have been thinking vertical lately with a stadium/doughnut cross using less plants while I plan my indoor 2k build out. I wish there were more resources on the subject matter here on 420 or perhaps even a complete form or sub form dedicated to it. I am not into the store bought ready made versions but the custom set ups using various ideas and technologies. Just that some sites have a wealth of info on them but I am biased to 420! lol.

Peace,

Any2

look at "Mr Smith" for a good vert journal using homemade NFT system.

Here's some info on vert growing.
vertical-grow-systems-cannabis-233x300.gif

post-19-0-37133600-1348722044.jpg

Also - have a look at this thread i made. Scroll down and look at some examples.

Vertical Club?

I find it cheaper to do vert grows - you won't need any expensive hood. Just a bulb, some hanging gear and a circular fan. If you decide to make a doughnut - make sure u are able to turn your pots around for a better result.

Back
Top Bottom