Vertical T-5's or Just Reflective walls?

OldDoobie

Hey Everyone,

I've Been out of it for about 17 years, going to start a closet grow, size is: 8 ft high, 36 inches deep, by 41 inches wide

Should I use a T5 panel on each side wall (Vertically) in addition to my over head light or just put a reflective material on the the side walls?

Still deciding on the overhead light, think I want to stay with fluorescents for less heat, suggestions?

Thanks All

Joe

Hey Joe sounds like my setup ,about the same size . ( the one at my house anyway, the second set of pics is the spot lol ) It seems to be goin good but I think I have to much heat. Def for summer time grow , but this winter is doing good. Come spring im going all t 12s and leds in the closet though. It was a double closet , I put a wall between them and a new face wall on one of them. Put a window hole in it and covered it with a mirror . pretty fukin cool aint it ? any thing I can help u with just hollar. Im from syracuse origanaly !! Be crefull the info you post about yourself I mean . Havent heard of any probs , we dont like THEM PEOPLE aaround here . And they try to keep dem out , sweet lol !!! Good luck bro
095_2_.jpg
downsize_2_3.jpg
downsize_4_1.jpg
1211121311a.jpg
downsize_7_.jpg
downsize_8_.jpg

I cut a 20 inch square hole in ceiling sheetrock and scewed a 20 inch box fan to the ceiling blowing into the attic . Then i made a filter with rolled cotton ( like for making quilts ) and charcoal . works great
100_12296.JPG
100_12114.JPG
100_12548.JPG
100_12234.JPG
100_1182_2_.jpg
100_1214.JPG

boy it hurt like hell to top that pretty girl , but its for her own good !!!!
100_125911.JPG
100_12548.JPG
thats blue widow fenenized four weeks from seed ! what do you think ??

Hey Joe, did you go with the t-5s on the side? If so how many in what config? Or what did you use for reflective wall?
36 x 41 x 8' with that much light should be well heated, and intense enough to make good growth and bud. You have a little fan to keep the air flowing?
Yea, like I know.
I'm in week eight of my first grow and am thinking I'd use a bank of t-5 as side light, along with the HPS 1000 W I got for bloom room.
I understand there is a bloom t-5 and a veg t-5 type bulbs. Theres a lot to learn.
yep, so let us know.

Hello,

Never got an answer here, Getting ready to put my TAX Return to good use :)

How about it, can we get some help here guys?

Should I use a T5 panel on each side wall (Vertically) in addition to my over head light or just put a reflective material on the the side walls?

And what is the best reflective ? I have access to some real glass mirrors is that better than Mylar ??

Still deciding on the overhead light, think I want to stay with fluorescents for less heat, suggestions?

Closet grow, size is: 8 ft high, 36 inches deep, by 41 inches wide

Thanks All

Joe

Hey Joe..... Hope I can help; just got some good advice on another forum on much the same question as yours. I have (2) banks of 4 54W t5 lamps in the flower/bud area; they were a mix of 6500K tubes and 3000K tubes. I had a feeling they should be a little warmer to get a better quality bud and was told by numerous reliable sources to go all red with the 3000K tubes. It was also suggested to hang at least one verticle ballast on the side wall. My little area will now have 8 HO t5 3000K tubes overhead and at least one ballast hung vertically. I had access to 4x4 sturdy pieces of cardboard and covered them with mylar... easy to move around and reposition. Hope this is helpful... good luck, BD

Hey DaDa.... I just replied to joe's question and thought I would make a comment to your posting; I too am using T5 tubes and was using a mix of 6500K tubes and 3000K tubes in the bud area. good advice told me to go all red ( 3000K ) tubes in the bud room. 6500K being more appropriate for the veg cycle. hope this helps.... oops, I was also advised to hang at least one verticle ballast for side lighting. happy growing... !!! BD

Back
Top Bottom