very early trichomes

Reetafour

Hello all,
I've got a few plants in flower, but one has already shown trichomes 8 days into the 12/12. It's a moneymaker, indica. If I can load the pix you'll see the whole plant, and also a shot showing the rather sparse buds. The shot showing the trichomes is of the top bud on this plant. I'm afraid that she won't have time to fill out before she's ready for harvest. I'd like an early harvest for a higher high and less couch lock. There's a also an update of the tent from when I first joined up.
Using a 400W HPS, and several 2700K CFLs also, soil is Happy Frog, using organic nutes in airpots. PH at 6.5, temp at 81 and humidity at 45-55%. 2 moneymakers, 1 skunk haze II and two fruit punch. Am I worried about nothing and this gal will fill out or can I slow it down somehow. the glands are of course all crystal clear and barely there, but 8 days seems wickid fast to me. Thanks!
whole_plant1.JPG
bud_placement.JPG
top_leaves.JPG
room_shot2.JPG

And the problem is? haha :) keep doing what you're doing - looks great! Bottom pic plant on left looks like it may be getting slightly too much water or a very early stage Mg def indicated by petioles starting to show purple but looking awesome.

Thanks for the response, I thought I had checked off to notify me when someone responds but I'll check it and make sure. I'm happy with overall, but still a little concerned that the buds are kinda sparse. The purple petiole is actually on one of the MoneyMakers and one of the Fruit punches, but everything gets same feeding and watering and all get repositioned once a week. Hadn't noticed it, I'll keep my eye on it.
Thanks again.
After checking I see the petioles are only purple on the tops, facing the light. Any idea if that is normal?

yeah, that's fairly common, start to watch closer if it purples on the undersides and branches out into the leaves. and don't worry about sparseness, keep doing what you're doing and those babies will fatten up nice.

Back
Top Bottom