Very First Grow: G13 Haze, White Widow & some bagseed

that's how we do.... hahahah

thats right Mr.GorwitALL; straight cfls and MG soils (with a lot of assistance from the fourm)

thanks for the reply alwaysbuzzed, due to my financial situations i think i will be holding off on the hps for this grow. im using shoplights. what was the kelvin rating on your bulbs? cant argue with those results..:bong:

sorry I haven't updated my journal in a while. the plants are still hanging upsidedown drying.
I'd guess about 85-90% of the moisture is out of them already but I'm hoping to jar them up tomorrow night after I weigh them.

I've only smoked off two of the plants so far, amy and gavin.
Amy is pretty good by herself but Gavin is the killa dilla! one hit and you're zonked, there is no other way to explain it... its a full body high.

CFLs and flouro tubes work just fine if they're enough and they're close enough to the stuff. Check out my new journal, "Feminized Strawberry Cough:Grow #2"

been MIA for a while while I smoke off my stash.
haven't put anything on a scale yet, hopefully soon.
I've already gone thru a jar and a half of this stuff.

I've got seven distinct strains in what I consider to be four different grades.
There all pretty good by themselfs, IMO, but you have to catagorize even the best of the best.

so, I have my blunt weed which is the least potent. when I've had a stressful day and want to relax I'll spark a blunt and smoke it to the head. then, there is the middle grade stuff, it ranges from just above the blunt weed to just under the good stuff. this is my normal everyday weed. just above that is the "good stuff", its just that, GOOD STUFF! I smoke the good stuff after a nice hard day on the farm or when I just want to sit there and read a novel. FInally there is the killa dilla, the sticky icky, the stickiest of the ickiest. this is my top crop, I may be partial but I think its in the top three best buds I've smoked. I save that for special occasions.

i like that kinda thinking. lol

I have the lights about 5" from the tops of the cups.
should I go lower?

DSC02184.JPG

DSC02186.JPG

these are the bulbs I'm using. They're 48" long and I have four of them.

DSC02185.JPG

they put out somewhere in the 3000 lumes each. unfortunatley I bought some growing supplies before I found this site.

Should I trans plant each one of those suckers in its own 6" pot? if so, what kind of soil should I use? I bought some merical grow at the store but from what I've been reading on here its actually garbage

with the floros you're using you can keep them 1-2" max. away from the tips of the plants @ all times! 1" is ideal, as long as they aren't touching, but even if they touch flouros dont get too hott. they are ideal for veg stage! so ya lower them to 1-2 inches max. they will love it. u will have to raise them more, but then they wont stretch unnecessarily. you wanna keep the internode space as short as u can. so only raise the lights if you absolutely have to. usually you can bend the leaves down for a day or two before you have to raise, which prevents stretching too much and having huge internode lengths, and then u wont have a bushy plant, it will be skrawny and tall with unnecessary length between internodes, trust me, keep them short internode lengths, hence = bushy plant = key :)

I have the lights about 5" from the tops of the cups.
should I go lower?

DSC02184.JPG

DSC02186.JPG

these are the bulbs I'm using. They're 48" long and I have four of them.

DSC02185.JPG

they put out somewhere in the 3000 lumes each. unfortunatley I bought some growing supplies before I found this site.

Should I trans plant each one of those suckers in its own 6" pot? if so, what kind of soil should I use? I bought some merical grow at the store but from what I've been reading on here its actually garbage

i hate how everyone knocks MG. MG can be used fine, especially if you get MG organic, which has no ferts at all. it doesn't say anything about 2 months or 3 months feeding. but even MG moisture control and MG original works. trust me. i hate how ppl think you should spend outrageous amts of money to have foxfarm shipped to your house. i refuse. i will buy local only or make my own. much cheaper when u needalot of soil. thats what organic growing is all about, adding what the plant needs to the soil. such as earthworm castings, fish emulsions, sea kelp, etc. i've never seen a problem with MG. NEVER. so dont listen to the biased foxfarm people who are wasting their $

its been a while since I updated this thread...

Happy to report that I'm still enjoying the fruits of my labor. this being my very first grow it turned out better then I expected and I owe that all to the info and helpful people on this forum.

I will be starting my next grow jorunal hopefully within the next few weeks. this time I'm going to focus on quality more then quanity.

Back
Top Bottom