Very slow growth!

tyke

i'm a first time grower and i'm going for a "rustic" (a.k.a i'm poor as fuck) closet grow. i'm using soil and i'm testing out some ideas with using a bird manure soil mix (i heard bird crap had some great nutes) i use 2 100watt cfl's and once the sprouts got to about 5cm i moved form 24hr to 18/6.
but my problem is at first they shot up and was really impressed with the rapid growth but now they don't seem to be progressing too much. i see other plants at the same stage (10 days into veg) and they are much bushier with branches already forming but yet my little babies still look like sprouts.
is there anything ye guys can advise to help the growth of my plants without using store bought nutes? is there anything i'm doing blatantly wrong ?
tempatures room temp (probably hotter with the lights but they arent by anymeans too hot or too cold)

the strain is unknown as they were seeds i got off a dealer friend that were rolling around in his ounces.
any help will be greatly appreciated . :thanks:

Re: very slow growth !

First off you aren't giving us much info to go on. You didn't say anything about temps, humidity, number of plants.

Given what you've said:
Indoor soil grow
18/6 light cycle
2X100W CFL
10 days of veg

If you can post some pics that would be best.
Are there any signs of trouble other than slow/no growth?
Are you PH balancing and/or filtering the water?
How often are you watering?
What type/brand of soil are you using?
How close are the lights?
Pot size?
Light reflectors?
Temp/Humidity?
What color temp are the lights [K rating]? Veg should be 5000K to 6500K AKA bright white sunlight vs warm yellowish looking color.

Give us an idea of the growth rate, 10 days isn't very long. Mine shot up very fast, then kinda tapered off, one even stopped growing for a few days.

Basically the deal with a soil grow is that they don't need nutes for about 30 days [depending on the soil and watering] Also, when you move the plants to larger pots, you've got some fresh soil so you might not need nutes for quite a while.

Post up a pic or look at other's grow journals.

I'm doing a CFL/T5 grow right now. I'm about 5 weeks in and you can see the growth, light setup, fan setup, vents, pot size, etc...

Spending some time going thru people grow journals give a ton of useful info. I've show closeups of drooping leaves, under curl, brown spots, watering info, potting/root bind info, etc...

You can see my grow journal in my signature link.

Notice how close the bulbs are in both the clone closet and the primary grow area.

Use care with nutes, too much and you get nute burn or lock out. So far, I've cut back on the nutes and they seem to like it better.

Hey man. Unknown strains are always a gamble. I grew a seed I got from a friend and it took 5 months to grow and it got a foot tall AND hermied. I grew it in good conditions and all as well. It was very slow growth and I yielded 9 grams and it wasn't very potent bud at all. Maybe thats just my luck. But There's no cure for bad genetics man. That's my 2 cents.

KarlJay is right on the money, we need more info and some pics would really help. Honestly, I think you are just over worrying. 10 days is not a whole lot in terms of vegging. This early in their growth, however, you should not be using any type of fertilizer this early when they are so small. The plants are simply too young and you run the risk of burning the crap out of them. You also have to consider that you are using bag seed, it's a real gambit of what you get out of it. I'm growing two girls from the same bag and they could not be any different. The first one is a champ whom I'm cloning to eventually us the Rodelization technique because I love how bloody hardy she is. The second one is little miss prissy pants whom is the only one that gives me problems. SO you see it's a toss up of what you get.

Also, when you say " 2 100watt cfl's" are we talking about equivalent of actual wattage?

Back
Top Bottom