Very slow seedling growth?

grino21

20160314_220724.jpg

Hi if anyone could help it would be much appreciated. I have 5 seedlings and one of them is growing much slower than the rest(it germinated 2 days after the rest aswell)
In the pic you can see new growth coming through but it's barely grew at all. The first true leaves just seem to be getting bigger.

20160314_220742.jpg

That's a pic of them all its the one at the back as you can see alot smaller than the others. The one on the right I ripped all the roots so that's just surviving at the moment so that's why that one's trailing behind.

Hi Grino,

Can you give us an idea of how old your plants are? You mentioned the slow grower having popped 2 days later than others and age would give us some baseline.

I think I've come to the conclusion that plants are like a lot like kids. Same parents, same household/environment, can still turn out as different as can be! :rofl: You might just have a "late bloomer" on your hands.

Hi there 19 days old from seed I have a 250w cfl above them I'm growing in canna terra proffesional soil and the strain is white widow x big bud feminised.

Ah, well then at 19 days from seed I think your plants are fine. They might be a little on the smallish side but not much really.

I notice you have them in pretty large (for their size) smart/air pots. Are those 5 gallon?

Ah, good.

Starting early in larger containers can be such a double edged sword. You get the benefit of never needing to transplant and the potential growth lag that often accompanies it, but it makes it slightly more diffcult to fully soak the container and let it dry out. The plants use such a small amount of water at this stage that the soil/medium dries out slowly and plants start to drown.

I think your container size is just right to acheive a happy medium between the two extremes!

Congrats and happy growing!

Looks fine to me. I assume they're all the same strain, sometimes you'll see that when you pop multiple beans. It's a neat experiment. That slower one will probably catch up, who knows maybe of the five that's the best pheno in two months of veg. :thumb:

In the same breath, don't be afraid to cull it if it were to be a hassle. Sometimes it's best to cut your losses. But, I'd wait a while before deciding that with your case. The first month most of the growth is down below anyway, be patient. Happy gardening :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom