VetSmoke 4 Strain Grow With Mars Hydro & Geoflora

Here we are again. I think this will be my last full grow journal for a little while. Unless I'm persuaded otherwise.

I thought I'd use this one to showcase and thank a couple of our great sponsors that I've been fortunate enough to have received products from whilst journalling here. How lucky we are to have the likes of @Mars Hydro and @GeoFlora Nutrients, plus all the other great sponsors.

Details for this grow.

Tent- 50x90cm, possibly changing to the Mars 70x70 once that's finished my hempy grow.
Light- Mars Hydro SP3000, switching to FC3000 if the tent changes.
Media- Biobizz lightmix in 5.7L plastic pots.
Nutrients- Geoflora Veg & Bloom + Ecothrive biosys microbial tea.
Water- Tap water treated with Ecothrive neutralise.
Strains- Original Cheese (Big Buddha), Purple Dick (Cali seed store), Peanut Butter Cookies (Tastebudz), Gushcake (Nasha genetics).

I haven't decided on training yet as I'm planning a short veg and quick turnaround on these. Although the Purple Dick from @CaliSeedStore is flying so I might top her soon and let the others catch up a little.

Now for pics. They are 16 days old today and the most recent pic was taken yesterday. I popped 4 seeds directly into the pots and all 4 popped. I think I'll use this method from now on with soil grows. No messing around with soaking, paper towels etc.
PXL_20221002_181412714~2.jpg

PXL_20221004_211746497~2.jpg
PXL_20221007_204809604~3.jpg

PXL_20221009_145252427~2.jpg
PXL_20221012_075008502~2.jpg

PXL_20221013_204120551~2.jpg
PXL_20221014_201152124~2.jpg

I amended to pots with 3 tablespoons of Geoflora grow. They aren't very big pots so I will probably amend them more frequently than every 2 weeks.

Hopefully see some familiar faces and some new ones along the way. All are free to join in.

I'm here Vet! Looking forward to the show. :Rasta:

Here we are again. I think this will be my last full grow journal for a little while. Unless I'm persuaded otherwise.
Okay, here's my attempt to persuade you otherwise:

My cable company just announced (via email) the elimination of a channel. There was no forewarning, they just did it. Though I didn't watch that particular channel, I feel for the folks who may have liked and watched it.

Hmm. I'm thinking that may not have been very persuasive but I tried. :straightface:

No matter. There's no way I'm missing this grow that includes a obscenely named plant. :)

I'm here Vet! Looking forward to the show. :Rasta:

Okay, here's my attempt to persuade you otherwise:

My cable company just announced (via email) the elimination of a channel. There was no forewarning, they just did it. Though I didn't watch that particular channel, I feel for the folks who may have liked and watched it.

Hmm. I'm thinking that may not have been very persuasive but I tried. :straightface:

No matter. There's no way I'm missing this grow that includes a obscenely named plant. :)
🤣🤣🤣 Thanks GDB. I'll still be knocking about here but want to focus on other things instead of journaling for a little while. Probably only stick it out a few months.😂

Looking great bruva :green_heart: :circle-of-love:
Thanks bro! Great to see you here.
You don't hang about do ya Vet :cool:

You're brave - have you grown Cheese before?
You'll need a chimney the size of Battersea Power Station, but six of them :rofl:

BTW I get you mate, I will be having a break in Dec/Jan too
:Namaste:
Trying to squeeze this in before new year. Let's see how that works out.🤣

Well I just did that Pungent Skunk which is named aka Cheese and it wasn't so bad. This is Original Cheese though so I'll expect a bit more out of it. I've got a new filter waiting for flower.

Yeah there's just so many journals I'd like to follow and want to try and help others where I can. I'll journal again but fancy a break. Will give me time to think of something interesting for the return.
Well damn I'm certainly not going to miss the last Vet journal (for a little while), am I?

:ciao:

Said no man ever. Or very very few anyway...
Always a pleasure to have you with us Shed. I do appreciate your support.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 I knew this strain would be gold.😂

Apparently Cheese and Skunk were once the same strain.
It got named Cheese overseas because apparently not many knew what a skunk smells like.
But it's a bit ironic anyway since the Skunk strain is citrusy and sweet now whereas I've had stuff that smells like Cheese.
You can hear stories of people looking for that 'roadkill skunk' terpene and not being able to find it.

I remember when I was younger a guy on the school bus had a little baggy of weed and it stunk up the entire bus. I'm not sure what it was but it smelled exactly like a Skunk. I also remember another time rummaging through the bush because we thought we smelled weed... then a buddy yelled 'skunk!'. 😅

I think I'm going to be taking a break too, Vet. I'll try to follow along but if for some reason I'm not here to,
I just want to wish you luck and say I enjoyed following along with your other grow. 👋

Day 18. They're going. Not amazing, not bad. I'm content. I've shuffled them slightly. Which is which?
PXL_20221017_194715697~2.jpg

Just for a bit of fun I've popped a Jack Herrer seed in this Lego mug I drilled some holes in. See what it I can do with it.🤣
PXL_20221017_194746215~2.jpg

You moved the green one to the top right corner and the green one to the bottom left? Also, anything grown in a Lego cup should be supported in flower with Lego blocks. Seems only fair.
Spot on.🤣 Well yeah that does sound right to me.😂

Day 20. The Purple Dick is a beast😉🤣 The others are staying squat it seems. Pots are light so they'll be ready for a drink soon. I think I've topped 3 of the 4 now. Maybe all of them looking at the pic. I've been very high.🤣
PXL_20221019_213012786~2.jpg
PXL_20221019_213217619~2.jpg

HI Vet, looking good
I'b be cutting off those huge fans covering shoots [bottom left pic]
If you put a mesh in the tray under the pots, you can water more freely and leave the run off
Watering from the bottom ie just filling the tray works like a SIP system

So far so green!

And since nothing rises to the level of your Purple Dick, why not put the rest on pedestals to get them closer to the light? Might was well start now since this might be an issue for the rest of the grow, given its preeminence. :)
Yeah I'll dig something out soon. Been busy trimming the harvest more this week. That or I could hang the SP3000 at an angle.🤣
I'b be cutting off those huge fans covering shoots [bottom left pic]
I reckon in a couple of days those lower branches will be big enough for me to tuck those big fans down a bit and pull those lowers out over them so they get the light. What I usually try to do. Keep those solar panels if I can.
If you put a mesh in the tray under the pots, you can water more freely and leave the run off
Honestly I don't usually water to much run off with organics so I'll just leave it or tip the saucers out quickly. I'd have to go and buy some mesh and don't feel it'll be that necessary for this grow. Definitely a handy tip though.

Day 22. As soon as I get around to it I'll be sorting the tent to hang the SP3000 and get these girls going properly. The Jack Herrer in the mug came out upside down so I've flipped it the right way and hope she finishes sprouting fully soon.
PXL_20221021_192529992~2.jpg
PXL_20221021_192536393~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom