I'd say just feed her well before you leave,and just use water in the res- but it's up to you-
either way would probably work,but I think you're right about some of the nutes settling out of the water-I dissolve the MegaCrop in a little pill bottle before I dump it into the water,and if I leave the bottle sit for a little while,a lot of the MC settles to the bottom.

7 weeks old today for the Pink Grapefruit & Kalashnikov. They seem to have stopped going upwards completely now and the flowers are starting to fill out. Northern Lights is about a week behind them. According to Short Stuff the PG takes 8-9 weeks from seed to harvest. Looking at her now I'd expect 9-10 weeks. The others should be around the 10 week point too. Still amazed how well the Northern Lights is doing in that tiny pot.

Pink Grapefruit
IMG_20191005_102250_DRO.jpg

IMG_20191005_101707_DRO.jpg

IMG_20191005_101701_DRO.jpg

Kalashnikov
IMG_20191005_101452_DRO.jpg

IMG_20191005_101655_DRO.jpg

Northern Lights
IMG_20191005_101410_DRO.jpg

IMG_20191005_101418_DRO.jpg

Hopefully they'll do okay while I'm away next week. I might turn the light down a little so they don't dry up too quickly. Hope you all have a great weekend.
IMG_20191005_102722_DRO.jpg

Now I see your concern for the NL. That pot is tiny. They all have juicy looking flowers and appear to be chugging along nicely.
I did read somewhere here that a drought during week 7 of flower increases terpene production. So that’s ideal for the other two.
What about up-potting the NL? Bit risky I guess. Carcass’ wick method may be the answer you were looking for after all.

Now I see your concern for the NL. That pot is tiny. They all have juicy looking flowers and appear to be chugging along nicely.
I did read somewhere here that a drought during week 7 of flower increases terpene production. So that’s ideal for the other two.
What about up-potting the NL? Bit risky I guess. Carcass’ wick method may be the answer you were looking for after all.
A bigger pot wouldn't fit :laugh: Will have to try the wick. Interesting aboit the terpenes.

Vet, I am so into you growing these plants in such a small space. Loving your thread!

A bigger pot wouldn't fit :laugh: Will have to try the wick. Interesting aboit the terpenes.
I think what it is, is that it produces more trichs to protect from the sun causing too much evaporation to help water retention

Vet, I am so into you growing these plants in such a small space. Loving your thread!
Thank you good sir. Happy to have you along and I'm glad you've enjoyed what I've been up to. Learnt a lot and had fun along the way since starting out.

I've set up a 5 litre jug with a wick going into each pot. Didn't enjoy pushing them into the soil. Could feel and hear roots breaking. Fingers crossed it works. I'll check in the morning before I leave. They've had a good soaking too. Buds are fattening nicely. The PG is starting to yellow already so not sure if there's an issue or she will actually be done in 8-9 weeks like short stuff claim. See what she is like when I return on Friday I guess.

I'd say just feed her well before you leave,and just use water in the res- but it's up to you-
either way would probably work,but I think you're right about some of the nutes settling out of the water-I dissolve the MegaCrop in a little pill bottle before I dump it into the water,and if I leave the bottle sit for a little while,a lot of the MC settles to the bottom.
For some reason I've only just seen this one. I mixed in some mega crop so we will see what happens. Not overly confident but maybe I'll be surprised.

Well they're alive but need some cheering up. The Northern Lights is seriously floppy. Probably lost a fair bit of yield this week. Ah well. Pics aren't great but I'll get some better ones tomorrow when they've hopefully cheered up a bit.
IMG_20191011_202816_DRO.jpg
IMG_20191011_201951_DRO.jpg
IMG_20191011_202519_DRO.jpg

The Mrs gave them a little water on Wednesday but took them out the cabinet and then put them back in a way that some of the buds have been quite badly burnt. Should still have some smoke at the end of it though. The Kalashnikov is really fattening up despite the trauma of this week.

So here's a more detailed update after they've had a little TLC. They all had a good feed last night after I got back. The bigger girls looked a little down but the NL looked like she was about to give up. Thankfully they all seem to have responded well. Few more burnt tops thanks to the way the Mrs put them in the cabinet. I have a special way. It's like playing Tetris. Could've been worse I guess. The Kalashnikov is getting plumper and frostier. The Pink Grapefruit is really swelling up and fading in colour. Will likely start checking her Trichs soon. The Northern Lights has perked up but I think her overall yield will have suffered quite badly.

Kalashnikov
IMG_20191012_220048_DRO.jpg
IMG_20191012_220118_DRO.jpg
IMG_20191012_220058_DRO.jpg
IMG_20191012_220105_DRO.jpg

Pink Grapefruit
IMG_20191012_220151_DRO.jpg
IMG_20191012_220211_DRO.jpg
IMG_20191012_220218_DRO.jpg

Northern Lights
IMG_20191012_220522_DRO.jpg
IMG_20191012_220530_DRO.jpg
IMG_20191012_220536_DRO.jpg

Nice one, VS. The NL looks like it got knocked for a few days, but the other two hardly noticed a speedbump on the highway to happiness
:yummy::cool:
:thumb:
Yeah I can't really grumble at that. Still going pretty well. Could be my biggest harvest. We're 8 weeks in now.

Looking good,Vet- you're going to get a lot of smoke off those girls!
That Pink Grapefruit looks like one big ball o buds!

Looking good,Vet- you're going to get a lot of smoke off those girls!
That Pink Grapefruit looks like one big ball o buds!
Yeah I'm thinking this could well be quite a chunky harvest. The big girls could be ready before too long. They'll be 9 weeks old on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom