Vetsmoke Goes Perpetual With Bonsai Mothers, Clones & DIY Builds

Absolutely kicking myself tonight. Cocked up the drying of the GG. Broke open one of the large nugs and found this.
20210302_224717.jpg

Checked the other larger nugs and quarantined a few that looked suspect. All the smaller ones look okay so hopefully the whole crop hasn't been contaminated. Live and learn I guess.

The bonsai mum's are looking happy at least.
20210302_224749.jpg

How did that happen mate? What went wrong with the drying? Absolutely gutted for you
The bigger buds mustn't have dried enough in the middle before going into the jars. Probably lost about half an ounce I reckon. As long as the rest stays okay.

The bigger buds mustn't have dried enough in the middle before going into the jars. Probably lost about half an ounce I reckon. As long as the rest stays okay.
Damn! They were in the jars with the others. Bummer.
Good job you found it when you did or else the whole jar could have been toast.
I'm paranoid about big buds and break them up.
Not that I usually get big buds. Im not the best gardener.
I couldn't grow mould in a damp bathroom:rofl:.

Oooops! Shouldn't have mentioned mould.
Sore subject:confused: sorry
Ha ha. It's fine mate. I don't get down about things like this for long. All part of learning. Knew I should've broken those bigger ones up a bit more. Shit happens. Keeping my fingers crossed that the rest is safe. If it is I'll still have more than I could get through.

Yep it happens. I just found a little in two jars last week. Just in the centre stem of a couple big buds that had been jarred for over two weeks. Both hygrometers said 55 RH too. I suppose I have to order new ones. i have about a dozen. They all say different things and I find I always favour which ones tell me what I want to hear at the time :straightface:

Got Thing #2 some rats for his birthday
Thats cool you’ve got a pet snake.

Yep it happens. I just found a little in two jars last week. Just in the centre stem of a couple big buds that had been jarred for over two weeks. Both hygrometers said 55 RH too. I suppose I have to order new ones. i have about a dozen. They all say different things and I find I always favour which ones tell me what I want to hear at the time :straightface:

Thats cool you’ve got a pet snake.
Annoying but part of the game I guess. Reminded me to pay more attention to that part of the process.

Ha ha I'd love a snake but the boss said no.

I don't get down about things like this for long. All part of learning. Knew I should've broken those bigger ones up a bit more. Shit happens. Keeping my fingers crossed that the rest is safe. If it is I'll still have more than I could get through.
I think that's the right attitude, when it happens it is really gutting, but you live and learn eh. I feel for you tho! I've had a few false starts with my drying routines when I'd trim wet and then cut the colas up to dry and over/under do it, get mould etc.

Last year, I changed to whole plant drying, which I am not advocating to others as it all very much depends on your drying environment for humidity and all that, but for me where I am I found it worked really well, the plants dried very slowly, no mould at all and I dry trimmed them before jarring which was 3 weeks or so after giving them the chop. By the time they were jarred they already seemed to be on the way to curing, I only burped them twice and never since. And after a year the jarred buds are still nice and gooey/sticky inside. I intend to do whole plant drying again this grow, but I will use the bread knife when the missus is out so this time so I can cut the roots out with the plants for an even slower dry.

So I was looking at duct mufflers tonight and found a cheap one advertised as flexible that just looked like some acoustic ducting with the ends taped up so the fibre didn't fall out. Well I had a load of 4" acoustic ducting sat doing nothing. Too bulky to fit in the cupboard for the duct run. 10 minutes later and I have a DIY muffler. Must've reduced the noise at least 50%.
I punched some holes in the inner lining to allow the air to disperse into the stuffing and popped a piece of carbon filter sheeting in the end.
20210306_002917.jpg

So I was looking at duct mufflers tonight and found a cheap one advertised as flexible that just looked like some acoustic ducting with the ends taped up so the fibre didn't fall out. Well I had a load of 4" acoustic ducting sat doing nothing. Too bulky to fit in the cupboard for the duct run. 10 minutes later and I have a DIY muffler. Must've reduced the noise at least 50%.
I punched some holes in the inner lining to allow the air to disperse into the stuffing and popped a piece of carbon filter sheeting in the end.
20210306_002917.jpg
I need a silent air intake missis says it freaks her out any suggestions for a DIY way bro

Back
Top Bottom